Firearms and Facebook
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Firearms and Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Default Firearms and Facebook

Hey guys and gals. I just started a fan page on Facebook. I've got some amazing pics, and hopefully some great discussions coming up soon. I'd love it you'd like my new page, Gun control = more crime. Thanks y'all, and shoot straight. http://www.facebook.com/GunControlMoreCrime

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3061 Times on 1760 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

This sounds like you are advertising for us to participate in your facebook entry, but you have not given us the pleasure of having your presence here.

I will not participate.

Stick around here for a while, stop by the introductions area and tell us about you, and get involved here, and I may change my mind.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Last edited by danf_fl; 11-05-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6692 Times on 3353 Posts
Likes Given: 7217

I concur with Danf and would add that Everyone doesnt Bookface, many of us dont trust a company that makes billions giving away free services. I suggest you participate here and find out just what FTF is about!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #4

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
This sounds like you are advertising for us to participate in your facebook entry, but you have not given us the pleasure of having your presence here.

I will not participate.

Stick around here for a while, stop by the introductions area and tell us about you, and get involved here, and I may change my mind.
Look guys, it's not spam. I don't even know where the introductions area is. I just downloaded this app to my iPhone, and I'm still figuring it out. My apologies if I've offended anybody. Since you ask though, my name is Eric Reed. I'm a 38 year old airline captain from Houston, TX. I have a wife, and 3 beautiful children. I'm anti-Obama, pro god, an avid hunter, and pro gun!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 815 Times on 593 Posts
Likes Given: 233

I was on facebook. It lasted 8 hrs, and I cancelled it. It is the most terrible experience. Too many people you don't know, know too much about you. To put gun info in such a place is lunacy.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5
I was on facebook. It lasted 8 hrs, and I cancelled it. It is the most terrible experience. Too many people you don't know, know too much about you. To put gun info in such a place is lunacy.
Actually there's a huge following. Understood though. I know many others who are anti-Facebook.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 334 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Hi Eric - welcome to FTF - As you have found out, alot of us folks on here are not big fans of social media sites like Facebook. What worries me is that all this info online that people put out there may come back to haunt us. I dont trust online services - they have proven time and again not to have my best interests at heart. Do I have a facebook act? Yes I do. Not sure why I do - I keep threatening to get rid of it and dont use it much, except to keep in touch with a few friends, but really, it bothers me to have it. I am sure you know people who share their every thought, move, ache, pain, joy, etc on Facebook - nothing is sacred and I find it silly. I also make a point not to share much info on FB - just keep it as a method of contact.

Member: GOA, NRA

"Nil desperandum (never despair) is a model for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.” - Samuel Adams

Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6336 Times on 3542 Posts
Likes Given: 5919

Welcome to FTF!

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 399 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Theory on spacebook, myface, twiddle.......
If you are using a service, and not paying for that service, you are the product being sold. We know from past discussions that spacebook sends you a snooper cookie that is known to log your browsing habits for at least 90 days to be sold to marketers and who knows who else. Who knows what kind of key loggers or other malicious software they will put on your computer.
That is true for "free" email accounts, yaherrrr, snotmail, grrrmail, others. They scan your messages and sell the content to marketers and who knows who else.
Also bear in mind that anything that touches the interwebs never, ever, ever goes away.
Ok. I'm off my soap box.

Hey..... what's the red button do?