Firearm Chain Store Snitching? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Firearm Chain Store Snitching?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #41
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum View Post
both robo, im coming from a different culture where i could find everything i want-right now. and yes i did expect a gun store on every corner, im from the north, i looked at texas in child like wonder for its possible old school ways. I KNOW ITS NOT THATS OK I GET IT ALLS GOOD I GOT THE POINT-WITH THE PROGRAM NOW just wanted to make that clear cause i guess people think i want to run an anti-texas campain or something when all i wanted was information on chain stores-the rest was just me bitching.

again- "waiting" - never had to wait to get a gun ordered and have it transfered, not about the god damn background check.
Myself,like Robo really don't understand what all your whining's about.
While there may not be a gun shop on every corner,there are plenty good privately owned gun shops/dealers all over this state.

There are also gun shows every weekend of the year all over the entire state.If you can't find what you want or need,it's your own damn problem.

If you have a Texas drivers license,you can also buy a long gun in Louisiana,Arkansas,Oklahoma,and New Mexico.

You can thank the big chain stores ( Walmart,Academy,Bass Pro Shops,Cabelas,etc) for running most of the independent dealers in rural areas out of business.
So don't bitch about the idiot's that don't know anything about guns,selling guns,the big city folks caused that problem.

It sounds like you need to move closer to a metropolitan area,then maybe you can buy what you want-when you want it.

I bet I have over 50 dealers that I can buy a gun from within an hours drive of my house.And I live in the country.

East Texas is a big area,Maybe if you were a little more specific on where you live,we could locate a dealer that could help you find/get what it is that you want.

And I just can't resist.We have an old saying in this state-

Welcome to Texas-Now go home!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #42

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I get the concept that not being able to find everything you want immediately available can frustrate people, but I'm not getting the attitude the OP shows at all.

He states he's originally from Ohio, my home state as well. Yes, open carry is legal here, not so in Texas. But I can assure you, if you're getting a CCW in Ohio, even if you're straight out of the military, you're taking the concealed carry class as part of the criteria you have to do to get a CCW in Ohio. Just serving in the military doesn't give you a pass, nor should it.

I served in the military as well. I also have been shooting since my childhood, as well as hunted in Ohio for many years. That didn't exempt me from anything either, but I don't have some superior attitude thinking it should. I guess maybe the time frame of our military service might make the difference there, I'm from back in the 70's, when if we weren't spit on by civilians after serving our country, we counted ourselves lucky. And we knew better than to expect to be featured on local news when our unit got back home from the war, or to ever expect a parade in our honor.

That said, I'd not have an issue with having a celebration for every military member returning from combat over in the sand box, if the vets keep things in perspective. A good part of my generation went to war unwillingly, they were drafted into the military. Today's soldiers are all volunteer forces, nobody made them sign up. All I know personally don't exhibit an attitude that they're owed something special simply because they served.

And I know my opinion might not be popular with some here, perhaps because I may not have articulated it properly. But going on a damned rant because you HAVE to take the same class every other citizen in the state does to get a permit, more or less suggesting that simply because you just got out of the service, you're somehow better than others bothers me a LOT!

Why do you need a gun shop for 1911 parts? There's dozens of sources for parts in this country (actually the sources most shops would utilize to get them) that sell directly to consumers.

Bitching because the shops you go to specialize to some extent in military surplus firearms? Really? Consider how many gun owners actually like these old battle rifles. Nope, not the slickest whiz-bang firearms on the market, but some of us actually like steel and wood rifles instead of plastic and aluminum.

Bitching because Texas ain't the utopia old west movies portray the Wild West? Consider the restrictions other states put on gun owners, and thank your lucky stars Texas ain't like they are! I've never lived in Texas, but I've always found the state, and the people to be great.

And to the residents of Texas, from this Buckeye, PLEASE don't think all of us are quite so self centered, or rude. My apologies!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Myself,like Robo really don't understand what all your whining's about.
While there may not be a gun shop on every corner,there are plenty good privately owned gun shops/dealers all over this state.

There are also gun shows every weekend of the year all over the entire state.If you can't find what you want or need,it's your own damn problem.

If you have a Texas drivers license,you can also buy a long gun in Louisiana,Arkansas,Oklahoma,and New Mexico.

You can thank the big chain stores ( Walmart,Academy,Bass Pro Shops,Cabelas,etc) for running most of the independent dealers in rural areas out of business.
So don't bitch about the idiot's that don't know anything about guns,selling guns,the big city folks caused that problem.

It sounds like you need to move closer to a metropolitan area,then maybe you can buy what you want-when you want it.

I bet I have over 50 dealers that I can buy a gun from within an hours drive of my house.And I live in the country.

East Texas is a big area,Maybe if you were a little more specific on where you live,we could locate a dealer that could help you find/get what it is that you want.

thank you for taking my elbowing about texas in good sport, apparently if you make fun of someone- other people want to give you a college dissertation on being considerate - anyway

the "whining" is me pretty much saying texas is lacking to my boyish imagination i had about texas. but ill help breakdown my situation with your help.

Quote:
my previous firearm experience with private FFL's are just that-private. they dont accept or like off the street jackasses bothering them with stupid orders or questions, again, this might be different here.

Quote:
went to a handful. these "shows" looked like my uncles basement. and youre right, i didnt find anything i like cause bolt actions arnt my thing, hunting to me is pointless, and i dont need a 5 foot long shotgun. like the lever actions, but didnt find one in 45/70 govt. and thats the only one i like.

Quote:
**** out of luck for handguns huh? but really? i can buy an AR or AK in LA? thought cross boarder gun buying is just illegal across the board.

Quote:
You can thank the big chain stores ( Walmart,Academy,Bass Pro Shops,Cabelas,etc) for running most of the independent dealers in rural areas out of business. So don't bitch about the idiot's that don't know anything about guns,selling guns,the big city folks caused that problem.
dude, its not just here, trust me. its a big part of why i didnt bother in the north.

Quote:
hell id rather move closer to shreveport.

Quote:
You have very good friends. if all of us were so lucky.

Quote:
i have... extenuating circumstances for weapon buying. so it goes back to that private ffl thing. doing business out of a dudes garage after only talking to him over the phone...yea my buddy would be right behind me with his loaded piece in that situation. thats why i stayed/will stay away from that. and i am more than happy to share more information over the PM. not that im that paranoid about it, i just dont need everybody listing business or houses over an open thread.

Quote:

and yet i feel its "Welcome to Texas-Go **** Yourself!" <----joke. i better but that there cause im sure someones going to read that part and just go ape***

Last edited by Soliferrum; 02-27-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #44

and once more

Quote:
But I can assure you, if you're getting a CCW in Ohio, even if you're straight out of the military, you're taking the concealed carry class as part of the criteria you have to do to get a CCW in Ohio. Just serving in the military doesn't give you a pass, nor should it.
...shows how much you know about the CCW laws in ohio, as i am sitting on my Ohio CCW permit, and did not have to take one damn second of a class.

Quote:
Why do you need a gun shop for 1911 parts? There's dozens of sources for parts in this country (actually the sources most shops would utilize to get them) that sell directly to consumers.
i dont know i have this behavior of supporting the small weapon shops and i guess my belief that a shop that carried a crap load of modern pistols, would have something for a 1911, your right, what the hell was i thinking.

Quote:
Bitching because the shops you go to specialize to some extent in military surplus firearms? Really? Consider how many gun owners actually like these old battle rifles. Nope, not the slickest whiz-bang firearms on the market, but some of us actually like steel and wood rifles instead of plastic and aluminum.
one of my all time favorite rifles is the M14. if thats too modern for you gramps, im sorry. and no, no shop here has one. the rest of those 'dem dare wooden rifles' are for hunting. i dont hunt, thats why i have the aversion. or i guess its just cus im some young wipper snapper.

Quote:
Bitching because Texas ain't the utopia old west movies portray the Wild West? Consider the restrictions other states put on gun owners, and thank your lucky stars Texas ain't like they are! I've never lived in Texas, but I've always found the state, and the people to be great.
the state and people are great! im just giving them **** cause they are THE state but not THE gun state! i mean, people cant drive here, oh god IM DOING IT AGAIN!!!

Quote:
And to the residents of Texas, from this Buckeye, PLEASE don't think all of us are quite so self centered, or rude. My apologies!
thank you for speaking on behalf of me, and all my guys who are still serving. im so glad that an older vet still has some if not little respect for the younger generation. the way i see it we never asked for parades or all the thank yous, we all just figured it was people of your age doing it because you wouldnt treat us like how you were, but i see in some cases there is some bitterness.

its funny cause i have run into this older generation angst towards us. im guessing you were in vietnam? korea maybe at the latest? look thanks for all of what you have done for the country, and for us. what you lived though i couldnt imagine. and im sorry for how you guys got treated while comeing home. but whatever you did, dosent even come close to what my ww2 101 screaming eagle grandfather had to live though. the mans ashes still have nazi flak in them. they were going to throw it out when they cremated him, but grandma said no, he would have wanted to keep it.

so no matter what, they will never make them like they used to. so keep the my generation is so spoiled to your god damn self. just cause you say "no disrespect" dosent make you exempt from saying awful ****. sorry everyone.

Last edited by Soliferrum; 02-27-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:03 AM   #45

oh and because i forgot it, i dont know how, it sucks i have to take the class = "oh you think youre some big shot now?"

do i think my military training i received in the corps better than all training, oh not by a long shot.

do i think the training i got is better than a state mandatory 12 hr pistol class for a license? yes. and ill admit that to anyone who wants to get good and pissed at me.

not better than anyone, just IMHO.