Firearm Chain Store Snitching? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Firearm Chain Store Snitching?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2946 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 262

I guess I am still a bit unclear as to what the problem is. Is it that you have to "wait" to get a gun or that you have to go to a chain store to get a gun? I do not know what you expected to find here, a gun store on every corner? You see, we already have a bunch of guns so we don't need to have a huge selection at a store on the corner. If we have to order one and do the transfer at the LGS, it is OK because ou gun safes are full anyway.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #32

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Texas is NOT the wild west, It hasn't been since the early 1900s. No, we are not the most gun friendly state, but we are more gun friendly then most of the other states.
There are stores that stock many different guns, there are also ones that only have a few hunting rifles. It just depends on where you live. If there is a particular gun you want, and it is not available locally, try gunbroker.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

You could just move next door to Arizona. Arizona is a Free state. They have open carry, Constl Carry or CCW permits if you want. Many gun shops and gun shows. Public lands shooting ranges. Texas is a big very populated state with lots of rules. There is little or no Public land everything is private. Texas is not a free state. Ohio is no dream when it comes to gun laws. I would take Texas over Ohio anyday.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #34

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
You could just move next door to Arizona. Arizona is a Free state. They have open carry, Constl Carry or CCW permits if you want. Many gun shops and gun shows. Public lands shooting ranges. Texas is a big very populated state with lots of rules. There is little or no Public land everything is private. Texas is not a free state. Ohio is no dream when it comes to gun laws. I would take Texas over Ohio anyday.
Check a map, New Mexico is next door, Arizona is farther down the street next to that pain in the ass California.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2239 Times on 1219 Posts
Likes Given: 3463

i live in OK-next door to TX. Never had any problem buying a long gun in OK or TX. Just fill out the 4473, wait a few minutes while someone calls Insta-Check, pay for the gun and leave the store.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #36
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2003 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 4220

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
i live in OK-next door to TX. Never had any problem buying a long gun in OK or TX. Just fill out the 4473, wait a few minutes while someone calls Insta-Check, pay for the gun and leave the store.
New Mexico is the same policy!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I guess I am still a bit unclear as to what the problem is. Is it that you have to "wait" to get a gun or that you have to go to a chain store to get a gun? I do not know what you expected to find here, a gun store on every corner? You see, we already have a bunch of guns so we don't need to have a huge selection at a store on the corner. If we have to order one and do the transfer at the LGS, it is OK because ou gun safes are full anyway.
both robo, im coming from a different culture where i could find everything i want-right now. and yes i did expect a gun store on every corner, im from the north, i looked at texas in child like wonder for its possible old school ways. I KNOW ITS NOT THATS OK I GET IT ALLS GOOD I GOT THE POINT-WITH THE PROGRAM NOW just wanted to make that clear cause i guess people think i want to run an anti-texas campain or something when all i wanted was information on chain stores-the rest was just me bitching.

again- "waiting" - never had to wait to get a gun ordered and have it transfered, not about the god damn background check.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #38

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Arizona is close enough to be a next door South Western State. Arizona maybe a neighbor to California but it is the only Free State in the South West. In Texas you can not open carry and must go thru a State mandated program to carry concealed. In Arizona you can open carry. A resident of Arizona can carry concealed with out "Nanny" state approval.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #39
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2946 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 262

Like I said, we have a high ratio of firearms ownership already so when the Oblamma BS hit, we did not have the over riding need to go out and buy an AR. We already had one (or two). The LGS's did not feel the need to stock up on such things. And, since we have no room for any more guns in our safes, we have to factor in the purchase of a second safe with the purchase of a new gun. Texas is actually several different states of mind with the "valley" being occupied territory, Corpus Christi being heavily Catholic influenced, the Houston area is a huge city that is kind of half New York and half Texas, Austin is just San Francisco East, DFW tries to be "cultured", East Texas is more like Alabama, and West Texas is sparsely populated, independent individuals.

I know this is an oversimplification, but I do understand there are fewer LGS's than one might expect coming from the land of Howard Metzenbaum (may the Devl torment his soul). The internet has caused many stores to stock less and order/transfer more. If you are in the Houston area, try Carter's Country (two locations still I think). In Austin go to McBride's. They have a bit of EVERYTHING from antique Wincheters to black rifles, reloading, fishing, clothing and gear. Great family operation.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I'm at a loss for words.

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)