Fire mission - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Fire mission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Why? What will they accomplish?

So... tell me again how sacrificing some more of our Liberty will work to keep guns out of the wrong hands?

Tack
I got this....

well tack ya see the thing with the ...um ...well they check the buyer right and um....then that buyer just giving a gun away would be um breaking the law by ah....mmm...cause theyre in a gang see? And they dont want to break any ....ah....laws. so... yeah!

I dont see what the problem with that logic is.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 04-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #12

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
I got this....

well tack ya see the thing with the ...um ...well they check the buyer right and um....then that buyer just giving a gun away would be um breaking the law by ah....mmm...cause theyre in a gang see? And they dont want to break any ....ah....laws. so... yeah!

I dont see what the problem with that logic is.
Well since I am an LEO, my only input here is the fact that our justice system and methods of prosecution really suck ass big time, so it may cause her to get arrested and junk, but unfortunately she would probably never get a charge or do any time the way it usually goes, so say they ban her from ever being able to buy a gun then again, well they will just go find another person, and then another and another, and it will continue just the same, I don't think it would honestly do that much good. Just my perspective and two cents tho..... I see firsthand how the justice system works and it doesn't work like people think it does unfortunately.....
Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #13

Liked 2018 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

I am against any new laws whatsoever. Once they start on a debate over a bill that is totally watered down, they will start attaching other crap to it. Then it does become a real threat.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #14

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13 View Post
The only thing I am fine with is the universal background checks.
BAD IDEA!!! KEY WORD UNIVERSAL...

This was explained on one of the local talk shows yesterday, either FOX, Hannady, Shawn one of those I was driving about listening but here is the bad news....

You are at the range, a long time trusted friend is there too, he likes your gun and asks to shoot it is it OK to simply hand him your gun to try out....

NO YOU CANNOT!!

If you let him you are in violation of the FEDERAL Universal background checks law, can be arrested, fined, your guns confiscated, and loose a heap of money on lawyers, your job, family..

Before you can let him take it you must first run a background check on him...

he MT's the mag can he give it back...

NO HE CANNOT.

Before he can return you gun to you he must first run a background check on you or he is in violaton of federal law...

You are off on a mulit day business trip and leaving the wife alone, she asks for your BUG for protection while you are gone...

can you let her borrow it to keep her safe in the house while you are gone

NO YOU CANNOT

you must first run a background check on your wife before you let her borrow it or you are in violation of the universal background check...

Can she simply had it back when you return...

NO SEE ABOVE!!!

further you may be charged as much as $10 per transaction... Is it still OK???

Last edited by 2manyhobbies; 04-11-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6572 Times on 3661 Posts
Likes Given: 6214

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
BAD IDEA!!! KEY WORD UNIVERSAL...

This was explained on one of the local talk shows yesterday, either FOX, Hannady, Shawn one of those I was driving about listening but here is the bad news....

You are at the range, a long time trusted friend is there too, he likes your gun and asks to shoot it is it OK to simply hand him your gun to try out....

NO YOU CANNOT!!

If you let him you are in violation of the FEDERAL Universal background checks law, can be arrested, fined, your guns confiscated, and loose a heap of money on lawyers, your job, family..

Before you can let him take it you must first run a background check on him...

he MT's the mag can he give it back...

NO HE CANNOT.

Before he can return you gun to you he must first run a background check on you or he is in violaton of federal law...

You are off on a mulit day business trip and leaving the wife alone, she asks for your BUG for protection while you are gone...

can you let her borrow it to keep her safe in the house while you are gone

NO YOU CANNOT

you must first run a background check on your wife before you let her borrow it or you are in violation of the universal background check...

Can she simply had it back when you return...

NO SEE ABOVE!!!

further you may be charged as much as $10 per transaction... Is it still OK???
Sorry. Gotta throw the big B.S. flag on that.

There are good arguments that can be made against the BC, but none of those above fit the mold. The nonsense posted above actually hurt the cause of stopping the BC bill.

This is pure fear mongering.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I am against any new laws whatsoever. Once they start on a debate over a bill that is totally watered down, they will start attaching other crap to it. Then it does become a real threat.
I agree. I am against any new laws because they are restricting freedoms.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #17

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Sorry. Gotta throw the big B.S. flag on that.

There are good arguments that can be made against the BC, but none of those above fit the mold. The nonsense posted above actually hurt the cause of stopping the BC bill.

This is pure fear mongering.
No not BS, I know you cannot believe everything you hear on the radio, but the guy was on a national syndicated news show, (Which one is on it was either Sirus fox or Patriot at 15:00) this was a 3 round, the mod, and two guests, and he was not refuted....

On a side note there is discussion on the news today about dropping the UNIVERSAL part from the bill and only require COMMERCIAL dealers to do this at the point of sale...

The bad part is they still want to keep records of all transactions, AKA registration NOT GOOD!!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 706

so far out of 2300 votes... 2010 againts all legislation. woohoo...i doubt this poll will get airded on tv

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
2manyhobbies Likes This 
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #19

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I'm fine with UBC's, but I know that the feds would abuse it easily so in the end I oppose them. I basically want parts of the 1968 firearms laws and the machine gun ban to be totally gone but other than that I am okay with firearms laws on a national

Edit:

Quote:
i doubt this poll will get airded on tv
LOL "airded"

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Last edited by Garadex; 04-12-2013 at 07:37 AM.