Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > finally made up my mind on the nra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2657 Times on 1549 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

Welcome to the NRA. As with other large organizations, there are issues I have problems with, buth overall they do a decent job.

(Ask Bill Clinton)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #12

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Many times, brute force is what's needed to keep our gun rights. And that's where the NRA shines.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 08-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #13

Liked 1678 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
Since i joined NRA.. i keep eceiving junk mail. And they didnt send me the range bad as promised. Lol
Hey I just realized I havent seen mine either. Imagine that! Thats ok. I didnt renew for the bag. I feel that they do about the best job representing us out of anyone.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2579 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 246

With an election coming up, even if you're not a huge fan, you should jump in with an annual membership. Bump up the numbers. If EVERY person that owned a firearm was a member, the politicians would hesitate a lot more before they crapped on us. I wish that every firearm sold since BHO became president had come with a free NRA membership. Think what those numbers would look like.
If nothing else, the American Rifleman is worth the price of entry.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 08-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2221 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

Overkill,

Can you only imagine if every supporting gun owner would join. Politicians pay attention to numbers! That is all but Obama, Clinton, Reid, Pelosi and Holder. I think Biden is even very aware of the numbers. Keep in mind they want to keep their plush jobs and lavish existence!!! We need to unify. To each his or her own as long as they do not shove it down our throats! But we seen what happened in the recent Chick-Fil-A issue when the folks stuck together and supported the Owners right to freedom of speech. It flat worked and also created the largest sales the company ever had with thousands of people lining up and supporting the owner. The same would definitely apply if we all backed the NRA and came out in major numbers. I really think the majority of Americans is getting real sick and tired of what is going on at the present time!
God Bless America and let's take it back! And let's protect our Second Amendment Rights for the future. It is under attack for those who have not figured it out! This contrary to popular belief this is not a political statement it is a cold hard fact!
God Bless America and the true Patriots and Gun Owners here on the FTF! We are also along with the NRA the defenders of the Second Amendment and our Constitutional Rights and Freedom for our following generations. Thanks to all of you for standing up for what is right!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 08-12-2012 at 02:24 PM.
redscho Likes This 
Old 08-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5192 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 4411

I've been a life member since 1957, and an endowment member since 1974

I don't alwayus agree with their selection of candidates either. But I finally came to realize that the folks they support are pro-gun. Whether they feel pro-gun in their hearts, or whether they're scared to death of the NRA doesn't matter. The way they vote on 2A issues is what matters.

Also, remember the NRA is not a conservative or liberal orgasnization. It's a one issue. pro-gun oprganizarion. And therein lies it'
s strength.

Welcome to the club, Jon!

Golda Meier.

Last edited by locutus; 08-12-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5315 Times on 2774 Posts
Likes Given: 335

the thing that really tipped me over the top was romney picking ryan as VP. this means that we need all the firepower against gungrabbers as we can get. romney and ryan both arent the best on gun issues, but with something as large as the nra they can be swayed to the constitutional side of a decision. with that pick it means that possibly 16 more years before we can get a solid pro-2A candidate in office...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1171 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Welcome to the group. I too struggle with some of their candidates. I also will tell you that there will be plenty of junk mail, and phone calls for donations. They also will start mailing you requests for next year in about two weeks.

By and large, as a one issue group, they do a good job.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #19

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Since i joined NRA.. i keep eceiving junk mail. And they didnt send me the range bad as promised. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Hey I just realized I havent seen mine either. Imagine that! Thats ok. I didnt renew for the bag. I feel that they do about the best job representing us out of anyone.
Neither did I so I called them about it...

The woman I spoke with said they had been absolutely inundated with processing new/re-new memberships that they have pretty much run out of the freebies. She said I will get one, just going to take more than twice as long as the promised 6-8 week delivery. (She really did sound frazzled on the phone bless her heart...)

I can wait...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #20
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7821 Times on 4513 Posts
Likes Given: 10063

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I bet its made in China like the hat that I got. Not only is it Chinese, but the American flag on the band is backwards. I really don't believe that there is not a single American hat company out there that can compete with the to provide the NRA with some Made In America hats!

Seriously NRA, that is a big deal to many of us.

Last edited by JonM; 08-12-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: removed racial slur. please refrain from that
dog2000tj Likes This