Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > finally made up my mind on the nra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5316 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Default finally made up my mind on the nra

After years of being indecisive on whether i should join the nra or not i decided despite the flaws they have done a decent job nationally even though i disagree with some of the candidates they back overall its a positive.

So when i placed my order with dillon tonite for a few things like their electric case trimmer i added a nra membership to the cart.

So after years of waffling im now an nra member.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2012, 03:59 AM   #2

Liked 1678 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

Welcome to the club. Get ready for some junk email. LOL

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6752 Times on 4080 Posts
Likes Given: 8065

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
After years of being indecisive on whether i should join the nra or not i decided despite the flaws they have done a decent job nationally even though i disagree with some of the candidates they back overall its a positive.

So when i placed my order with dillon tonite for a few things like their electric case trimmer i added a nra membership to the cart.

Congratulations. I am still a 'waffler'.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #4

Liked 4565 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

Good decision John, I've been a member for 17 years and don't regret it. Despite there warts, the NRA is still the best line of defense for our gun right.

Simple fear of our wrath is the only reason were not listening to dip**** libtards coast to coast railing about Aurora.

Those of you still waffling, please reconsider. It's a numbers game and the politicians are listening.

Even the Nevada Scum Bag himself, Dirty Harry Reed, has managed to keep his diseased mouth shut!

Tack

PS...Bless your heart Jon!

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 08-12-2012 at 04:16 AM.
People Like This 
Old 08-12-2012, 04:24 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
LOL...understatement of the decade. I get a least 2 pieces of mail a week asking for donations for various sub groups like NRA-ILA etc.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Congratulations. I am still a 'waffler'.
Take the plunge...if you cannot bring yourself to join the NRA check out Gunowners of America...GOA.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-12-2012, 04:28 AM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Welcome to the club

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5316 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
LOL...understatement of the decade. I get a least 2 pieces of mail a week asking for donations for various sub groups like NRA-ILA etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Dont see that changing much. I already get tons of their junkmail

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 204 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Since i joined NRA.. i keep eceiving junk mail. And they didnt send me the range bad as promised. Lol

Old 08-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2223 Times on 1113 Posts
Likes Given: 1142

Jon,

I am an NRA Benefactor member after belonging to the NRA for years and even doing weapon presentations at the NRA HQ many times. I will be honest and admit that I certainly do not always agree with all their decisions. But I do not always know all the details! And regarding my favorite basketball team I do not like all the members of the team but I still support the team as a whole for what they represent and what they accomplish! I also realize that with the spin of the anti gun folks they have a tendency to want us to discredit the organization that has led the way to protect our Second Amendment Rights for years. Do not be fooled! Without them we would not have our Second Amendment Rights as we know it today, I assure you! And this NATO issue is not something to be taken lightly! And we must all stand up against this Treaty with every breath we have as will the NRA.
Like it or not the NRA will be there with us on this issue also as they have many in the past.
God Bless America!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This