Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The fight for the right to keep and bear arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default The fight for the right to keep and bear arms

We are faced with a tough fight in the right to keep and bare arms arena again. Though I beleave we will win this fight.

The left wing and right wing anti-gunners are doubling there efforts to convince the American people that the Right to Keep and Bare Arms is not a right given to the common peoples, but rather a collective right for the Government.

In their endeavor to deceive the American people on this issue, they have forgot or purposely left out vital information about our rights. We must go back in history and look closely at the time frame, our founding fathers, and the documents that we hold so dear.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

http://www.freespaces.com/opaww/Decloration.htm

The Constitution of The United States

http://www.freespaces.com/opaww/Constitution.htm

The Bill of Rights

http://www.freespaces.com/opaww/Bill.htm

I post a link to the 3 main documents that were the backbone and or founding principles. They are as is written and not changed up by me or anyone else.

Here is a link to my take on the Second Amendment that some of you have seen already but it applies just the same.

http://www.freespaces.com/opaww/admin2.htm

Note 1. A misleading term the anti gunners like to use when quoting the Second Amendment is milishia, instead of militia. Militia is the word used in the Second Amendment. Attempting to look up the meaning of milishia in the Webster’s Dictionary it tells me there is no such ward or meaning. But if we see how the gun grabbers use the ward we can place a gun grabbers value to it.

The term milishia to the gun grabber is by their definition a military unit who member already belong to and are active participants. The definition I place on the word milishia is “a rogue body of citizens engaged in the act of legal or illegal armed confrontation, not sanctioned by the governing body, but called to arms by the peoples or the immediate need to act.”

The assumption that some how the Second Amendment only applies to a military is a very misleading statement. If we look at the history of our great country we can see that this amendment applies to the citizenry as individuals and as a collective body. We must remember and actually separate the Bill of Rights from the Constitution in order to fully grasp the understanding of personal rights.

The Constitution was ratified and became law September 17, 1787. The Bill of Rights was ratified December 15, 1791. Here is a historical account of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution_history.html

The Constitution deals with the Governing body of the United States and not the individual rights of the citizens. This is one reason that the founding fathers had a long hard battle to ratify the document. A bargaining agreement was met to allow a Bill of Rights for the citizens to be wrote and become law.

The bill of Rights was for every citizen in America and not the government. This document belongs to the people and not the elite. The first bill presented to the Congress had 12 Amendments to it, the first 2 being applied to Government were removed and the remaining 10 became our Bill of Rights.

The Bill of Rights is Amendments to be added to our Constitution but as a separate document that dealt with personal right and not a governing body. Nowhere in the Constitution does it give the Government the athority to remove any of our rights, but they may enhance our right. (Add to, not take away) The first 10 were the core of our real freedoms as individual Americans.

This alone shows proof that the Second Amendment applied to individuals who were citizens of America and not the military and/or the Government. Many of the founding fathers, wrote articles, letters, and books on the subject of our freedoms. In almost every one of them the Right of the individual citizen to keep and bare arms was paramount.

Of the 13 colonies in America many wrote and ratified a type of Constitutions, and in what was to become a State Constitution they were very adamant about the individual rights to keep and bare arms. Here again we can see that the founding states of America understood the need for the individual to be armed at all times.

With the oppression of the crown in America, many people resisted by arming themselves when they could. This was looked down on by whichever governor the crown placed in power and many people’s weapons were confiscated and powder, flint and shot were not issued them, from fear of reprisal by the populace.

A second Item of the Bill of Rights is the term the People I cannot write a better response to this term then is already done here on this page.

http://www.thefiringline.com/Misc/library/kates.html

Let us not forget that for over 200 years we the peoples have believed the Second Amendment applied to us as citizens, and individuals. At no time has the Government stepped in and corrected this belief. In recent years though the anti gunners have tried to change the meanings and tell the peoples that they were wrong all along. The anti gunners also attempt to make the Bill of Rights a living document subject to change at the whim of an oppressive Governing body. It is not a living document, but rather a document that is absolute.

One must remember that until the Bill of Rights was ratified and became law. No person had much of any rights that were an absolute. Even after the Bill of Rights was ratified woman and slaves had basically no right at all.

When the Constitution was ratified and became law slaves were considered property by law. A person wishing to vote had to own property, (land or a slave.) Woman had no rights to property back then. With the defeat of slavery we now had another class of peoples who now qualified as citizens, with all the given rights that the Bill of Rights granted. Woman finely was granted their full rights also somewhere with in the 20th century.

Just after the Civil War the anti gun movement started, with the intent of denying ex-slaves their rights to keep and bare arms. The anti gun movement has it’s roots in racism and not for the pretence of making America safer. Almost all quotes of violence are still directed toward the Black communities. When we see the news about violence and the need for gun control it has an ever-bearing presence of racism with in the statements. Here is a good article on the slavery and gun control issue.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/poe/poe3.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

There is no shortage of reasoning, rationalle and history that supports that people must remain free to keep and bear arms if they choose to. What we are fighting is an ever-increasing number of people who are grossly ignorant to history and the facts.

Very few people will agree that criminals follow the law. So, most will agree, when asked, that criminals will not abide by gun-control laws. But few people will reach this conclusion on their own by thinking it through.

That's damned scary.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #3

according to my sep 2010 copy of "american hunter", page 16, on jun 28 2010, the supreme court says the 2nd amendment protects our rights in every state, city, and town in america. the case was mcdonald vs city of chicago. i may be writing this in the wrong part of this forum, but the last post here was in may. if i am a dumdum, tell me. however, this is a big victory. PLEASE research all the upcoming people up for nov elections. Please vote for the folks that will protect our contitutional rights. i vote independent. i have voted for repubs and dems in the past. you must not just vote for a party. vote for the right person. thank you. jeff.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffware View Post
according to my sep 2010 copy of "american hunter", page 16, on jun 28 2010, the supreme court says the 2nd amendment protects our rights in every state, city, and town in america. the case was mcdonald vs city of chicago. i may be writing this in the wrong part of this forum, but the last post here was in may. if i am a dumdum, tell me. however, this is a big victory. PLEASE research all the upcoming people up for nov elections. Please vote for the folks that will protect our contitutional rights. i vote independent. i have voted for repubs and dems in the past. you must not just vote for a party. vote for the right person. thank you. jeff.
The thread you replied to is over 3 years and 3 months old. I'm not sure if you are a "dumdum" (your word) or not, but you are not very observant. Perhaps you are using the search to make "drive-by" posts...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-18-2010, 04:14 AM   #5

Default the right

Heller V. DC and Mcdonald V. Chicago for the first time establishes CASE LAW in the affirmative with regard to the 2A. However, if the goofy a$$ liberals get the shift in the balance of power on the supreme court that could all go out the window irrespective of what they have said before but we do have the precedent. It just begs the question, "How much longer before we actually lose this right?" When we finally do lose, then what? Are we really going to fall for the gun grab? Do these communist pukes actually think all of us in fly-over country are going to capitulate? Who is going to take up this monumental and uneviable task? If owning a gun mean being a felon then come put me or try to put me in jail. I can assure you that I will not be on the one way choo-choo ride to one of their FEMA camps or whatever else they have contrived for once law-abiding productive citizens. I will always be an advocate for the 2A until its gone. I really hope it is sooner than later so we can finally figure out "The Will of the People" on this matter and put it to bed for a long time. These left wing trust fund idiots can have their riots and burn stuff and break out windows but trust me friends when the right wing gets pi$$ed off they won't have a snowballs chance in hell. All I can say is put a little trust in your fellow American and not in the law or the gov't. We have each other, our beliefs and our steadfast convictions which are only bolstered by the aftermath and historical catastrophy's of gun confiscation.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 262 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
Heller V. DC and Mcdonald V. Chicago for the first time establishes CASE LAW in the affirmative with regard to the 2A. However, if the goofy a$$ liberals get the shift in the balance of power on the supreme court that could all go out the window irrespective of what they have said before but we do have the precedent. It just begs the question, "How much longer before we actually lose this right?" When we finally do lose, then what? Are we really going to fall for the gun grab? Do these communist pukes actually think all of us in fly-over country are going to capitulate? Who is going to take up this monumental and uneviable task? If owning a gun mean being a felon then come put me or try to put me in jail. I can assure you that I will not be on the one way choo-choo ride to one of their FEMA camps or whatever else they have contrived for once law-abiding productive citizens. I will always be an advocate for the 2A until its gone. I really hope it is sooner than later so we can finally figure out "The Will of the People" on this matter and put it to bed for a long time. These left wing trust fund idiots can have their riots and burn stuff and break out windows but trust me friends when the right wing gets pi$$ed off they won't have a snowballs chance in hell. All I can say is put a little trust in your fellow American and not in the law or the gov't. We have each other, our beliefs and our steadfast convictions which are only bolstered by the aftermath and historical catastrophy's of gun confiscation.
Molon Labe.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

Old 09-23-2010, 04:02 AM   #7

yes, i made the mistake of saying no posts have been made here since may. i should have said something like may of 2007. mr. skullcrusher, i accept your burn without any problems. however, my post is meant to get all of us out to vote for the right politicians. but i have another BIG proposal to run by all of you. THE SUPREME COUT JUDGES ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE LAW. THEY ARE NOT ELECTED. how do we get our elected representatives to change this? these people can ruin our 2nd amendment rights. i am proposing that we all start writing our congessmen to get this changed. this will be a big change to our government, but we need this to protect OUR rights. a am going to write my congeessmen and suggest a change that supreme court judges are ELECTED, not appointed. thank you for doing the same. please check my postings on this site. i may only post time to time, but i am not a drive by thanks jeff.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:07 AM   #8

Exclamation 2nd Amendment....

The fact alone that the 2nd amendment uses language that pertains to citizens is clear ! The right of the PEOPLE to bear arms shall not be infringed !
That one word, people means you, me, and everybody. It doesn't say right of the military, militia, or special group. The people have the right to form a militia if they choose is the first part. The people have the right to bear arms is the second. It's language is plain and simple but the dopey libbys will forever try to twist it out of the peoples favor. I have no problem with people who want to hug trees, but people who want to take my firearms and my fellow american's firearms away I do have a problem with them that do ! You see, a liberal is nothing but one who likes to start trouble. They just do it a bit more subtle, that's the difference. The day will come when a mugger will knock one to the ground and possible break a jaw or cut them with a knife, then they will sing a different song. We don't live in a world of grass, flowers, and butterflies.
Life isn't like a disney movie, these people just need to wake up from their daydream and get a taste of the real world.

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 09-27-2010, 04:33 AM   #9

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffware View Post
yes, i made the mistake of saying no posts have been made here since may. i should have said something like may of 2007. mr. skullcrusher, i accept your burn without any problems. however, my post is meant to get all of us out to vote for the right politicians. but i have another BIG proposal to run by all of you. THE SUPREME COUT JUDGES ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE LAW. THEY ARE NOT ELECTED. how do we get our elected representatives to change this? these people can ruin our 2nd amendment rights. i am proposing that we all start writing our congessmen to get this changed. this will be a big change to our government, but we need this to protect OUR rights. a am going to write my congeessmen and suggest a change that supreme court judges are ELECTED, not appointed. thank you for doing the same. please check my postings on this site. i may only post time to time, but i am not a drive by thanks jeff.
No harm, no foul, Jeff. I'm glad this issue comes up regularly, necro thread or not.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I refer you to the Col. Jeff Cooper quote in my signature:

..."That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants.” – Jeff Cooper's Commentaries, Vol. 2, No. 5, May 1994

Molon Labe B*tches!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams