felony charge - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > felony charge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 03:29 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
I am not a Lawyer...But I play one on the Internet and I did stay at a Holiday Inn. J/K but you may need to hire one.
dude you funny as hell

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:01 AM   #22

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I would suggest speaking with a lawyer.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 03-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #23

When I was in school, with Fred Flintstone as a classmate, everyone carried knives at school, including teachers. We have several teachers who loved to play mumblety-peg with us.

The ag department also gave away a shotgun and a rifle each year, starting in seventh grade. The kids hunted such things as starlings, sparrows, fox, groundhog, crow, etc., brought in proof of the kill, and were awarded so many points for each.

At the end of the year, whoever had the highest score got his pick or the rifle or shotgun, and the second highest score got the weapon the winner didn't want. The rifle and shotgun were handed over to the winners in school, and they carried them home on the school bus.

The ag department also had regular BB gun contests, and handed out prizes for those.

Granted, it was mid-west, farm community school with under a thousands students in the entire system, but it's hard to believe how much things have changed in my lifetime.

I can't see how many of these changes have been for the good.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I would think about talking to the DA and make sure that the charge is completely removed from his record. It could possibly pose a problem in the future. With that said, if it does get COMPLETELY removed you may want to let it ride, I say this because your son DID have an "illegal weapon" on school grounds, and if the issue is pushed he may end up with that felony conviction. On the other hand, talking to a lawyer is a definite do, the 800 bucks they made you pay for it to go away IS NOT the fine for a conviction! A good lawyer may be able to get you your money back, the charges dropped because of the DA's EXTORSION, and maybe a little extra to boot. I'm NOT a lawyer and I did NOT play one on TV, and no I didn't get to stay at a Holiday Inn Exress last night either! just sayin...

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #25

Well according to 2 law offices here they want 1500 to expunge the record. As far as I know and it was told to me several times, that a felony arrest will not keep him from buying. Only a COVICTION. I/ we don't care about the record of the arrest, just as long as it didn't impede his purchasing guns. He can buy from PP (gun and ammo) at 18 and FFL at 21 here in La. (figure that one out)

arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine

Old 04-04-2010, 04:35 AM   #26

Likes Given: 1

I was a lawyer (please forgive me) but not in Louisiana. I agree that you need to talk to a lawyer with experience in weapons charges. In Colorado we have Rocky Mountain Gun Owners that has lawyers as members that can answer questions with real knowledge. Do you have a similar group in LA? They may be able to help without it costing you an arm and a leg.

When he turns 18 most states seal a juvenile record anyway. That said, no conviction, no foul.

I think the DA should be brought up before the state licensing board for extorsion. Another question to ask a lawyer, we all have to agree to a strict ethics code.

LA has a different legal system than the other 49 states, based on European tradition rather than English. That means that the law is all statutory rather than common law developed by case precedence. Look up the law he is accused of breaking and see what it actually says.

Good luck.

Last edited by spook; 04-05-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #27

Spook:
Thank you for you valuable input. I will have to look into those matters.

arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine

Old 04-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #28

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Wink knife in school

the law is very specific about knives in school (most states) why did any one know he had the knife --did he get it out to show someone? Then some one saw him with it and told on him? I would suggest here in southwestern Ozarks 90% of the young men have knives but are told not to show it to anyone.You never know when your going to have to skin out some road kill