felony charge - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

felony charge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

If it was truly expunged, the only record of your son being taken into custody will be a duty or desk blotter entry indicating that he was brought in and then released. By the way, what was the blade length to justify a felony charge?
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
If it was truly expunged, the only record of your son being taken into custody will be a duty or desk blotter entry indicating that he was brought in and then released. By the way, what was the blade length to justify a felony charge?
If my understanding is correct, blade length is irrelevant on school grounds. Possession on school grounds is an entirely different charge than simple possession. This site, however, says that your son cannot be fined more than $500. Perhaps a lawyer would be a good investment, or at least good for peace of mind.

Louisiana Illegal Carrying of Weapons Law

Old 03-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10726 Times on 4642 Posts
Likes Given: 1745

To purchase a handgun from a FFL (dealer, in other words) you must be 21. Federal law applies to all Federally licensed dealers. HOWEVER- some states have a lower age. If so, you may purchase, but only from a private citizen, NOT from a dealer. And yes, I would second having the local LEOs do a records check. Just because you do not go to jail does not mean you do not have a felony lurking out there- Teddy Kennedy never went to jail, but was a convicted felon (remember Mary Jo, and the Bridge Over Troubled Waters?)

Old 03-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #14

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Just go to your local Sheriff's dept and ask them to run his ssn or dl#. That will tell you all you need to know.

As far as having a knife in school, things have turned stupidly ugly there. When I went to HS, guys had shotguns in their trucks during deer season or .22lrs during squirrel season. That is why we need to remain vigilant in protecting our 2A rights. Vote as such in Nov.
I had a loaded sks and a deer rifle in the rifle rack at school. I am 34 and graduated in 1993. thats ow far gone the system is today. 15 years and its gone all to hell. I'd like to thank the media for doing just what all the school shooters hope they will do, televise it and make them famous.

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #15
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2106 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 4539

Damn! I remember in Louisiana growing up; that was years and years ago you can have a shotgun or rifle in the vehicle. A pocket knife then was nothing to worry about.

It is a different world we live in today!

Old 03-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
I had a loaded sks and a deer rifle in the rifle rack at school. I am 34 and graduated in 1993. thats ow far gone the system is today. 15 years and its gone all to hell. I'd like to thank the media for doing just what all the school shooters hope they will do, televise it and make them famous.
Why would you even do that?? In my opinion, you're just asking for trouble to so overtly bring loaded weapons on school grounds for any reason.

I do agree, however, that it's retarded to get busted for carrying a pen-knife unless of course the blade was of an excessive length or was of the automatic or assisted open type.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Damn! I remember in Louisiana growing up; that was years and years ago you can have a shotgun or rifle in the vehicle. A pocket knife then was nothing to worry about.

It is a different world we live in today!
Things have changed, I graduated in 1964, Florida. One of the requirements in Speech Class was to give an instructional demonstration; mine was the breaking down and cleaning of a shotgun and I brought the prop.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #18

Well he told me he got pulled over a while back and the cop was asking about his felony charge (apparently it came up on NCIC on DL), but he has a letter from the parish DA (on official letterhead) stating his PTI is complete and charges were dismissed. So I am really confused.
Guess we'll find out when he attempts to purchase.

Last edited by lamuskrat; 03-28-2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: additional info

Old 03-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #19

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Why would you even do that?? In my opinion, you're just asking for trouble to so overtly bring loaded weapons on school grounds for any reason.

I do agree, however, that it's retarded to get busted for carrying a pen-knife unless of course the blade was of an excessive length or was of the automatic or assisted open type.
second amendment man.....country boys all had guns in their trucks

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:27 AM   #20
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I am not a Lawyer...But I play one on the Internet and I did stay at a Holiday Inn. J/K but you may need to hire one.