Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1459 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
uh, Chainfire, it wasn't BATF, it was Homeland Security! so BATF wasn't doing their job, if they were in fact illegal firearms.

and the man was a licensed gun dealer! and has been for many years. so now he's a threat to the nearby school?
The story said "Federal Agents, led by Homeland Security", I betcha there was some of all of the alphabet organizations there, but I accept your point, and I stand corrected.

The other reference about him being a FFL was to the effect that some of his neighbors "thought" he was a licensed gun dealer. Another neighbor might have thought he was a killer clown from outter space. The man may have had a FFL-01, if so, he still would not be a legal importer. If he had an FFL-03he still could not be in the business of buying and selling firearms.

My point is, that neither of these two news stories have enough facts to either defend or condemn the person of interest. It seems that ANY story that has the word "Gun" in it has automatically become some government conspiricy. I am waiting for someone to call the Alabama kidnapper an American hero, because he used a gun in defense of what he believed in, and now all of the evil law enforcement officers are out to get him.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Thre is nothing in the stories to indicate what kind of violations the Feds were interested in. If he was involved in the illegal importation of guns, collectable or not, from Canada, or anywhere else, he is in big trouble. Many Chinese and Soviet imports are cheap in Canada, but quite pricey here. It would not be hard for an idiot to try to cut corners to make a quick buck.

It sounds like the BATF was doing their jobs, until something indicates otherwise.

As far a "locking down" a nearby school, when you are putting a SWAT type team into action nearby, that sounds like good judgement to me.

But, I do know that it is much more fun if it is a big evil government moving in on a innocent collector, so carry on.
There you go defending the Government and condeming the citizens again.

IIRC, you have a large number of C&Rs. Correct? How would you feel if the feds just decided to raid your home and take them? So far, they don't have any proof that the collecter was involved in any illegal activity. From what I have seen, all of the guns are legal. The Governemnt is oversteping it's boundaries and violating at the very least the 2nd amendment by doing this.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
The story said "Federal Agents, led by Homeland Security", I betcha there was some of all of the alphabet organizations there, but I accept your point, and I stand corrected.

The other reference about him being a FFL was to the effect that some of his neighbors "thought" he was a licensed gun dealer. Another neighbor might have thought he was a killer clown from outter space. The man may have had a FFL-01, if so, he still would not be a legal importer. If he had an FFL-03he still could not be in the business of buying and selling firearms.

My point is, that neither of these two news stories have enough facts to either defend or condemn the person of interest. It seems that ANY story that has the word "Gun" in it has automatically become some government conspiricy. I am waiting for someone to call the Alabama kidnapper an American hero, because he used a gun in defense of what he believed in, and now all of the evil law enforcement officers are out to get him.
and i will play Devil's Advocate here, if he was selling illegal firearms or breaking the law, then i fully expect them to prosecute him to the full extent of the law. now according to the news report they had been watching him for years, has a 50 page search warrant, and they seized almost 1500 firearms, but he was not arrested? something sounds awful fishy to me on that.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
not if it's a stick of dynamite
How can a stick of dynamite suckle? Unless you mean...Ewwwww!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #25

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Thre is nothing in the stories to indicate what kind of violations the Feds were interested in.
taken from story in the first link:
Quote:
Federal investigators confirm that. However, they're also investigating him for possible gun smuggling, tax evasion and violating importation laws.
better to be more credulous than skeptical like your signature quote says...... oh what that is not what is says....maybe you didn't read that either before you put in your sig

Quote:
As far a "locking down" a nearby school, when you are putting a SWAT type team into action nearby, that sounds like good judgement to me.
would that be because the SWAT team isn't capable of maintaining their own perimeter they set up before the raid to eliminate one or more "squirters"-
lock down the school but leave all the neighbors at risk of a hostage situation at the same time

pardon us all...not for condemning or defending anyone necessarily, but perhaps for being too skeptical of the whole story, that being what was reported in the links for us to read.

instead of waiting here for something that will never happen, that being the forum members here glorifying a criminal, maybe you can answer the question in another thread that everyone else has been waiting for you to do.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #26

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

I thought one with a C&R 03 FFL could sale/trade firearms bought, using his/her 03FFL just as long as you are using the ''profits'' to better your collection??

If this is true^^^....I would say this person/s with 1500 firearms was just getting his $30.00 bucks worth

Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5735 Times on 3245 Posts
Likes Given: 5167

Quote:
Thre is nothing in the stories to indicate what kind of violations the Feds were interested in. If he was involved in the illegal importation of guns, collectable or not, from Canada, or anywhere else, he is in big trouble. Many Chinese and Soviet imports are cheap in Canada, but quite pricey here. It would not be hard for an idiot to try to cut corners to make a quick buck.

It sounds like the BATF was doing their jobs, until something indicates otherwise.

But, I do know that it is much more fun if it is a big evil government moving in on a innocent collector, so carry on.
Chain, if it had been a legitimate law enforcement agency, .i.e. local or state, I would agree with you.

But when it's federal jackbooted fascist thugs, they are guilty until proven innocent in my value system.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #28
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Chain, if it had been a legitimate law enforcement agency, .i.e. local or state, I would agree with you.

But when it's federal jackbooted fascist thugs, they are guilty until proven innocent in my value system.
Nothing has been charged to him, just like the deming case in 2011; except, he has been jailed or detained. Those folks in deming have been detained for 18 months now and all property was taken.

More coments on 31 Jan link

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/feds-seized-nearly-1500-guns-in-raid

Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Evidently, when the gov't sends weapons out of the country= Fast & Furious,
when the guns come back it's=Slow & Happy?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #30

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl1412 View Post
Evidently, when the gov't sends weapons out of the country= Fast & Furious,
when the guns come back it's=Slow & Happy?
Dude, that is the BEST avatar I have seen in some time!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun