Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's more conditioning for events to come. I expect "unintended consequences" at some point in the not so distant future.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #12

Liked 741 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The Feds complained that some of the guns have no serial number. Prior to 1968 guns were not required to have a serial number.
From what I read it wasnt even that, it was most of the guns didnt have import markings, thats why their trying to get him for "gun smuggling"... A vast majority of old guns dont have import markings..

Damn, I guess my Arisakas are evil.... Their battlefield pickups with no importer stamps... Crap they they still have the "Mums", Does that mean it still belongs to the Emperor?? Can they charge me with receiving stolen property???
orangello Likes This 
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #13

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 232

yeah, some how in some ignorant way, most people wont get that it was 1500 guns, off the street, not causing any harm to anyone..... no media outlet will dare mention it that way.... too logical.

the fact that the school nearby went into lock down is ridiculous....

hurry, panic!!! lets all be scared over nothing....over possessions in a basement that have never been used in a harmful manner and no signs that they were going to be....
and the BATFE showing everyone they dont even know thoroughly the very laws they were created to enforce- pretty pathetic.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2140 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 3246

Yep, Janet Reno's little suckling, Eric Holder, is hard at work kissing Obummers butt. Got to get those curio and relic guns off the street. Meanwhile the BATFE idiot who sold a gun to a scumbag who peddled it in Mexico gets a pass. That gun was found at the murder scene of a female singer.

i wanna puke.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
The Feds complained that some of the guns have no serial number. Prior to 1968 guns were not required to have a serial number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
More new in the media is all it comes down to , so what the man had 1500 guns, why should that matter ? There is nothing wrong with what he does or what he collects . Nothing states how many guns a person can own , Serial numbers who cares previous to 68 they didnt even need them .
More crap for the public to see as another bad person with all these bad guns . Whats next ?
JD, exactly true, that many guns didn't have to have them, but many still did.

now if they did have a SN and they were removed, even if they were made prior to 1968, then that's illegal. not saying this what happened, just thought it was worth mentioning.

IMO, something is not quite right here. what now having over a certain amount makes you a danger?

Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #16

Liked 1487 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Thre is nothing in the stories to indicate what kind of violations the Feds were interested in. If he was involved in the illegal importation of guns, collectable or not, from Canada, or anywhere else, he is in big trouble. Many Chinese and Soviet imports are cheap in Canada, but quite pricey here. It would not be hard for an idiot to try to cut corners to make a quick buck.

It sounds like the BATF was doing their jobs, until something indicates otherwise.

As far a "locking down" a nearby school, when you are putting a SWAT type team into action nearby, that sounds like good judgement to me.

But, I do know that it is much more fun if it is a big evil government moving in on a innocent collector, so carry on.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Thre is nothing in the stories to indicate what kind of violations the Feds were interested in. If he was involved in the illegal importation of guns, collectable or not, from Canada, or anywhere else, he is in big trouble. Many Chinese and Soviet imports are cheap in Canada, but quite pricey here. It would not be hard for an idiot to try to cut corners to make a quick buck.

It sounds like the BATF was doing their jobs, until something indicates otherwise.

As far a "locking down" a nearby school, when you are putting a SWAT type team into action nearby, that sounds like good judgement to me.

But, I do know that it is much more fun if it is a big evil government moving in on a innocent collector, so carry on.
uh, Chainfire, it wasn't BATF, it was Homeland Security! so BATF wasn't doing their job, if they were in fact illegal firearms.

and the man was a licensed gun dealer! and has been for many years. so now he's a threat to the nearby school?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, Janet Reno's little suckling, Eric Holder,...

i wanna puke.
The thought of that woman suckling something makes me wanna puke too.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #19

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
The thought of that woman suckling something makes me wanna puke too.
not if it's a stick of dynamite

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 974 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Just more swirling sounds, as we circle the drain

Last edited by AR10; 02-01-2013 at 08:45 PM.
People Like This