Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Federal Officials Raid Manhattan Stores for Selling Kinder Eggs!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
The government has made it ILLEGAL to sell a piece of candy with a toy in it that may be a choking hazard? Holy hell.

I don't know how I can manage to make it home from work, make dinner and get to bed without some legislation to guide me...
It's all thanks to those government regulations. How would i drive without a seatbelt now. It's a good thing i know there is a LEO out there watching so i won't be dumb enough to DUI. It's a good thing cigarettes are $5 a pack now, so i won't smoke myself to death. Makes you feel like somebody's pet, doesn't it.

This is reversing potential evolution/adaptation; we will end up dumber and clumsier and with more weaknesses for it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 04-26-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #22

I knew they were illegal, but I could not help but laugh at the headline.

Federal Officials raiding an establishment over a chocolate egg? Sounds like a bad joke to me. Nonetheless, I agree that it should be the parental responsibility to prevent your child from choking on an egg that you know has something inside of it.

The fact that so few fatalities WORLDWIDE have occurred due to the "hidden" item inside the egg shows how ridiculous the ban really is.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just puked a little in my mouth....

Old 04-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #24

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I don't condone this, but I do understand it. I think a couple federal raids are worth one child not suffocating on what he thought was just a piece of candy. How would you feel if your son or daughter was the one who accidentally let a piece of plastic choke them? Is it worth a piece of candy being legal?

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 04-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
I don't condone this, but I do understand it. I think a couple federal raids are worth one child not suffocating on what he thought was just a piece of candy. How would you feel if your son or daughter was the one who accidentally let a piece of plastic choke them? Is it worth a piece of candy being legal?
What?!?!

Knowing now what the hell these things are, WHY would you leave a child small enough to choke on them, ALONE with them??

Ploofy I wonder about you sometimes when I read your posts. A couple of Federal raids are worth one child's life??

Okay. Let's start the list.

Raid & shut down every in-country production facility that assembles or manufacturers any type of automobile product. Vehicles kill WAY more each year than any firearm ever has.....

Next raid and shut down every in-country facility that assembles, produces or manufacturers anything to do with:
  • the pharmaceutical industry,
  • the tobacco industry,
  • the firearms industry,
  • the plastic dry cleaning bag industry, dry cleaners too while we are at it,
  • the electrical industry, in fact shut down the national power grid because people get electrocuted all the time....
The list goes on and on and on...

Where, EXACTLY, do we draw the line??

Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #26
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1807 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 3682

Quote:
It is the parents that have to enforce it, not this nanny state. This candy has been in Europe since the early seventies. Parents need to teach their kids not put things in their mouths! This candy has been in Asia, Canada, Mexico; basically across the glode; but, nanny state/government intervention in the United States prevents us from having it, since 2006.

The Feds got better things to do than raiding candy stores, secure the southern border is one of them!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #27

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I think we should all be put on rubber padded rooms for our own good and protection. We could just be fed through a hole in the wall, soft things that we would have a hard time chocking on. Ban everything in the world because it has some impact on our health some how.

P.S. we need to ban the shot for chicken Pox because there is a child mortality rate for taking the shot and none for children who do not take it. No one has died from the chicken pox, but children have died from taking the shot and if it saves one child it is worth it.

Last edited by opaww; 04-27-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #28

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The buzzards in California are choking on lead slugs. The ducks die fom chowing down on lead shot. They had to take the prizes out of Cracker Jacks. It seems Little Americans have been dumbed down to the level of buzzards and ducks. They do not know pop corn from tin whistles.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:49 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Ok, how would I feel if my child choked on something because of MY neglect? Undoubtedly, I would feel as terrible as anyone EVER could!!

The fact of the matter is that it is NOT the job or responsibility of the federal government to tell me what I am allowed to eat drink, smoke, rub on my arse, or whatever, as long as I am not violating someone elses RIGHTS, it is MY business, and MY responsibility, period. Not to mention the little thing called UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! It isn't about candy, it is about Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness!!

Ploofy, I would suggest you spend some time and actually read and re-read, until you understand, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Here is a link to a great site that covers a lot of history of the framers and events leading up to the document that created the greatest country in history!!

Charters of Freedom - The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Bill of Rights

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-27-2011, 06:14 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The Most High, Benevolent Government must help out Obama supporters like this:

head-up-ass.jpg  
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams