Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Federal Officials Raid Manhattan Stores for Selling Kinder Eggs!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 05:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AusLach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coffs Harbour,New South Wales
Posts: 1,567
Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

What a tragedy


Kinder Surprises have THE BEST chocolate!

__________________
AusLach is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pandamonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,601
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I agree. It's nuts.

But think about it. So many parents out there are dumb as a bag of hammers (and that's being unfair to hammers) and they'd leave their infant with one of these things then sue the bejesus out of the store that sold them and the company that makes them after their kid chokes to death.

Nanny-stateism is extremely bad. Stupid, thoughtless, neglectful parents are also bad.
I do think about it, and here's what I think. First off. Personal accountability. No lawsuit should be allowed if a parent is negligent and a child is injured or dies. The ONLY person(s) who are responsible is/are the parent or guardian. The parent or guardian should be charged with neglect/endangerment/manslaughter etc. We do not need the government to tell us if something is dangerous, if a product is dangerous, well, we have a really great information network system with the internet and the media. If a product poses a genuine hazard, the the company making the product wont be selling very many and the product will disappear from the shelves. The only requirement I would like to see, if an item is proven of poor/dangerous design, the "company" would be required to purchase back from the consumer at full price paid and cover any shipping costs. This in itself would be incentive to properly test their products for safety. The only thing these nanny laws do is to make people, or should I say sheeple, more dependent on the government for everything in their lives. Which is what many IN the government want, dependency.
__________________
GUN CONTROL, I GOT THAT

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson
pandamonium is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kleinmond,Western Cape South Africa
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
.......... The only thing these nanny laws do is to make people, or should I say sheeple, more dependent on the government for everything in their lives. Which is what many IN the government want, dependency.
I disagree the purpose of these laws is to proof to you that government is conditioning you to a new world where the state approves what is good for you and by disobeying it you have committed a punishable offense.

These funnies they get away with and slowly the public will be happy since big brother takes responsibility for all actions. Gun control, Birth control, Food control, Manufacture control... the list is endless until all citizens are state controlled.
__________________
Theunsb is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

First they came for your God, but I did not have one so it did not bother me.

Then they came for your guns, but I did not own any so it did not matter to me.

Then they came for my money and I had plenty until they took it all.

Then they came for my candy and that pissed me right the "F" off.

__________________
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Am I the only one that to look up what a Kinder Egg is??

JD

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
General_lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lumpkin,Georgia
Posts: 1,268
Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Am I the only one that to look up what a Kinder Egg is??

JD
I had never heard of them either
__________________
General_lee is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jeepcreep927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Newport,Vermont
Posts: 1,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
First they came for your God, but I did not have one so it did not bother me.

Then they came for your guns, but I did not own any so it did not matter to me.

Then they came for my money and I had plenty until they took it all.

Then they came for my candy and that pissed me right the "F" off.
You are on one hell of a roll this week!
__________________

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

jeepcreep927 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #18
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I do think about it, and here's what I think. First off. Personal accountability. No lawsuit should be allowed if a parent is negligent and a child is injured or dies. The ONLY person(s) who are responsible is/are the parent or guardian. The parent or guardian should be charged with neglect/endangerment/manslaughter etc. We do not need the government to tell us if something is dangerous, if a product is dangerous, well, we have a really great information network system with the internet and the media. If a product poses a genuine hazard, the the company making the product wont be selling very many and the product will disappear from the shelves. The only requirement I would like to see, if an item is proven of poor/dangerous design, the "company" would be required to purchase back from the consumer at full price paid and cover any shipping costs. This in itself would be incentive to properly test their products for safety. The only thing these nanny laws do is to make people, or should I say sheeple, more dependent on the government for everything in their lives. Which is what many IN the government want, dependency.
I agree 100%. The trouble is, that isn't how our litigious insane legal system works these days.
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,216
Liked 1806 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 3682

Default

Chocolate overdose:

__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas city burbs,KS
Posts: 27
Default

any kid that choke on these toys and die.. really has some crappy parents..

__________________
smokinbunta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Food Stores to keep at home Thelt Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 9 06-05-2010 02:55 AM
New Beretta. I need to STOP going to gun stores AcidFlashGordon Semi-Auto Handguns 14 09-22-2009 07:40 PM
Phoenix police raid home of blogger whose writing is highly critical of them crowbar Politics, Religion and Controversy 7 04-04-2009 11:12 AM
Another LEO Shooting of Unarmed Citizen in Drug Raid notdku Politics, Religion and Controversy 34 03-18-2009 05:57 PM