Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Federal Officials Raid Manhattan Stores for Selling Kinder Eggs!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 05:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

What a tragedy

Kinder Surprises have THE BEST chocolate!

Old 04-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I agree. It's nuts.

But think about it. So many parents out there are dumb as a bag of hammers (and that's being unfair to hammers) and they'd leave their infant with one of these things then sue the bejesus out of the store that sold them and the company that makes them after their kid chokes to death.

Nanny-stateism is extremely bad. Stupid, thoughtless, neglectful parents are also bad.
I do think about it, and here's what I think. First off. Personal accountability. No lawsuit should be allowed if a parent is negligent and a child is injured or dies. The ONLY person(s) who are responsible is/are the parent or guardian. The parent or guardian should be charged with neglect/endangerment/manslaughter etc. We do not need the government to tell us if something is dangerous, if a product is dangerous, well, we have a really great information network system with the internet and the media. If a product poses a genuine hazard, the the company making the product wont be selling very many and the product will disappear from the shelves. The only requirement I would like to see, if an item is proven of poor/dangerous design, the "company" would be required to purchase back from the consumer at full price paid and cover any shipping costs. This in itself would be incentive to properly test their products for safety. The only thing these nanny laws do is to make people, or should I say sheeple, more dependent on the government for everything in their lives. Which is what many IN the government want, dependency.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
.......... The only thing these nanny laws do is to make people, or should I say sheeple, more dependent on the government for everything in their lives. Which is what many IN the government want, dependency.
I disagree the purpose of these laws is to proof to you that government is conditioning you to a new world where the state approves what is good for you and by disobeying it you have committed a punishable offense.

These funnies they get away with and slowly the public will be happy since big brother takes responsibility for all actions. Gun control, Birth control, Food control, Manufacture control... the list is endless until all citizens are state controlled.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #14

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

First they came for your God, but I did not have one so it did not bother me.

Then they came for your guns, but I did not own any so it did not matter to me.

Then they came for my money and I had plenty until they took it all.

Then they came for my candy and that pissed me right the "F" off.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Am I the only one that to look up what a Kinder Egg is??

JD

Old 04-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Am I the only one that to look up what a Kinder Egg is??

JD
I had never heard of them either

Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
First they came for your God, but I did not have one so it did not bother me.

Then they came for your guns, but I did not own any so it did not matter to me.

Then they came for my money and I had plenty until they took it all.

Then they came for my candy and that pissed me right the "F" off.
You are on one hell of a roll this week!

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #18
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I do think about it, and here's what I think. First off. Personal accountability. No lawsuit should be allowed if a parent is negligent and a child is injured or dies. The ONLY person(s) who are responsible is/are the parent or guardian. The parent or guardian should be charged with neglect/endangerment/manslaughter etc. We do not need the government to tell us if something is dangerous, if a product is dangerous, well, we have a really great information network system with the internet and the media. If a product poses a genuine hazard, the the company making the product wont be selling very many and the product will disappear from the shelves. The only requirement I would like to see, if an item is proven of poor/dangerous design, the "company" would be required to purchase back from the consumer at full price paid and cover any shipping costs. This in itself would be incentive to properly test their products for safety. The only thing these nanny laws do is to make people, or should I say sheeple, more dependent on the government for everything in their lives. Which is what many IN the government want, dependency.
I agree 100%. The trouble is, that isn't how our litigious insane legal system works these days.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1806 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 3682

Chocolate overdose:

Old 04-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #20

any kid that choke on these toys and die.. really has some crappy parents..