Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Federal Officials Raid Manhattan Stores for Selling Kinder Eggs! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/federal-officials-raid-manhattan-stores-selling-kinder-eggs-41747/)

Bigcountry02 04-25-2011 10:13 PM

Federal Officials Raid Manhattan Stores for Selling Kinder Eggs!

OMG! This nanny state is going off the deep end! Europe has had the Kinder Eggs for decades, from wikipedia Kinder Surprise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia this has been around since 1974. The chocolate is very tasty! This action is just over doing it!

Another agency to be defunded: CPSC

Federal Officials Raid Manhattan Stores Selling Kinder Eggs - DNAinfo.com

CPSC Warns of Banned "Kinder Chocolate Eggs" Containing Toys Which Can Pose Choking, Aspiration Hazards to Young Children

jeepcreep927 04-25-2011 10:25 PM

The government has made it ILLEGAL to sell a piece of candy with a toy in it that may be a choking hazard? Holy hell.

I don't know how I can manage to make it home from work, make dinner and get to bed without some legislation to guide me...

CA357 04-25-2011 10:26 PM

More nanny state insanity. :mad:

We are surrounded by an overarching federal control that has reached science fiction like proportions.

Bigcountry02 04-25-2011 10:34 PM

It seems we are in George Orwell 1984!

I have my tinfoil hat, scarf and the shirt next to me :rolleyes:!

CA357 04-25-2011 10:38 PM

I have a 1911 next to me. ;)

dog2000tj 04-25-2011 10:40 PM

I doubt there isn't a damn thing out there that a kid couldn't find some way to choke on it. :( I feel for the folks that endure such tragedies, I really do. But this shit has got to stop! :mad: People need to be self reliant and responsible for themsleves and there loved ones, no amount of Nanny State bulshit is going to prevent every and all accidents! :mad: :(

bkt 04-25-2011 10:50 PM

I agree. It's nuts.

But think about it. So many parents out there are dumb as a bag of hammers (and that's being unfair to hammers) and they'd leave their infant with one of these things then sue the bejesus out of the store that sold them and the company that makes them after their kid chokes to death.

Nanny-stateism is extremely bad. Stupid, thoughtless, neglectful parents are also bad.

General_lee 04-25-2011 10:50 PM

Wow...just....wow..:rolleyes:
Ya know, if this nanny state crap keeps on going, our kids and grandkids will wonder how the older generations were able to survive into adulthood, having access to dangerous things such as chocolate egg toys and cereal box prizes:eek:

Vikingdad 04-26-2011 04:40 AM

Damn near choked to death when I read this as I was swallowing at the time. The paramedics have gone home now and I should be fine if the doctor says so tomorrow.

In the mean time I think we ought to outlaw the internet because it can cause people like me to choke (or perhaps have a heart attack!) when they read this stupid crap that politicians think we want.

Go and run with scissors! Swim immediately after eating! Run up to strange dogs and try to get them to lick your face! Kiss your mother-in-law and use your tongue! Tell your father-in-law he has a pretty face! Stick a bean up your nose! Grab a snake! Poke a wasp nest!

Pretty soon all of these will be illegal. Yet, at the same time, it will still be legal to do one of the most dangerous things known to man. Live. Life is dangerous. Get over it. If it is too dangerous for you perhaps you should make your life less dangerous. For me though, it is just dangerous enough to make it exciting, and I don't need any damned politician to tell me what not to do for my own safety. Damn worthless politicians have never lived what I would call a life anyhow.

dunerunner 04-26-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 493198)
I agree. It's nuts.

Exactly!! Walnuts, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Brazil nuts, Pecans, all have something inside a kid can choke on!

Ban them.....Ban them all!!! :D