Federal judge won't temporarily halt rifle sale rules
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Federal judge won't temporarily halt rifle sale rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4305

Default Federal judge won't temporarily halt rifle sale rules

Pulled from the news.

"had not sufficiently shown they would suffer irreparable harm without a preliminary injunction. She scheduled an October hearing on a permanent injunction."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #2

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

With the amount of liberal anti-gun judges I would expect this.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #3

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Absolutely, opaww. Good post, Bigcountry02. This gives me nightmares.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
Absolutely, opaww. Good post, Bigcountry02. This gives me nightmares.
There is little we can do other than vote this administration out and hope the next will replace some of them anti-gun judges. It is a nightmare but don't let it bother you.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #5

Liked 1652 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

I don't see the big deal here. You can still buy all of the semi-auto rifles you want. I can understand why the feds would like to know if someone is buying 20 AKs a week from 6 different dealers. And if you buy 20 AKs a week as a collector so be it, you get looked at.

It is not as if the feds don't know or can't figure out who of us is gun owners anyway. If you believe the forms you fill out to buy a rifle or handgun don't go into a database somewhere, I feel sorry for ya. If you are posting on these forums you are probably a gun owner, an owner wanna be or an agent. Guys, we are already on their lists. I have an FFL 03, I know I am on the lists.

Law enforcement is trying to stem the flood of guns to the drug gangs. Since I am not in a drug gang I am all for it, and I would prefer that the gangs have a little harder time arming themselves.

The NRA will certainly get their drawers in a wad over the issue, and we will all be getting a plea for more money in the mail. It is just the way it is. Send money, Obama is after our guns again. Hogwash.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 09-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #6

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Wow, a back door gun registry. We are in the process of eliminating it here in Canada. Good luck guys.

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2258 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 3528

The judge made the wrong ruling. Good news it's a temporary injunction. BTW: She was appointed by Bush II.

Rosemary Collyer - Judgepedia

Old 09-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #8

It is no ones business not even the governments as to how many and what kinds of guns I buy. If you think it is then you need to show me in black and white the Constitutional law saying so.

The gun dealers already reported multiple gun sales to the AFT and the AFT told them to let the gunrunners buy them and then the AFT let them walk accross the boarder.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:57 AM   #9

Liked 224 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 31

The irreperable harm the judge fails to see is to the rule of law, specifically that fact that ATFE does not apparently have the authority under law to demand this information. However harmless the actual act may seem to be, the door that is being forced open can lead to unspeakable acts under color of law, as seen in history. If ATFE and other federal agencies are NOT held to the strict standard of operating within the law they purport to enforce, then the law has no meaning and chaos can ensue.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
It is not as if the feds don't know or can't figure out who of us is gun owners anyway. If you believe the forms you fill out to buy a rifle or handgun don't go into a database somewhere, I feel sorry for ya.
I've always figured that that is the way the system works. Dealer call in the form and that information is going to be recorded somewhere. Isn't everything automated on the receiving end? I've never heard my dealer having anything like a conversation when they call in a gun purchase. Just the information in the boxes. Probably being digitally saved and then typed into a database.