Federal Judge Rules California's 10-Day Waiting Period Unconstitutional
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Federal Judge Rules California's 10-Day Waiting Period Unconstitutional

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3218 Times on 1616 Posts
Likes Given: 421

Default Federal Judge Rules California's 10-Day Waiting Period Unconstitutional

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2014/08/25/untitled-n1883089

Quote:
In the decision released this morning, Federal Eastern District of California Senior Judge Anthony W. Ishii, appointed to the bench by President Bill Clinton, found that “the 10-day waiting periods of Penal Code [sections 26815(a) and 27540(a)] violate the Second Amendment” as applied to members of certain classifications, like Silvester and Combs, and “burdens the Second Amendment rights of the Plaintiffs.”

“This is a great win for Second Amendment civil rights and common sense,” said Jeff Silvester, the named individual plaintiff. “I couldn't be happier with how this case turned out.”

Under the court order, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) must change its systems to accommodate the unobstructed release of guns to gun buyers who pass a background check and possess a California license to carry a handgun, or who hold a “Certificate of Eligibility” issued by the DOJ and already possess at least one firearm known to the state.
Whoda thunk it?

Oh, to be a fly on the wall wherever Feinstein and/or Bloomberg were when they were told...
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 08-25-2014 at 10:26 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3077 Times on 1497 Posts
Likes Given: 1545

Thumbs up

Overkill!

HURRAY FOR THE FEDERAL JUDGE!

And "WOW" In Commiefornia no less!

It is about time those in these critical positions start seeing the alternative motive of this Administartion and their puppets violating our Second Amendment and Constitutional Rights!

Good for Him!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-25-2014, 11:44 PM   #3

Liked 559 Times on 377 Posts

Jeff Sylvester.

I think you for your fight I feel like a little bit more of American finally and less of a bastard child lol

Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #4

Liked 559 Times on 377 Posts

Oh wait does this mean I can pick my gun up right now has been in jail for like 5 days already hmmmm

Old 08-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 238 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
Oh wait does this mean I can pick my gun up right now has been in jail for like 5 days already hmmmm
unbelievable. WHEN it goes into effect I will jump for joy.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2014/08/25/untitled-n1883089

Whoda thunk it?

Oh, to be a fly on the wall wherever Feinstein and/or Bloomberg were when they were told...
They are pieces of doo doo.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #7

Liked 1291 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 403

New waiting period process. Immediate release will be authorized to those who have already passed a background check in California. Just as soon as the FFL mails the gun to the California State Police barracks and they visually verify the serial number and mail the gun back to the FFL. It will now cost an additional $25 for processing and actual handling charges and the estimated completion time minus shipping will be 8 days.

/Maybe I should be politician, I've got great ideas!

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 08-26-2014, 02:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
New waiting period process. Immediate release will be authorized to those who have already passed a background check in California. Just as soon as the FFL mails the gun to the California State Police barracks and they visually verify the serial number and mail the gun back to the FFL. It will now cost an additional $25 for processing and actual handling charges and the estimated completion time minus shipping will be 8 days.

/Maybe I should be politician, I've got great ideas!
Yes indeed. I feel so much better now.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:56 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1310 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 751

Quote:
accommodate the unobstructed release of guns to gun buyers who pass a background check and possess a California license to carry a handgun, or who hold a “Certificate of Eligibility” issued by the DOJ and already possess at least one firearm known to the state.
Good news, but still not a total victory.

Pass Background Check.
AND have a CA Permit to carry.
AND already own at least one firearm.

OR Pass Background Check AND have a Certificate issued by the Dept of Justice.
AND own at least one firearm.

Those in CA that are first time buyers or have no permit or Certificate will just have to accept their Constitutional Rights will be Violated.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #10

Liked 2978 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2804

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Good news, but still not a total victory.

Pass Background Check.
AND have a CA Permit to carry.
AND already own at least one firearm.

OR Pass Background Check AND have a Certificate issued by the Dept of Justice.
AND own at least one firearm.

Those in CA that are first time buyers or have no permit or Certificate will just have to accept their Constitutional Rights will be Violated.
Requiring a permit or certificate is a violation of their constitutional rights. Those are infringements. You must pay for a permit or certificate, so in reality they are taxing your constitutional right. Basically they are denying you your right to firearms if you are to poor to pay the tax. It's good we have the dems to look out for the little man.