Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > federal conceal carry?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

18 year olds in MS can also carry pretty much however they darn well please on private property, so long as the property owner gives consent.

They can also carry in the act of transporting to or from a private property, example, if for some reason they had to park down the street from their friend's house, and they were going to do some target shooting, it's no problem for them to carry any firearm to or from, between their private vehicle and that private property.

Yeah, we have it pretty good down here. If anything, I kinda think some of our laws in this state might be a little too laid back. But I'll be damned if your ever gonna hear me complain.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 04:49 AM   #62
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,241
Liked 20938 Times on 11895 Posts
Likes Given: 52506

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Heck, c3 was in command of a company of soldiers before he was able to buy his own ammo!

But the state laws vary a bit, I'm sure Arkansas is probably pretty similar to Mississippi. Here, the only requirement on a private sale is "the seller cannot knowingly sell a handgun to a person who is less than 18 years of age or intoxicated"

Possession law, can't state it word for word, but it basically excludes felons and others with certain criminal records, but 18 year olds can buy and posses, and also take advantage of our extremely relaxed vehicle transport laws (may have a handgun, loaded or unloaded, concealed or open, anywhere in the vehicle at any time) but must be 21 to get a CCW permit.

But still, the party in question is full of crap.
i think the party in question feels he has been granted the authority to legally carry, because his father gave him the right to because the father is a federal corrections officer. by what the law is, he can then own one, but it doesn't allow him to carry on his person either open or concealed. right?
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #63
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,737
Liked 8062 Times on 4656 Posts
Likes Given: 10414

Default

Pathological liar. No doubt. He probably found out you know about guns and he is trying to impress you. Several years ago I worked with a guy like that. Always coming up with crazy BS to try and impress people. I think he once claimed to have a CCW permit (damned near impossible to get in our county in CA even today). One time he claimed that he was going to fly to New York for a Yankees/Cubs game. I asked him to get me a ball cap from Yankee Stadium as I had always wanted one for all of my life. He got back to work on Monday morning (after working on Saturday) and said he was exhausted from the flight and all. I asked if he got my ball cap from Yankee Stadium and he insisted he had it in his bags. I asked what the score of the game was and who won. He said he didn't remember. So I said "You flew all the way to New York City just for one baseball game at Yankee Stadium and you don't remember who won or what the final score was?" and he said yes. That's when I told him the Cubs won, and by the way, The game was played in Chicago, not New York. He just mumbled something about he must have been confused by all the excitement and wandered off. I never got my cap.

Your guy sounds dangerous. I would ask to see the permit or whatever, maybe even invite him to the range and ask to see his firearm. He may not even have one. Have you seen it? He has a very strong likelihood of self destructing in spectacular fashion. A visit to the campus police might be in good order. You should be able to do so without him finding out.

__________________
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Heck, c3 was in command of a company of soldiers before he was able to buy his own ammo!

But the state laws vary a bit, I'm sure Arkansas is probably pretty similar to Mississippi. Here, the only requirement on a private sale is "the seller cannot knowingly sell a handgun to a person who is less than 18 years of age or intoxicated"

Possession law, can't state it word for word, but it basically excludes felons and others with certain criminal records, but 18 year olds can buy and posses, and also take advantage of our extremely relaxed vehicle transport laws (may have a handgun, loaded or unloaded, concealed or open, anywhere in the vehicle at any time) but must be 21 to get a CCW permit.

But still, the party in question is full of crap.
I was able to carry concealed at age 20 in MO. But i was still technically in the Marines and also a sherrifs posse member. It wasnt a big deal though bc unless in the truck it wasnt concealed.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #65
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
linuxuser3890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jonesboro,Arkansas
Posts: 278
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Pathological liar. No doubt. He probably found out you know about guns and he is trying to impress you. Several years ago I worked with a guy like that. Always coming up with crazy BS to try and impress people. I think he once claimed to have a CCW permit (damned near impossible to get in our county in CA even today). One time he claimed that he was going to fly to New York for a Yankees/Cubs game. I asked him to get me a ball cap from Yankee Stadium as I had always wanted one for all of my life. He got back to work on Monday morning (after working on Saturday) and said he was exhausted from the flight and all. I asked if he got my ball cap from Yankee Stadium and he insisted he had it in his bags. I asked what the score of the game was and who won. He said he didn't remember. So I said "You flew all the way to New York City just for one baseball game at Yankee Stadium and you don't remember who won or what the final score was?" and he said yes. That's when I told him the Cubs won, and by the way, The game was played in Chicago, not New York. He just mumbled something about he must have been confused by all the excitement and wandered off. I never got my cap.

Your guy sounds dangerous. I would ask to see the permit or whatever, maybe even invite him to the range and ask to see his firearm. He may not even have one. Have you seen it? He has a very strong likelihood of self destructing in spectacular fashion. A visit to the campus police might be in good order. You should be able to do so without him finding out.
I think you may have a point ill ask him to go shooting and tell him ill get ammo since he can't buy it and see what he says to that.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk
__________________
linuxuser3890 is offline  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #66
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,737
Liked 8062 Times on 4656 Posts
Likes Given: 10414

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890 View Post
I think you may have a point ill ask him to go shooting and tell him ill get ammo since he can't buy it and see what he says to that.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk
I take that to mean that you haven't seen his gun? Has he told you what his carry gun is (make, model and caliber)?

If this guy is a pathological liar you need to be careful because he is lying about guns. The co-worker I spoke of earlier was lying about a baseball game when I confronted him (he did lie about guns at other times but was savvy enough to know that he couldn't BS me on that subject). If this guy is lying about guns he could very well do something very stupid to "prove up" on his lie. If you do get him to the range (and I doubt you will be able to) do not under any circumstances turn your back on him. Pay very close attention to his handling of any guns. Anybody with a permit such as he claims to have should handle their gun like it is a part of them.

Again, be careful around the guy. Generally pathological liars are pretty harmless, but sometimes not. If he doesn't produce anything you could truthfully tell the police that you overheard him say that he has a gun, but that he also claimed to have a permit to carry it on campus. Loose lips sink ships. It his his own loose lips that would be sinking his own ship. You can tell the police that you fear for your safety if he finds out that you said anything. Tell the truth though. Always the truth.
__________________
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
linuxuser3890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jonesboro,Arkansas
Posts: 278
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Until I started this thread I didn't pay attention to just how many classes we have together. Scary.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

__________________
linuxuser3890 is offline  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxuser3890
Until I started this thread I didn't pay attention to just how many classes we have together. Scary.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk
If i were you man id keep my back to a wall. If you have that many classes w him id be really worried about when and where hes gonna snap.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #69
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Confusion,Discombobulation
Posts: 127
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Not to mention this friend is what gives the ccw community a bad rep. He's obviously a liar and irresponsible and shouldn't be carrying anyway. And a federal corrections officer? That can carry anywhere? Not very likely. Correct me if I'm wrong but they don't have much authority
I'll correct that one.

All BOP personnel do have powers of arrest for violation of certain federal statues.

They are authorized to carry off duty under LEOSA, commonly referred to as HR 218, IIRC. It is for the BOP employee ONLY, not family friends, cousins, girlfriends, or your Grandma. With that said I think your classmate is blowing smoke up your anal orifice.
__________________

Last edited by BikerRN; 02-03-2012 at 07:37 PM.
BikerRN is offline  
 
Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #70
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
linuxuser3890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jonesboro,Arkansas
Posts: 278
Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerRN

I'll correct that one.

All BOP personnel do have powers of arrest for violation of certain federal statues.

They are authorized to carry off duty under LEOSA, commonly referred to as HR 218, IIRC. It is for the BOP employee ONLY, not family friends, cousins, girlfriends, or your Grandma. With that said I think your classmate is blowing smoke up your anal orifice.
Naw I'm not going to let anyone that close to my anal orifice

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk
__________________
linuxuser3890 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
glock 22 conceal carry 504fireMan Glock Forum 15 05-29-2013 09:41 PM
Conceal carry for Illinois? winds-of-change Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 36 11-19-2011 04:41 AM
Conceal Carry Holster? rccalzadilla Revolver Handguns 3 10-26-2011 11:27 PM
WI conceal carry JonM Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 20 09-15-2011 02:02 AM
conceal carry class yankeesfan Training & Safety 9 03-07-2010 02:08 PM



Newest Threads