fed up. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > fed up.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6

If our 4 fathers were alive today they would...jail all these people wanting to take away America's right to self protection.
If our founding fathers were here today, they would be labeled terroist by dept of homeland security and disapeared under ndaa. It is exactly those people all these "laws" are meant for.

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

If our founding fathers were here today, they would be labeled terroist by dept of homeland security and disapeared under ndaa. It is exactly those people all these "laws" are meant for.
Downsouth, I beat you to the punch on this one by 4 minutes.
What's the saying, like minds work the same,lol.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207

Downsouth, I beat you to the punch on this one by 4 minutes.
What's the saying, like minds work the same,lol.
As long as it gets out there. I hope people start waking up in greater numbers. When they do wake up, take stock of themselves and figure out where to stand.

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Downsouth and Tellmaster, it depends on which side wins whether you'rs a traitor or patriot! if England had won the American Revollution, then our framers of the Constitution and it's supporters would have been hung as traitors. but i agree with both of you.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
Downsouth and Tellmaster, it depends on which side wins whether you'rs a traitor or patriot! if England had won the American Revollution, then our framers of the Constitution and it's supporters would have been hung as traitors. but i agree with both of you.
So true! The victor also writes the history.

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Our forefathers are probably rolling over in their graves.

The Federal Government was never supposed to have this much power, and now you see why. The Founding Fathers knew athat the Federal Government could not be trusted. That is why they were supposed to only have a little power, and why we were given the right to bear arms.
Thomas Jefferson specifically was a huge anti big federal government and pro large state government kinda guy. The 4fathers ways intended our states to hold most of the power and the federal was supposed to ONLY provide for the overall safety of the states. That way, if one state had policies in place you didn't agree with, you could simply move states to get with like minded individuals and you stayed a US citizen. While there is still evidence of this, take Texas vs Commiefornia, the fact is the federal government was never supposed to be in charge of things like car companies, healthcare, or retirements.

Big federal government needs to take a back seat. They have their noses in business that isn't theirs, are telling me what I can and cannot do when it doesn't concern them, and their interests are aligned with whoever is slipping the most money in their pockets.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #17

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Absolutely right. The government was not intended to be this strong but we the people have allowed them to get that way. We the people r supposed to over throw the government in the event that they became to powerful but let's be real the government is very scary and I don't have more guns then they do. Lol.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #18

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

It also doesn't help that Obama is president. That man alone is bad news and the worst thing that could have happened to our country. Is rather have Clinton back them Obama.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #19

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamzow View Post
It also doesn't help that Obama is president. That man alone is bad news and the worst thing that could have happened to our country. Is rather have Clinton back them Obama.
Others have thought the same but Clinton was just paving the way for obama. I have to disagree with you on something. obama isn't the worst, I'm afraid we're following a trend that will keep getting worse as time passes. Just like you like Clinton over obama, you may like obama over another one that comes along. We're going the exact wrong direction in this nation and we need to alter course. Getting obama out of office will be a great 1st step but do we really think Romney will cut the size of government.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2943 Times on 1533 Posts
Likes Given: 262

Many folks are calling Uncle O a gun grabbing president. What has he done (or attempted) to weaken our gun rights? If anything, we are slightly better off with right to carry in National Parks.

So many are convinced he will do XYZ when and if elected to a second term. I really have seen no solid evidence of such a move. It is pretty much conjecture as of now.

Before y'all start accusing me of being an Oblama mouthpiece, I too am apprehensive about him. It is just a feeling though.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball