FBI, EPA & Local Police raids USA Brass in Bozeman - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > FBI, EPA & Local Police raids USA Brass in Bozeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 02:39 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

It is really hard to say if USA brass failed to protect their workers. Some tests for toxins are very sensitive. Lead has been considered toxic for quite a while. It wouldn't surprise me if crimping a split shot with your teeth would cause a positive result for lead poisoning.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:58 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
It is really hard to say if USA brass failed to protect their workers. Some tests for toxins are very sensitive. Lead has been considered toxic for quite a while. It wouldn't surprise me if crimping a split shot with your teeth would cause a positive result for lead poisoning.
Not to mention the fact that the lead exposure might not have been from the workplace at all.
People Like This 
Old 04-17-2014, 03:09 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1374 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Not to mention the fact that the lead exposure might not have been from the workplace at all.
You frequent these forums and you find a lot of shooters and handloaders with high lead counts.

Anyone think to check and see if these "Worker" with high lead content we handloaders-competitive shooters-or lived in a house built before 1979?

I highly doubt it!
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 04-17-2014, 03:31 AM   #34

Liked 123 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Feds raid USA Braass

Lead is everywhere in the ground. A friend in high school lived on some acreage where there was a filled in Civil War lead mine. Some silver mixed with it. the Indians mined it and silver, to the east of us, in a large area.
Some lead will always show up in people's blood because it is everywhere.
Lead is a basic element necessary in the manufacture of many many items.
The EPA forced the last primary Lead Smelter, Doe Run, in Missouri, out of business. It had been in business since 1896. there is no primary lead smelter anywhere in the US leaving us subject to China etc.
The aim of this Administration/EPA was to deprive, in some measure, access to lead for bullets and also for the political agenda of the greenies. Like Carbon Dioxide they can't scrub it from the earth.
There's some quartz here with traces of silver and lead. May have to extract some.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2457 Times on 1350 Posts
Likes Given: 3909

US Brass failed to put in place a comprehensive plan to ensure workers safety. 21 workers of US Brass came down with lead poisoning. What are the chances all 21 of those workers got lead poisoning from some other source. Yep, the county health department reported those lead poisoning cases to OSHA:

OSHA enforces federal workplace safety and health standards for companies that employ more than about ten workers. OSHA inspected the place, found severe deficiencies and proposed a $45,000 fine. Looks like US Brass cleaned up their act.

Then the EPA stepped in. The EPA is not into workplace safety. The EPA is into environmental pollution, etc. Two separate federal agencies with two distinct functions: Yes, they do talk to each other.

BTW: i've reloaded ammo and cast lead bullets since the early 1950s. Unless i'm out of the country i load 10,000 to 20,000 rounds of small arms ammo every year. Never came down with lead poisoning. Both my lead poisoning episodes came from burning very large quantities of small arms ammunition and cleaning out the burn furnaces/pits without proper protection-my fault: Lead dust.

Last edited by alsaqr; 04-17-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3275 Times on 1694 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Two separate federal agencies with two distinct functions: Yes, they do talk to each other.

[/QUOTE]

It always amazes me that agencies like this can freely communicate, but the intelligence agancies keep everything a big secret. If the NSA/FBI/CIA/etc had shared information, 9-11 would not have happened
alsaqr Likes This 
Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #37

Liked 1357 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Two separate federal agencies with two distinct functions: Yes, they do talk to each other.
It always amazes me that agencies like this can freely communicate, but the intelligence agancies keep everything a big secret. If the NSA/FBI/CIA/etc had shared information, 9-11 would not have happened[/QUOTE]

They compete against each other for a part of the overall intel budget. Sadly sharing can cost them funding, supposedly thats changed in the last few years but who knows the reality of the situation.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #38
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I think we all remember when the DHS was formed the stated intention was that it would serve to coordinate between all of the existing (arguably redundant) agencies already in existence.

Critics (including me) saw that it would turn into yet another secretive and oppressive bureaucracy. And it has.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:15 AM   #39

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Since some agency invented child-proof caps for pill bottles, more children have been poisoned with prescription drugs. Just sayin'....

I think most of us don't understand why we need new regulations that require another 6 rolls of toilet paper twice a year. When those same agencies can also enforce compliance with all their "good ideas" by force of arms, isn't there a point where we really live in a prison? Seems to me we're just about there. Does it make it better if the warden has good intentions?
People Like This