Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Fatal shooting in Los Angeles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Fatal shooting in Los Angeles

I know this guy that did the shooting. Steve and I work for the same company at different locations. We've had quite a few meetings together. I can't believe this. He always seemed like an arrogant d1ck to me, but to do this. Guns and alcohol don't mix folks.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................

Beloved Design Center professor slain in Westlake Village

Beloved Design Center professor slain in Westlake Village - LA Daily News

Daily News Wire Services
Updated: 03/22/2010 02:00:33 PM PDT

WESTLAKE VILLAGE — A man killed at a Persian New Year's party was the unintended victim of another partygoer's anger, an official said today.
Norman Schureman, 50, a design teacher at Pasadena's Art Center College of Design, was shot to death about 11:15 p.m. Saturday in the 31000 block of Kentfield Court. He was also an alumnus, according to the school's Web site.

Schureman was at the party along with the suspect, 46-year-old Steven Honma.

"It's not clear they even knew each other," sheriff's homicide Lt. Liam Gallagher said.

According to Gallagher, Honma's wife told deputies she and her husband were at home after the party, when her husband told her that someone had insulted her, and he said he was going back.

"He had two guns and some ammunition magazines for the guns, and both guns belonged to him," Gallagher said. When he returned to the party "he was just hanging around, acting strange" and intoxicated and began waving a pocket knife, Gallagher said.

Other partygoers asked him to leave, and a fight broke out. During that struggle he pulled a handgun and fired it, killing Schureman, Gallagher said.

"Norman was a beloved instructor, colleague, mentor and friend of hundreds of Art Center students, faculty, staff and alumni...For over 20 years, Norm devoted himself tirelessly to the College, instilling in his students a passion for design, a love for drawing and an eye for excellence," wrote Lorne Buchman, president of the college.

Schureman was married and had children. His father, Bob, also taught at the school.
Buchman said the younger Schureman was a fixture on campus, tagging along with his father, years before he became an instructor.

"Both Norm and Bob have inspired hundreds of design students over the years," she said.

Buchman said the school may arrange for a memorial service to honor Schureman's memory and was offering grief counseling to students, faculty and staff to help them deal with his slaying.

Honma remained behind bars today.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #2

Sounds like Steve needs to take a few anger management classes in a federal penitentiary.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 03-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I hate to see these types of reports. There is absolutely no reason this had to happen.

Now Jo is going to be entrenched even deeper behind enemey lines because the liberals and left-tards in his fair state are going to shine a big bright Hollyweird spotlight on this lone innocent.

Hopefully Steven gets what he has coming to him, which is a long time in the pen to enjoy when his cellmate gets "out of sorts".

JD

Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #4

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sorry to hear that, Jo. That's crazy.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

He did a lot of good for his wife there.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Whatever happened to just beating the crap out of somebody who insults your lady? sad.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Whatever happened to just beating the crap out of somebody who insults your lady? sad.
What I don't get is why he left the party and then went back WITH HIS GUNS. That's just insane. Plain insanity.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 03-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2688 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

I wonder if "Persian new year" has a clue in it somewhere? And the wrong guy gets capped? WTF???

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I’m still just in shock. I didn’t even hear about this on the news. My company sent an email offering counseling to anyone who wants it. And sending condolences to all involved.

I’ve read several reports; some conflicting. People are saying Steve was completely hammered on Tequila.

His poor wife. She’s been very sick recently and they are very close.

I’m at a loss right now.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Damn Jo - I am sorry to hear this hit so close. I was under the impression that you knew of him, but weren't close.

Perhaps some time with the counselor might help?