Extremely Accurate Statistics...Or Not - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Extremely Accurate Statistics...Or Not

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

Wow, they said my state allows open carry of long guns/shotguns in vehicles if there completely enclosed in a case or in the trunk, how can it be open carry if its in a case? Do these people hear/see what their saying/typing? They are idiots.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsplat View Post
Wow, they said my state allows open carry of long guns/shotguns in vehicles if there completely enclosed in a case or in the trunk, how can it be open carry if its in a case? Do these people hear/see what their saying/typing? They are idiots.
Part of their ongoing effort to prove that "you don't have to be smart to be in charge".

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 11-30-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Sonic82 Likes This 
Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #33
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

I am all confused.
The states that are known to be very gun friendly are the ones with the worst grade, and the ones with the better grade are the ones that are not gun friendly. The states that have the high death rates from firearms are states that no one hears about any gun violence from as compared to the "Blue States" on their map.

Are they living in Backwards Land or is it me?

Here are some other notable things:

Florida does not, however:

•Require a background check prior to the transfer of a firearm between private parties (although counties may impose such a requirement);May not be mandated, but common sense dictates that it is done.
•Require firearms dealers to obtain a state license; Other than a Business License, why would they. They already have a Federal License.
•License firearm owners; If we want to carry consealed, we are licensed.
•Require the registration of firearms; This is against the Law. Why would the state want to do that?
•Regulate assault weapons, 50 caliber rifles, or large capacity ammunition magazines; Why, are the sales getting out of control?
•Limit the number of firearms that may be purchased at one time; or we already do this. It is called "our bank account"
•Regulate unsafe handguns (“junk guns” or “Saturday night specials”). We already do this. Who wants to buy junk guns?

If the folks that waste their time everyday updating their site has nothing better to do, I am sure that there are some streets and roads that has trash along them that needs picked up. I will say this about them, at least they are allowing the 2nd Amendment to be posted to their website. That alone is making them look stupid. Why do they not just come out and admit that [B]CRIMINALS[B] do not obey the laws? Oh crap, that makes sense...never mind.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 12-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1859 Times on 1274 Posts
Likes Given: 685

They think that criminals go to a gun shop and buy a weapon to commit a crime. So they want to take low cost weapons off the street. Most criminals are felons and can't buy a gun from a gun shop. Why they want to disarm the poor I have no idea. Poor people need weapons the most. They must be frightened the poor are going to get tired of the gang bangers and take matters into their own hands.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5944 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 5507

Some folks are so rigid in there ideology that they ignore hard fact if it doesn't conform to their beliefs.

Winston Churchill
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21722 Times on 12312 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
If they are so hysterical about stopping gun violence, what kind of violence do they consider to be OK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Some folks are so rigid in there ideology that they ignore hard fact if it doesn't conform to their beliefs.
i too am curious as to what violence is acceptable to them. IMO, any violence for no reason, or directed towards another in order to deprive them of their property is unacceptable. violence is violence, irregardless of the weapon chosen to be used.

they are of the absurd thinking that present gun laws are ineffective and that the criminals are going to start obeying new gun control laws. and i will win the lottery tomorrow and get to marry a supermodel right after i get back from the Rolls Royce dealership!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5944 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 5507

Most people who support gun control don't believe in God.

But humans have an inborn need to worship something. so these people worship GOVERNMENT.

In their value system, it is government's responsibility to protect you. To them, protecting yourself is a form of blasphemy.

It is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Winston Churchill

Old 12-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #38

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

So, I guess since none of them believe in guns,

they won't really have any way of influencing the

rest of us, will they?

Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #39
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Most people who support gun control don't believe in God.

But humans have an inborn need to worship something. so these people worship GOVERNMENT.

In their value system, it is government's responsibility to protect you. To them, protecting yourself is a form of blasphemy.

It is just wrong, wrong, wrong.
I find this statement to be a little crazy. I would like some stats that leads you to that statement.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #40

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I find this statement to be a little crazy. I would like some stats that leads you to that statement.
I thought about it myself. You mean the first sentence, correct?

I KNOW none of the conditions are mutually inclusive, but there is a point there.

In my personal experience, atheists, liberals, and anti gunners do quite often seem to be "birds of a feather".

There are of course many exceptions, which to me makes it about as accurate as saying all conservatives are Christian, Bible thumping, gun toting racists.

There are just way too many exceptions for this to be all that accurate. But I'm open minded enough to at least be willing to look at a study of some sort.

There is one here, who it's an atheist, a gun lover, pro 2A, and has some liberal views in my opinion, but I just can't see him having voted for our sitting president. I don't know if he did or not, but I don't think so.

There are just too many exclusions.