Extremely Accurate Statistics...Or Not
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Extremely Accurate Statistics...Or Not

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Extremely Accurate Statistics...Or Not

Ran across this web site today and almost puked and laughed at the same time. The filth they spew out is backed up by a lot of statistics from Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Go figure right. I always like to see what the enemy is up to and had never heard of these fools. The web site is smartgunlaws.org. I also loved their polls of "gun owners"!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

I tried to look at their website and when I got part of the way down and saw their gun law ratings I had to exit. I just could not believe what I saw. Stupid people actually have a website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Ran across this web site today and almost puked and laughed at the same time. The filth they spew out is backed up by a lot of statistics from Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Go figure right. I always like to see what the enemy is up to and had never heard of these fools. The web site is smartgunlaws.org. I also loved their polls of "gun owners"!
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Wow they really hate 50 cal rifles. My state got an F on their grad thingy. Made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #4

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Guys, I didn't get past the very first paragraph on their homepage before laughing out loud... Here's why...

Smartgunlaws.org says
"On Election Day, the voters of Louisiana approved a ballot initiative that may make it easier for criminals to challenge the state’s gun laws in court. That NRA-sponsored initiative – the first of its kind in the nation – amended the state constitution’s right to bear arms provision to force courts considering state constitutional challenges to gun laws to apply “strict scrutiny,” the highest judicial standard.
The new provision is outrageous because it will require courts to review laws under a certain standard, rather than letting them decide for themselves what standard to use, as they traditionally have done. Strict scrutiny is often described as “strict in theory, fatal in fact,” because the vast majority of laws subject to strict scrutiny are found to be unconstitutional. Even the Supreme Court has not advocated for the use of strict scrutiny in cases evaluating laws under the Second Amendment. Requiring such a high standard could jeopardize even modest laws to reduce gun violence in Louisiana. This is especially alarming in a state that, in 2010, had the second highest number of firearm deaths per capita."

I highlighted that part in red because as soon as I saw it I said to myself "And this is a problem? Getting rid of unconstitutional laws?"

That told me all I need to know. The site seems in favor of unconstitutionality as long as it's forwarding their agenda.

Yep, I'm done there.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #5

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Wow they really hate 50 cal rifles.
yeah...sure are alot of crime commited with those.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #6

I couldn't help myself, I looked through their site a little more. I literally gagged and puked. I freaking puked in my kitchen, I spewed vomit all over my floor and table. I retched until I was curled in the floor in pain.

The lies and filth, and opportunistic, nasty, filth made me sick. It made me violently ill.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Assault weapons are a class of semi-automatic firearms designed with military features to allow rapid and accurate spray firing. They are not designed for “sport;” they are designed to kill humans quickly and efficiently. Features such as pistol grips and the ability to accept a detachable magazine clearly distinguish assault weapons from standard sporting firearms by enabling assault weapons to spray large amounts of fire quickly and accurately.
Really? I plan to use mine to hunt with, and for fun at the range. If I need a long gun to protect myself with, I'll use a 12 GA.

Quote:
A recent study analyzing FBI data shows that 20% of the law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty from 1998 to 2001 were killed with an assault weapon.1 Anecdotal evidence from law enforcement leaders suggests that military-style assault weapons are increasingly being used against law enforcement by drug dealers and gang members.2 In response, law enforcement agencies are upgrading their arsenals to include more assault weapons.
Really, I must have missed that. A Federal agency said that only 1% of all gun crimes are commited with something like an AR-15 or an AK

It must hurt to be this stupid.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

Stupidity such as this should leave visible scars to remind the stupid and to warn the intelligent.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Guys, I didn't get past the very first paragraph on their homepage before laughing out loud... Here's why...

Smartgunlaws.org says
".......This is especially alarming in a state that, in 2010, had the second highest number of firearm deaths per capita.".....
Whoa Nelly!! I looked at my likes, and noticed this in my earlier post. I didn't even read past the part I highlighted earlier, but really?

Louisiana had the second highest number of firearm deaths per capita in 2010? Are they counting the animals killed during hunting season or something?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

lots of confusing data. none of it relevent to the true facts. just what i would have suspected from a bunch of anti gun liberals, nonsense and illogical solutions and reasons!