Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Extract from the Patriot Post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Extract from the Patriot Post

The Patriot Post: Voice of Essential Liberty - PatriotPost.US

[I read this on the Patriot post and thought it worth sharing with you, I totally agree with the Concept and truly wish it had been a law when John Kerry assumed the Purple Hearts for self inflicted wounds in Vietnam, while serving on the River Boats, had it been a law he would not be where he is today!]

A Federal Law Against Lying

By Debra Saunders · Sunday, August 22, 2010

In 2005, Rep. John Salazar, D-Colo., sponsored the Stolen Valor Act that made it a federal crime to lie about receiving military medals or honors from the military. Breaking the law could lead to a fine and a sentence of six months. Lying about being awarded the Medal of Honor, a Purple Heart or other top honors could carry a prison sentence of up to one year.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly J View Post

[I read this on the Patriot post and thought it worth sharing with you, I totally agree with the Concept and truly wish it had been a law when John Kerry assumed the Purple Hearts for self inflicted wounds in Vietnam, while serving on the River Boats, had it been a law he would not be where he is today!]

A Federal Law Against Lying

By Debra Saunders · Sunday, August 22, 2010

In 2005, Rep. John Salazar, D-Colo., sponsored the Stolen Valor Act that made it a federal crime to lie about receiving military medals or honors from the military. Breaking the law could lead to a fine and a sentence of six months. Lying about being awarded the Medal of Honor, a Purple Heart or other top honors could carry a prison sentence of up to one year.

Well ****! Our own f'n administration lies to us, why can't some slime bag? Freedom of speech? I doubt our founders would expect this sort of bull crap but people will be people. It should be a federal crime with a life time sentence attached!!!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #3

I think the supreme court struck that law as it goes against the 1st amd.

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed