Examples of the 2nd Amendment in Action?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Examples of the 2nd Amendment in Action?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default Examples of the 2nd Amendment in Action?

Having an online debate with an audience right now with an old school teacher of mine...he's taking quite the condescending approach, LOL, but he's still a good guy.

Curious, for the sake of this debate and ones in the future...anyone know of any instances, big or small, of the 2nd Amendment in action?

The only one I know of is the Battle of Athens...I could be wrong about this, but I have to believe there's more than one...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 AM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Google firearm used to stop rapist, robber, self defense. That's the 2nd Amendment in action!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

People Like This 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Japan didn't invade the American mainland during WWII because we have the 2nd Amendment, and they knew most of the country was armed.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #4

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/19/florida-customer-who-shot-suspects-during-internet-cafe-robbery-will-not-face/

This is one of the more publicized ones of late.

I usually show those people things like; knife crime in Australia, homicides in Chicago, or gun crime rates in D.C.

-Matt

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #5

Apologies I did mean to specify, i mean't to talk about the 2nd Amendment in Action for its origianlly intended purpose: To protect our freedoms against a tyrannical government.

The Battle of Athens is the only such occurrence I know of...and it's still not even taught in schools these days

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #6

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I think he means more along the lines of, defending against tyranny from government.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity
People Like This 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #7

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

i do believe he was referrin to:

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin". -- Samuel Adams

and,

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

and,

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. " Abraham Lincoln.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 09-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6619 Times on 3687 Posts
Likes Given: 6288

By the grace of God it hasn't happened............yet!

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #9

correct =)

Except not quotes...just actual instances of it happening in history...maybe there is only 1...or maybe they've all been hidden?

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 09-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
By the grace of God it hasn't happened............yet!

http://constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm

Quote:
The Battle of Athens