Episode that Happened to Me on Tuesday.... - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Episode that Happened to Me on Tuesday....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had some problems with a neighbor lady once. I just made sure that one day after turkey hunting in my leafy suit, that when I got home I walked to the road to the mailbox with my shotgun over my shoulder. She was in her front yard. Problem solved.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #42

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yes, displaying a gun for the purpose of "shutting up" the neighbor.
I remember doing the same thing several times after folks cut me off in traffic. Unfortunately in Arizona that pesky law was passed, which makes it against the law for me to punish local bad drivers by pointing my largest handgun in their direction.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #43

I hope you were being sarcastic. Around here, simply showing a gun - especially in a threatening manner like you suggest - will likely get you shot.

My father taught me at a very young age that the ONLY reason you should ever point a gun at a person is if you intend, 1000%, to KILL that person. He also taught that a gun is not to be used just to threaten, either.

It's one thing to carry it in a non-threatening way (like an earlier poster mentioned about having his shotgun over his shoulder) or to open carry - holstered, but to deliberately point or wave your weapon around? Sorry, no. That just reeks of irresponsibility.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #44

Nobody waved or flashed a gun, it was a lie to spite me and break my balls because im not a liberal pinhead like them ! Didn't you read the first post ?

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
Nobody waved or flashed a gun, it was a lie to spite me and break my balls because im not a liberal pinhead like them ! Didn't you read the first post ?
Sorry freedomfighter - i wasn't responding to you directly. I should have clicked the quote button to be more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
I remember doing the same thing several times after folks cut me off in traffic. Unfortunately in Arizona that pesky law was passed, which makes it against the law for me to punish local bad drivers by pointing my largest handgun in their direction.
that's what i was responding to (bolding mine) in my previous post; in particular the section in bold.

I find no fault with your actions, freedomfighter, and i hope you do get to confront your accuser(s). I think what others have said about the police adopting a "boy who cried wolf" attitude towards the complainant is VERY likely.

Keep wearing your camo - as long as it covers up all the right bits, you have every right to wear whatever you want. And if simply wearing camo irritates feeble-minded morons like some of your neighbors, then hey, that sounds like an added bonus to me. Let them keep it up. Then when those criminals in the alley where the gate dispute came up actually do something bad to the whiny neighbor, the cops may not take them seriously, and it'll be their own damn fault, not the police's fault.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #46
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4050 Times on 2079 Posts
Likes Given: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Are you freaking serious? Pointing a gun at someone because they "cut you off"? #1 JUVENILE behavior. #2 ILLEGAL behavior. #3 The kind of behavior that gives all gun owners a BAD rap.

Please tell me you were joking?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #47

Don't worry about it Gibson99, no offense taken, I miss understood, for that I apologize !
Since then I only wear full cammies during the day once or twice a week just because I can. Most of the time I do split them up, Jeans and a Camo jacket, or pants and a black leather or hoodie. The Black/White and Gray Camo trousers go great with a black leather, Denim, or Black or gray hoodie. See they can be fashionable too. I also wear combat boots sometime because I have a bum left ankle and they support ankles great ! I just like them as well. If not combat boots, then work boots or sneakers. I know better than to wear a full camo suit at night, yes then you look shady . I carry a lot of stuff too, wallet, money, and inhaler in pants pockets, holster/gun and spare mag on pants. My jackets usually house my knife, ciggarettes {I should Quit}, Zippo lighter, small flashlight, and of course a pen. So yes I appreciate the clothes I wear. Had I known that this thread would have went this far, I wouldn't have wrote it. I guess it's my own fault though.

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #48

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Are you freaking serious? Pointing a gun at someone because they "cut you off"? #1 JUVENILE behavior. #2 ILLEGAL behavior. #3 The kind of behavior that gives all gun owners a BAD rap.

Please tell me you were joking?
I quit doing it 25 years ago.
However in retrospect, bad drivers are still cutting me off in traffic today.