Episode that Happened to Me on Tuesday.... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Episode that Happened to Me on Tuesday....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 768 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 830

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Some where in my file I have a Solution to your problem. Send me your E-mail address and I'll dig it up and send it to you. I don't think it's been posted here on FTF. Why didn't the cops just ask who are you and where do you live, and so on and so forth.
Report of a gun! It is Philly. Blue camo and urban camo is fly yaknow. Goes great with B-ball kicks. That does really suck.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #12

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

sorry about thati hate the people who wont at least have the stones to tell you
what they think and have someone else do it for them

Old 11-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #13

Default Outfit as a message

You have the right to dress a s you wish, but keep in mind, it sends a message, it doesn't change who you are, but it portrays what you want people to see in you.

Use this idea in your favor, like the spots on a jaguar.

I have to wear outdoors outfit and rubber boots on, 5 days a week, my business has me working outdoors 5 days a week, exposed to dirt, vegetation, mud when it rains, etc. I look like I am on a safari and people ask the weirdest questions, most people ask if we work with animals, I usually answer:"we train elephants". Of course on weekends I wear slacks and a blazer, so my life is a little backwards.

So what is my point? People are free to think whatever they want, can't blame them for that, is a free country and they have as much right as you do to feel safe.

So you are free to dress in camouflage and carry a long knife if you want, but be ready to be questioned. Furthermore, if you are trying to "look dangerous" don't expect someone to come close and get all chummy.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Last edited by gatopardo; 11-04-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The best camouflage is blending in. Personally, I prefer to be the gray man. If you wear camo while patrolling on neighborhood watch, fine, but I wouldn't wear it all the time. It's Philly, camo isn't really urban wear.

Just my 2 cents.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-05-2010, 03:20 AM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

I agree those who mentioned what that what you wear projects to others who you are. Does that make it right, no. Is it a truth, yes. What do you think when you see someone wearing "gansta gear?"

When I see someone wearing full camo and they are obviously not hunting or in the military, I think Mall Ninja or paramilitary anarchists. If by choosing to wear camo you are wanting attention of a certain kind. Well you got it. If you don't know why the cops laughed when you said you were part of the Neighborhood Watch, then you might want to think about your choice of apparel.

Check with the police to see if they have persued the false report. You also have a right to face your accuser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:56 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think you should be the man you are. Wear the clothes you want, the police will not continue to be baited by this retard, trust me, they know who it was who called on you & a real ugly problem is awaiting this police unit in possible future lawsuit if they keep it up. If it were me, I would be filing a false arrest report and sending certified mail to my local sheriff & attorney general- I just don't like having to go through that kinda crap twice...

Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #17

These people know who I am, my son used to play around that street and they know who He and I are. I was at the first neighborhood watch meeting with these nutty idiots, they knew I was the one in charge of patrol ! I don't usually wear camos when I patrol, I just like camos, I even have Gunnery Sergant Rank stripes on my jacket Im a fan of our military and I just like wearing them because they are comfy, have a lot of pockets, and keep you cool. I could understand if I was a total stranger, but these folks know me. This was spite work because of differing opinions on an alley gate !
The woman wh owants the gate along her house is alongside of an alley that druggies go to shoot up, and where hookers turn tricks. She claimed at the meeting that she wants the gate and one person replied that "It's such a quaint little walkway, why put a gate there?" I thought it was bogus ! Thern a neighbor up my street was talking about it and He had said even if you put a gate up they will still climb over it. My reply was just put razor barbed wire on the top of it, and thet can't climb it. Well he didn't like the idea and said "How would you like to look at that outside of your house. The place I grew up not only had barbed wire in places, but bars on the windows ! No this was just a babified
liberals way of throwing a tantrum when they have been proven wrong ! They talk all this peace and love crap, but yet they start more trouble and more hate in their hearts than anyone ! Sorry but if you can't tell me to my face that you have a problem with me, and then resort to underhanded teenie bopper games and then "lie" and falsely accuse someone you know of something that isn't true, your a peice of trash !
As far as paramilitary every state has a militia. Pennsylvania has three one of which is called The Sons of Liberty. I have never known any of these groups in PA. to start trouble or go around profiling people. A Militia is leagal and it's a 2nd amendment right, just like bearing arms. No im not in a militia ! Im disabled and couldn't be in one if I wanted. These liberals are gonna learn the hard way. They cannot go around telling people how to live, what to wear, and what to do. They are even going around telling people that they need to get outside porch lites if they do not have one. Many of the folks are on Social Security or SSi/SSD. These people may not have the funds to call an electrician to have a light fixture installed. Yes, I have one on timer ! They are even threatening people that they are gonna call the councilman on them to get them to act !
Communtists, you bet ! I don't listen to Commies and I never will. They will have to try to kill me before they get my arms, or tell me how to live ! This is America, this country is based on the constitution and the bill of rights, and they will not be infringed any of them, not over my dead body and every other good american who loves what this country is supposed to and once stood for Life, Liberty, and the Persuit of Happiness and right now and on Tuesday these cowards are trying to stop me from doing so !
Thankyou to all who supported me through this time. Thankyou all for your thoughts on this matter. Anyone here who ever has a problem of anykind or similar I have your back !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
Anyone here who ever has a problem of anykind or similar I have your back !
Hear Hear!!! At least know you have A LOT more "neighbors" here on the forum, that KNOW what your going through, and SUPPORT YOU, as opposed to the few thorns that are in your neighborhood. And speaking of thorns, "it's funny how annoying a little prick can be" isn't it? (quote from the movie iron man 2). I wish i had been a member of this forum when i had my issues, even talking to them did not give me any relief. I would have loved to get some advice from here on my situation.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #19

LOL Pricks do hurt ! Im just gonna try to erase this from my mind, and go on living as usual. My quest, to buy more firearms of course ! So Im gonna read magazines, buy ammo,
and accessories and enjoy my toys. My CCW Permit will be arriving anyday and I'll have to go get my picture taken on the card. Finally, I will be able to carry again and not have to worry. Not having my gun and holster made me feel naked for the past few months. So I guess in the longrun it's getting shoved up their oughts anyway. They thought I had a gun, didn't, and now when my permit comes I will have one and in regular clothes at that, peachy. Now thwy won't bother me and will think that I don't carry a gun. Good, what they don't know, won't hurt me ! Now im in the drivers seat so to speak. Not that I have retalitory intentions, just knowing in my mind that they got screwed in actuality will make me feel all pink and fuzzy inside.

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
LOL Pricks do hurt ! Im just gonna try to erase this from my mind, and go on living as usual. My quest, to buy more firearms of course ! So Im gonna read magazines, buy ammo,
and accessories and enjoy my toys. My CCW Permit will be arriving anyday and I'll have to go get my picture taken on the card. Finally, I will be able to carry again and not have to worry.
Sounds like you got a good plan. I strive to be more like you and like orangello said about leaving it alone. I have at least made it to the point of bringing it up once, and leaving it alone after that. But being able to ignore it, to me, is a true sign that it does not bother you! I respect you decision and how your handling it. Keep your camos on. What you like to wear is what you like to wear, an nobody's business. I don't wear them, but you may think what i wear is laughable. So more power to you and let us all know when the license comes!!!!

Last edited by theferg2000; 11-06-2010 at 12:00 AM.