Enough already! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Enough already!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 03:26 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Honestly I do see the point but it's pretty much bull snit, when I was younger my gramps worked 13 hour shifts as a truck driver. I worked 12 hours shifts for three years, never had to take a nap in my car just to get throught the day.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 04-26-2011, 03:39 AM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

How long do you think he would have been able to stay awake just sitting in the cab, parked at a truck stop without a radio, no other trucks, pitch black outside, heater on?

Difference is there is something about driving a big rig and being busy at work that just keeps you awake! These guys aren't doing anything but landing a couple of planes, all night.

Sorry guys, there is no job out there, even a night watchman can get up and walk around; that compares to a controller on mids.

People get the government they deserve.

Last edited by dunerunner; 04-26-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #13

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

The key is the lack of work. These guys are not busy and falling asleep, it's the fact that they are on shift for 12 hours but only work 5 minutes. Going uncontrolled is probably the safest and least expensive solution available. Most airports are actually uncontrolled at night, in fact many/most are uncontrolled during the day they are just not that busy.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson