Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Enforce Laws, Don't make new

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Retired
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2268 Times on 1357 Posts
Likes Given: 1058

Default Enforce Laws, Don't make new

Although this is a rant, bear with me.

Currently we have so many laws at the federal and local level.
We have laws against drug abuse, and drugs are still abused.
We have laws against drunk driving, but every day it still happens.
We have laws against spouse and child abuse, but every day it still happens.
We have laws against speeding, but every day, I see it happen.
We have laws against animal fighting, but it still happens.

So, please tell me again, how will more laws on firearms be effective?

Our Law Enforcement personnel (who do a good job for the most part), have the responsibility to enforce the law. But with so many, how can they?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #2

Liked 103 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 36

One day people will have enough,and their only options will be to either carry/keep their guns in a way opposed to the law and risk jail time,or know that they or their loved ones will probably get killed at some point without them.With those being the only options many will choose life.Their conscience won't let them leave home unarmed.This is why after Columbine many teachers had concealed pistols on them illegally.It is very sad that they have to make that choice because their government is a blind idiot,the only ones that are mentally i'll are all the (D's) in Washington.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 12-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #3

Liked 3677 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I'm still hoping for SHTF, and the city dwellers, animal rights, and anti gun nuts eradicate themselves out if the picture. COME ON SHTF!!!! We only need like 3 or 4 months of no electricity.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #4

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
I'm still hoping for SHTF, and the city dwellers, animal rights, and anti gun nuts eradicate themselves out if the picture. COME ON SHTF!!!! We only need like 3 or 4 months of no electricity.
I've never thought of this but it is genius!

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #5

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Couldn't states just ignore the federal law, if passed? Kinda like they did with pot? And allow modern rifle possession.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #6

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Months? Days man, days. 7 days without power and this country will turn into Thunder Dome.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosskelt
Couldn't states just ignore the federal law, if passed? Kinda like they did with pot? And allow modern rifle possession.
Only if the rifle is 100% fabricated, assembled and sold in the state. If it crosses state lines it falls under federal jurisdiction. Believe that Montana and Tennessee both have passed state sovereignty laws on firearms manufacturing.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #8

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Only if the rifle is 100% fabricated, assembled and sold in the state. If it crosses state lines it falls under federal jurisdiction. Believe that Montana and Tennessee both have passed state sovereignty laws on firearms manufacturing.
I see. I didn't now how that would work but thought if the pot heads could get away with it why not us right. What are the chances of getting an upper if I already had a lower under a non retroactive ban.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #9

In all honesty the last ban only removed a couple of parts that do not negatively affect the rifles function. Unless you are hell bent in a bayonet you wont have a problem.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #10

Liked 1074 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Here is something from Military.com news about an upcoming Supreme Court possible case. As long as it happens in the next year, I think the Chicago appelate court decision will be upheld. Court changes, it is probably not going to be.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/12/17/high-court-fight-looms-over-right-to-carry-a-gun.html?ESRC=army.nl