Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > End of Posse Comitatus,Abrogation of the 5th Amendment and Writ of Habeas Corpus.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

We have a big problem that both of our parties are authoritarian and want these powers for the government.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #52

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I just heard a discussion on NPR concerning NDAA. I guess the ambiguity on the wording concerning civillians has been revised...to what degree and to anyones satisfaction, I don't know. They didn't go into details.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #53

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
I just heard a discussion on NPR concerning NDAA. I guess the ambiguity on the wording concerning civillians has been revised...to what degree and to anyones satisfaction, I don't know. They didn't go into details.
This scares me even more to be totally honest...

It was a cold evening in D.C.. Most citizens are at home online, or in the stores, shopping for Christmas gifts. The perfect time to try and pass something like the NDAA without the due attention it so clearly deserves.

Those who created (and passed) the NDAA have made a mistake however in the fact that they showed their hand. What was hoped to go unnoticed has become painfully (although not painfully enough) obvious to the American citizenry. So what do you do when you overplay your hand? You try to salvage as much as you can.

So why am I scared more now? Because I doubt they will make the same mistake again anytime soon. Instead look for executive orders or some such thing. How now do they grab this obviously desired power without once again tripping alarms?

Paranoid? Perhaps...

Vigilant? Always!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun