End of Posse Comitatus,Abrogation of the 5th Amendment and Writ of Habeas Corpus. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

End of Posse Comitatus,Abrogation of the 5th Amendment and Writ of Habeas Corpus.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #31
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 755 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
The only way to get him out of the W.H is to VOTE NO Nov.2012!.
DUDE this is NOT an Obama law.this fricken law was written by none other than JOHN MCCAIN...the idiot we WOULD have in office if not this clown we have now!!

The ONLY way to begin the reversal is to vote YES for Dr. RON PAUL!!!!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #32

Liked 1024 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I've still yet to see a "reputable" new link that says the president signed it.

Last I had heard of it was from one of Obama's staffers on NPR saying that under no circumstances would he do anything but veto it because it infringed on the basic rights of American citizens.
Maybe he changed his mind, but I've yet to see anything showing he actually signed it into law.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #33

Liked 769 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 604

I can't watch that video...I stopped at the drama of the airport screenings and the somber music. That things as bad as anything PITA or the Anti-Gunners would put out. Pure, overly-dramatized propaganda. As far as the subject matter...I'll read it from another source and glean information from that... but I can't view that manipulative, overly-edited garbage.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #34
fmj

Liked 755 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
I can't watch that video...I stopped at the drama of the airport screenings and the somber music. That things as bad as anything PITA or the Anti-Gunners would put out. Pure, overly-dramatized propaganda. As far as the subject matter...I'll read it from another source and glean information from that... but I can't view that manipulative, overly-edited garbage.
overly edited mayhaps.......but TRUTHFUL!

If you think for a minute it aint happening, you really need to pull your head out of the sand. I have been watching closely since the patriot act was proposed.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #35

Liked 769 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
If you think for a minute it aint happening, you really need to pull your head out of the sand. I have been watching closely since the patriot act was proposed.
I never said or suggested that.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #36

Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
If I may offer a word of hope...I think what has happened in the U.S. is that many people have woken up. Something somewhere along the way sparked the desire to uncover the truth in a few people. Their revelations lead to more people doing more digging. The internet has provided a means of instantaneous information dissemination and a free, powerful collaboration tool. Now, every day we see another bunch of articles that raise our blood pressure. But the that fact we are seeing these things is good - it means more people are waking up and that there is no plausible deniability the fed can hide behind.

It truly is sickening to see what we have become, but all this didn't happen last week; it has been going on for decades behind the scenes. It's wonderful that people are able to realize how screwed up we are, how our government does not obey its own laws, and how so many laws exist to make the government's job easier at our expense in treasure and liberty. The more that is uncovered, the more people there are who take note. And the more far-left our government gets, the more people feel the pain. Do you think we won't reach critical mass where people say "ENOUGH!"? I know we will. Remember the turn-out in protest of an amnesty bill a few years back? People flipped out and with one voice screamed at congress "NO!" and congress backed down. That was nothing compared to what's coming.

I don't know who your favorite candidate is, but I've taken a pretty in-depth look at Ron Paul. On the surface, if you look at the b.s. sound bites the media spoon-feeds us, the guy looks like a complete idiot. But when you watch something longer than the 40 second out-of-context spots you learn the guy really, truly embraces the constitution. There's nothing in it for him, personally, except to guide the federal government back to where it should be operating. What infuriates me is to hear GOP folks say "if Ron Paul wins Iowa, it doesn't count" and that "he just has a small fringe group that is skewing the votes". Well, maybe. Or, maybe he has a bigger following than they want to admit. But to take shots at the one guy who has not flip-flopped in his career and who only wants a return to the rule of law...it tells me he's hitting a nerve.

My prayer these days is that good people don't overlook him and write him off as a kook and continue this losing game by voting for a RINO or not voting at all.
Thanks for the rousing speech but you of all people should known I am one of the biggest Dr. Paul fans on this site (See my signature line?)!

What I am saying is that you see something like NDAA get past and its just completely demoralizing. I know how we got here, but that doesn't make it any easier to wrap my head around. The fact of the matter is that we almost elected the would-be tyrant that played a major role in creating this mockery of "safety." When your left with the two choices we had in 2008, you have to seriously consider the possibility that even if Dr. Paul is elected, it may just be too late to save the people.

My biggest fear is that we will revert back to the current cycle after Dr. Paul leaves POTUS, if he gets elected. There is his son, but none others that stand out like they do.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-21-2011, 02:16 AM   #37

Liked 1340 Times on 853 Posts
Likes Given: 806

The U.S. House of Representatives passed the act, which it called HR540 on Wednesday evening by a vote of 283 to 136, with 14 members not voting.

The House released the official vote tally on its website and it shows that 190 Republicans voted for the bill and 43 voted against it, while 93 Democratic representatives voted for and 93 voted against it.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #38

Liked 1024 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

So when does Obama get it???

Old 12-21-2011, 02:44 AM   #39

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

I suggest we not forget where this all started. It wasn't with President Obama, but his (conservative) predecessor, President Bush, played a strong role. Nor was it entirely his pedecessor, WJC, either ! I'm of the opinion former POTUS G.H. Bush, (and former head of the CIA) started the ball rolling. Succeeding administrations, plus compliant/complicit Congresses increased the scope of government "snooping" inside our borders. WJC's administration perpetrated some of the most gruesome attacks on "alleged dissidents" in our history. Former POTUS "W" Bush, certainly "raised the bar" with the "Patriot Act".

But now we've got an administration completely contemptuous of its oath of office, our constitution, and our laws as demonstrated manifold times in its three years' reign. Already its head is proclaiming himself "one of the top four Presidents" even as our economy totters, essential energy consumes almost 20% of most americans' budgets, and our meager savings are either stolen or rendered worthless ! >MW

Old 12-21-2011, 04:50 AM   #40

Liked 1114 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
I suggest we not forget where this all started. It wasn't with President Obama, but his (conservative) predecessor, President Bush, played a strong role. Nor was it entirely his pedecessor, WJC, either ! I'm of the opinion former POTUS G.H. Bush, (and former head of the CIA) started the ball rolling. Succeeding administrations, plus compliant/complicit Congresses increased the scope of government "snooping" inside our borders. WJC's administration perpetrated some of the most gruesome attacks on "alleged dissidents" in our history. Former POTUS "W" Bush, certainly "raised the bar" with the "Patriot Act".

But now we've got an administration completely contemptuous of its oath of office, our constitution, and our laws as demonstrated manifold times in its three years' reign. Already its head is proclaiming himself "one of the top four Presidents" even as our economy totters, essential energy consumes almost 20% of most americans' budgets, and our meager savings are either stolen or rendered worthless ! >MW
No argument here.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun