Email I just sent Governor Andy Coumo - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Email I just sent Governor Andy Coumo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556 View Post
I've heard there are places in Alabama that resembles upstate New York and we have some great gun laws. Just know the door is always open and we will leave the porch light on. Just please be sure none of them there ass hat liberal stowaway and make it down here. That wouldn't be to good for'em.
Ya the last time carpetbaggers tried that they died by the droves.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #32

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hey WF, I'm really sorry to hear about what's happening in your state. I'm only 26 and still pretty fresh in the ways in the world. I've had grandparents that served as you did and appreciate the sacrifice they made to give me the rights I have as an American. I'm a avid target shooter and more than a little worried about everything that is happening to this country. I hope everything works out for you and yours. I understand loving where you are, But Arkansas welcomes you if and whenever you decide to make a change. God speed friend.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 AM   #33

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The New York Gun Law has nothing to do with saving lives. Gov. Cuomo wants to run for President. The Liberals are so pumped after Obamas win they think they are all powerful.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #34

Liked 45 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Holy crap!!!! I was reading through the NY gun legislation S1422-2013 and read this:

S 265.02 Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree. A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when:

(1) Such person commits the crime of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree as defined in subdivision one, two, three or five of section 265.01, and has been previously convicted of any crime; or
(2) Such person possesses any explosive or incendiary bomb, bombshell, firearm silencer, machine-gun or any other firearm or weapon simulating a machine-gun and which is adaptable for such use; or
(3) Such person knowingly possesses a machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun which has been defaced for the purpose of concealment or prevention of the detection of a crime or misrepresenting the identity of such machine-gun, firearm, rifle or shotgun; or
(5) (i) Such person possesses three or more firearms; or (ii) such person possesses a firearm and has been previously convicted of a felony or a class A misdemeanor defined in this chapter within the five years immediately preceding the commission of the offense and such possession did not take place in the person's home or place of business; or
(6) Such person knowingly possesses any disguised gun[; or
(7) Such person possesses an assault weapon; or
(8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device].

Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree is a class D felo ny.

S 6.

Section 265.04 of the penal law, as amended by chapter 764 of the laws of 2005, is amended to read as follows:

S 265.04 Criminal possession of a weapon in the first degree. A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the first degree when such person:

(1) possesses any explosive substance with intent to use the same unlawfully against the person or property of another; or
(2) possesses ten or more firearms; OR
(3) POSSESSES AN ASSAULT WEAPON; OR
(4) POSSESSES A LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE.

Criminal possession of a weapon in the first degree is a class B felo ny.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #35

Liked 45 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

So if I'm reading this right anyone that owns three or more firearms is committing a 3rd degree class D felony and ten or more is a 1st degree class B felony. What the hell!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6932 Times on 3484 Posts
Likes Given: 7518

Call 911, better yet arrange for the Undertaker and a burial or 12 because when you need help the most, its at least 15 minutes away, where I live, closer to half an hour.

Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide,. Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide, Boom, click, slide, boom, click, slide,

That was the sound of NY's new gun law in effect, 30+ shots with a single shot 16 gauge shotgun all completed in less time than it took me to copy and paste it much less get someone there with a badge and a gun to help prevent 30 more of our children from dying!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #37

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The thing that's so frustrating about all of this, is that statistically legal owners are not the problem. We would all be better served if they would address prosecution and penalties for the criminals perpetrating crimes.

I'm pretty sure criminals aren't going to be lining up to register their weapon or worry about how many bullets are in their mags. It's all just so silly.