Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Email I just sent Governor Andy Coumo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

That was a good e-mail. But I do not think he is going to care. Because he got his way.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hey WF,

I too am a lifelong New Yorker and have loved it too much to leave. People who haven't been here just can't appreciate how truly spectacular the Catskills and Adirondacks really are.

Most people just associate us as NYC. Our state is so much more than that.

I and every shooter I know contacted our Reps and it did nothing. The shame of it is that both sides voted for this silliness, and the votes weren't even close!

NY Senator Kathleen Marchione has a petition going on her website to overturn it, hopefully we all go and sign up.

Of course when the Pres gets done later today it may not matter anyway, this may get worse for everyone before it starts getting better......

Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #13

Liked 3677 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

South Carolina checking in... We'll ALWAYS take more armed people. Maine is pretty darn gun friendly too.... and a bit closer.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #14

My letter to remington

As a law abiding citizen,the Second Amendment is more than hunting and shooting paper targets. It represents freedom that only Americans enjoy. This reactionary, pointless law that New York has passed, does nothing to prevent future shootings from occurring.

As an owner of Remington products, I refuse to conduct any further business with a company that stays in New York, and provides tax assistance to a state that uses that money against its citizens.

Also, I refuse to do business with a company that provides the police with equipment and services, that citizens can not enjoy.

I refuse to participate in giving money to a company that makes a product for police, that will be used on citizens, for owning the exact same product.

I, and many other gun owners have expressed the same outrage at the New York law, and encourage your company to leave the state, and stop servicing the state of New York as well.

Thank you.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #15
JTJ

Liked 1244 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 439

Upstate NY is a beautiful place ( I lived there for a couple of years) but there are other beautiful places. I currently live in the desert at Lake Havasu AZ and it is much different but also beautiful to me and evidently a lot of ex New Yorkers. Every state has its own beauty and a good number of them are free. Here you dont need a ccw to carry concealed. It does get hotter than hell here in the summer. A lot of retirees come here to get acclimated before they die and we bury them with blankets so they can stay warm if they do go to hell.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #16

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

So true, to play on General Crooks words? If I owned Hell and Arizona I would rent out Arizona and live in Hell!! I am a snow bird and live south of you near Parker.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #17

Liked 2175 Times on 1119 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Utah (the birthplace of JMB) welcomes escapees from CA all the time. I suppose we can work with the NY refugees as well.
Worth remembering, UT has a state gun to boot.

NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 01-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #18

Attention New Yorkers.

Bring you, your families and your guns...

Leave your politics at the door. They're not welcome.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #19

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Your welcome here in Texas too.
Here, come here, we welcome good people.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasrrt View Post
You are welcome in Louisiana my friend. As of the last election we have the most gun friendly laws in all the states.
Not quite, but we moved really damn close...
I'm still waiting to see if our new, or rewording of, our own right to bear arms state amendment, now grants constitutional carry. No one seems to know as the concealed carry laws here haven't been challenged under the new rewording just yet. I figure it will take a court case to set a precedent.