Eliminate Armed security For The President - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Eliminate Armed security For The President

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Military on duty are usually exempted from restrictions about carrying and types of firearms used.

He's the head of the military, he could carry whatever he wanted.
Oh really? Then why don't we see our active duty military who do support their 2A Rights doing so?

Quite simply because you are wrong. It doesn't work that way.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1466 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Oh really? Then why don't we see our active duty military who do support their 2A Rights doing so?

Quite simply because you are wrong. It doesn't work that way.
When is The President not on duty? Military members (myself included) can and do carry otherwise illegal firearms while performing military duties.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #13

Quote:
When is The President not on duty? Military members (myself included) can and do carry otherwise illegal firearms while performing military duties.
And just how often do you see the Joint Chiefs of Staff carrying weapons while on duty in Washington DC? Or when they are in the White House or the Capitol building speaking to Congress? Or anyone in the Military?

As far as I am aware it is not a common occurrence. Perhaps you know differently.

My point, and the point of the petition, is that it is inherently unequal for the President to go everywhere with an armed entourage while our children by law cannot be protected with arms when they are in school.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #14

Liked 1466 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
And just how often do you see the Joint Chiefs of Staff carrying weapons while on duty in Washington DC? Or when they are in the White House or the Capitol building speaking to Congress? Or anyone in the Military?

As far as I am aware it is not a common occurrence. Perhaps you know differently.

My point, and the point of the petition, is that it is inherently unequal for the President to go everywhere with an armed entourage while our children by law cannot be protected with arms when they are in school.
Why would the Joint Chiefs or the President walk around carrying. They have security for that.

I do understand the point of the petition.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Why would the Joint Chiefs or the President walk around carrying. They have security for that.

I do understand the point of the petition.
Well then. Lets move along. Shall we?

Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #16

Liked 3109 Times on 1845 Posts
Likes Given: 784

Not going to happen. It would be a precedent for future POTUS down the road. The position and the intellegence possessed by the POTUS, as well as the polital implications of a successful attack or capture would be too detrimental to the Nation and National identity, whether I agree with his possition on issues or not. The Office of President still needs the security.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2712 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 1578

Quote:
Military on duty are usually exempted from restrictions about carrying and types of firearms used.

He's the head of the military, he could carry whatever he wanted.
I spent 5 years active and 8 years in the NG and we were NEVER exempt. When did this start?????
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Not going to happen. It would be a precedent for future POTUS down the road. The position and the intellegence possessed by the POTUS, as well as the polital implications of a successful attack or capture would be too detrimental to the Nation and National identity, whether I agree with his possition on issues or not. The Office of President still needs the security.
While you are absolutely correct about that, it is an important message. That is the reason I signed it. Sometimes it is the message that is more important than the issue.
towboater Likes This 
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5742 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
...He's the head of the military, he could carry whatever he wanted.
A lot of uniform-wearing readers just threw up in their mouths a little there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
The position and the intellegence possessed by the POTUS, as well as the polital implications of a successful attack or capture would be too detrimental to the Nation and National identity, whether I agree with his possition on issues or not. The Office of President still needs the security.
Sometimes, a theory needs real world testing. Surely a Chicago democrat would go along with it?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #20

Liked 269 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Nice to see happen, but this is obviously just a sarcastic jab that even the petitioners know isn't going to happen, this is just to get heard.
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves