Eliminate Armed security For The President - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Eliminate Armed security For The President


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Military on duty are usually exempted from restrictions about carrying and types of firearms used.

He's the head of the military, he could carry whatever he wanted.
Oh really? Then why don't we see our active duty military who do support their 2A Rights doing so?

Quite simply because you are wrong. It doesn't work that way.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yunus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: |,Maryland
Posts: 5,242
Liked 1466 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Oh really? Then why don't we see our active duty military who do support their 2A Rights doing so?

Quite simply because you are wrong. It doesn't work that way.
When is The President not on duty? Military members (myself included) can and do carry otherwise illegal firearms while performing military duties.
__________________
"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson
"Do stupid things, win stupid prizes"
Yunus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
When is The President not on duty? Military members (myself included) can and do carry otherwise illegal firearms while performing military duties.
And just how often do you see the Joint Chiefs of Staff carrying weapons while on duty in Washington DC? Or when they are in the White House or the Capitol building speaking to Congress? Or anyone in the Military?

As far as I am aware it is not a common occurrence. Perhaps you know differently.

My point, and the point of the petition, is that it is inherently unequal for the President to go everywhere with an armed entourage while our children by law cannot be protected with arms when they are in school.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yunus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: |,Maryland
Posts: 5,242
Liked 1466 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
And just how often do you see the Joint Chiefs of Staff carrying weapons while on duty in Washington DC? Or when they are in the White House or the Capitol building speaking to Congress? Or anyone in the Military?

As far as I am aware it is not a common occurrence. Perhaps you know differently.

My point, and the point of the petition, is that it is inherently unequal for the President to go everywhere with an armed entourage while our children by law cannot be protected with arms when they are in school.
Why would the Joint Chiefs or the President walk around carrying. They have security for that.

I do understand the point of the petition.
__________________
"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson
"Do stupid things, win stupid prizes"
Yunus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Why would the Joint Chiefs or the President walk around carrying. They have security for that.

I do understand the point of the petition.
Well then. Lets move along. Shall we?
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,500
Liked 3109 Times on 1845 Posts
Likes Given: 784

Default

Not going to happen. It would be a precedent for future POTUS down the road. The position and the intellegence possessed by the POTUS, as well as the polital implications of a successful attack or capture would be too detrimental to the Nation and National identity, whether I agree with his possition on issues or not. The Office of President still needs the security.
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 4,051
Liked 2712 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 1578

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Military on duty are usually exempted from restrictions about carrying and types of firearms used.

He's the head of the military, he could carry whatever he wanted.
I spent 5 years active and 8 years in the NG and we were NEVER exempt. When did this start?????
__________________
An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!
JimRau is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9093 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Not going to happen. It would be a precedent for future POTUS down the road. The position and the intellegence possessed by the POTUS, as well as the polital implications of a successful attack or capture would be too detrimental to the Nation and National identity, whether I agree with his possition on issues or not. The Office of President still needs the security.
While you are absolutely correct about that, it is an important message. That is the reason I signed it. Sometimes it is the message that is more important than the issue.
Vikingdad is offline  
towboater Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5742 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
...He's the head of the military, he could carry whatever he wanted.
A lot of uniform-wearing readers just threw up in their mouths a little there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
The position and the intellegence possessed by the POTUS, as well as the polital implications of a successful attack or capture would be too detrimental to the Nation and National identity, whether I agree with his possition on issues or not. The Office of President still needs the security.
Sometimes, a theory needs real world testing. Surely a Chicago democrat would go along with it?
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ninjatoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Near Saginaw,Michigan
Posts: 1,726
Liked 269 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Default

Nice to see happen, but this is obviously just a sarcastic jab that even the petitioners know isn't going to happen, this is just to get heard.
__________________
S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves
ninjatoth is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Maritime security - Armed .vs "non-lethal" !!! RemFire Firearms in the Media 6 01-07-2013 04:36 PM
Armed 11 year old Girl Defends Home from 3 armed Burglars: Armed Citizen mesinge2 Legal and Activism 16 01-14-2011 08:20 PM
Obama move would eliminate 8 of 10 pocketknives! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 06-10-2009 05:56 PM
Bill Would Grant President Unprecedented Cyber-security Powers! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 04-07-2009 03:30 PM
Iranian Armed Forces to cut off hands of violators: president tracker Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 07-14-2008 12:07 AM