Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Education on Undermining a Right by the Left (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/education-undermining-right-left-88825/)

MattShlock 04-15-2013 12:32 AM

Education on Undermining a Right by the Left

1 Attachment(s)
What have you seen, and what are you doing if anything, to counter the unending march towards anti-gun tyranny aided by the Dept. of Education and teacher's unions rank and file against us through our children? This is nothing new...

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
Marx

Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.
Lenin

Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.
Stalin

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.

Give me the youth, and Germany will rule the World.

Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state. The state will take youth and give to youth its own education and its own upbringing. Your child belongs to us already..what are you?

Hitler

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people… really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way… every day" The video is especially scary when you realize this is what they are willing to say in public!

Eric Holder (current US Attorney General)

Chainfire 04-15-2013 12:38 AM

Yea! "We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom. Hey! Teachers! Leave us kids alone. All and all we're just another brick in the wall.........."

Lets just do away with education! We could turn around the deficit with the savings.

Rocky7 04-15-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattShlock (Post 1214025)
What have you seen, and what are you doing if anything, to counter the unending march towards anti-gun tyranny aided by the Dept. of Education and teacher's unions rank and file against us through our children? This is nothing new...

Good question.

Freedom and personal responsibility are co-dependent. The "personal responsibility" part doesn't just mean holding someone accountable for their crimes; it also means taking personal responsibility for speaking up and standing up when others try to impose their will on us. It means taking personal responsibility to preserve and defend rights and conservative values. That means speaking up to individual teachers, at meetings and it means getting involved in politics; at least to the extent where you can speak up or donate to those who do.

Some of the teachers I've spoken to about guns and consequences agree with me, or say they do. Regardless, I speak my mind when I can and I wish everyone else did, too. I speak to my kids a lot about political issues, too, and ask what their teachers say about those issues.

We pay attention or we pay through the nose....this isn't any different.

texaswoodworker 04-15-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 1214034)
Yea! "We don't need no education. We don't need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom. Hey! Teachers! Leave us kids alone. All and all we're just another brick in the wall.........."

Lets just do away with education! We could turn around the deficit with the savings.

^In other words, he believes what those children were forced to write.^

Gatoragn 04-15-2013 01:44 AM

Just need to focus on the three R's. Readin', 'Ritin' and 'Rithmetic!

ShagNasty1001 04-15-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn
Just need to focus on the three R's. Readin', 'Ritin' and 'Rithmetic!

Edumication at its finest

bamashooter68 04-15-2013 02:16 AM

As a father I have made damn sure I educated my 3 children as much as their teachers did in school. I don't see as a parent how a teacher can brainwash a kid if the parent is actively involved in raising and educating their kids.

locutus 04-15-2013 03:10 AM

What do you expect from public schools?

Zombiegirl 04-15-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamashooter68
As a father I have made damn sure I educated my 3 children as much as their teachers did in school. I don't see as a parent how a teacher can brainwash a kid if the parent is actively involved in raising and educating their kids.

Exactly. It would be great if all parents took an active roll in the education of their children. Education is like a three-legged stool which should include the child, the parent, and the teacher all working together for the benefit of the child.

John_Deer 04-15-2013 04:03 AM

If you are a positive influence on your children the schools can not brainwash them. All the schools are teaching kids is how to play the political game at an early age, if you are a positive role model. They will learn to write what the teacher wants to see in order to get a good grade but they know what the is right if you do your part.