Education is the cure
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Education is the cure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default Education is the cure

I've been pouring over the last 20 years of Crime Statistics available from the FBI. You can view a majority of it here http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr/

But mine goes back to 1991. Now, I have a LOT MORE information to share in the very near future, it just requires an unbelievable amount of number crunching in order to illustrate the point that Gun Control is a Disease. Education is the cure.

But for now, here's a broad over view that i've put together. These are murders broken down, according to the FBI

For emphasis on current events, the Assault weapons ban of 1994 expired in Sept of 2004. It's pretty incredible what you see what you do the breakdown.

Stay tuned to Not A Blog for some verbal ammunition to use at the water cooler in the coming months. With the latest Shikh shooting, **** is about to hit the fan in the war on the 2nd Amendment.

Edit: I'm not sure why it's shrinking the image...so you can click here for a full sized version

stats.jpg  

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-06-2012 at 03:14 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 AM   #2

Liked 2672 Times on 1208 Posts
Likes Given: 2577

Interesting how more states are enacting the castle doctrine and ccw the lower the crime rate gets. Still the libs don't get it.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #3

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post

Stay tuned to Not A Blog for some verbal ammunition to use at the water cooler in the coming months. With the latest Shikh shooting, **** is about to hit the fan in the war on the 2nd Amendment.
here for a full sized version
Thank you,
Porkchop

People are becoming more and further aware of the little effects gun control has. If you've noticed, many people have been advocating recently that gun control doesn't seem to work, which is absolutely true.

If you look closely and see how the media portrays gun violence, it is quite obvious they are enemies of the 2nd Amendment and they are being controlled by anti gun advocates.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:15 AM   #4

A few more tidbits that are easily backed up (it'll all be in a BIG POST soon to come...im just too eager to wait and share)

Prescription drugs kill 6200% more Americans than homicidal shootings And according to CDC publishing, 290 people die every day from FDA approved drugs...that's 106,000 deaths per year.

In order for "mass shootings" to even come close to that number, there would have to be a "Colorado Theater Shooting" every hour of every day for an entire 365 days.

Yet, our President rallies against firearms, and supports Big Pharma. Could it be because of the $657,660 dollars in contributions to Obama from the big 3 Pharmaceutical company's in the country in 2011 alone?

It's amazing to me that when most people hear this, their eyes glaze over and they move on to the next episode of Dancing w/ the Stars.

People Like This 
Old 08-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6253 Times on 3514 Posts
Likes Given: 5841

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Interesting how more states are enacting the castle doctrine and ccw the lower the crime rate gets. Still the libs don't get it.
That's not hard to figure out.

Liberals think with their heart, not their head. At least that's what many of them have told me. "Make your decisions based on what your heart tells you, not on cold uncaring logic."

IOW, they're either not very bright or unbelievably naive.!

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #6

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Great post. The liberals suffer from Ostrich disease, head under sand so they can not see what is going on around them, A$$ in the air ready for a swift kick.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
I've been pouring over the last 20 years of Crime Statistics available from the FBI. You can view a majority of it here http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr/

But mine goes back to 1991. Now, I have a LOT MORE information to share in the very near future, it just requires an unbelievable amount of number crunching in order to illustrate the point that Gun Control is a Disease. Education is the cure.

But for now, here's a broad over view that i've put together. These are murders broken down, according to the FBI

For emphasis on current events, the Assault weapons ban of 1994 expired in Sept of 2004. It's pretty incredible what you see what you do the breakdown.

Edit: I'm not sure why it's shrinking the image...so you can click here for a full sized version
It would be nice to see the percentage of crimes committed using firearms by people who acquired their guns illegally and by people who legally acquired them. Without this, it's easy for gun-grabbers to point to that big 10,000+ number and say we need bans. You can torpedo that argument when you show that the overwhelming majority of gun owners who acquired their guns legally DO NOT commit crimes with them.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
It would be nice to see the percentage of crimes committed using firearms by people who acquired their guns illegally and by people who legally acquired them. Without this, it's easy for gun-grabbers to point to that big 10,000+ number and say we need bans. You can torpedo that argument when you show that the overwhelming majority of gun owners who acquired their guns legally DO NOT commit crimes with them.
That is part of the final report for sure =)

I don't have all of the information yet...some of this stuff is VERY hard to find from credible sources (I refuse to use a "Blog" as a source unless they quote something reputable and cite it)

So it's taking longer, but in addition to that i'm covering the % of increase of CCW and Castle Doctrine

in the end, no matter how in depth we go, though, the gun grabbers will just ignore it. I realize this...but I still wanted to put it together =)

Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #9

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
I'd like to see the comparison between gun crimes in cities that are "gun free" vs gun crime in cities that allow ccw. Chicago, anyone?
Old 08-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
I'd like to see the comparison between gun crimes in cities that are "gun free" vs gun crime in cities that allow ccw. Chicago, anyone?
Chicago is a huge focal point of my argument =)

But by all means, please keep adding the "i'd like to see this ______" because i'd love to add all ideas....the more verbal ammunition we have for this battle....the better!