E Mail from Oregon Firearms Federation
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > E Mail from Oregon Firearms Federation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default E Mail from Oregon Firearms Federation

Subject: [OFF Alert] Oregon Firearms Update.
To: offmail@oregonfirearms.org
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 9:49 AM

Oregon Firearms Federation
PO Box 556
Canby, OR 97013

Voice: (503) 263-5830

http://www.oregonfirearms.org
OFF ALERT 02.06.13

Updates On Gun RIghts

The Oregon Legislature returned to work on Monday. From now on, anything can happen, so be prepared.

There are a few things you need to know.

While numerous Oregon Sheriffs (and actually, sheriffs nationwide) have made it clear that they will oppose any attempts by the Obama administration to ram through dangerous and unconstitutional gun grabs, the Oregon Sheriff’s Association, as a group, has decided to take a dive.

In an email to Oregon’s sheriffs, the President of the OSA, Jason Myers, of Marion County, said the following about gun rights:

"After a very robust conversation on this issue it was the consensus of the Sheriffs present that our Association should not take a formal stance on this issue. At this meeting it was also agreed that I should reach out to US Attorney Amanda Marshall to notify her of our Association position and intent by the Sheriffs present to work collaboratively with our Federal partners' agencies.”

This is a very troubling and dangerous position. The county sheriffs are the supreme law enforcement officers in their jurisdiction. For Myers to speak for all sheriffs and say they won’t "take a...stance" on this issue and “reach out” to the Feds who are working overtime to eliminate your rights is nothing short of frightening. The Sheriff’s Association, as an organization, has climbed in bed with the tyrants who want to disarm you and your family.

Voters in Clackamas County should also know that their sheriff, Craig Roberts, has waffled and played the politician with this response to our inquiry on his position on this issue:

"Thanks so much for taking the time to contact me. Though I have not made a public comment about my stance, I would like to let you know that I have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of Oregon, and I support all of the rights and freedoms that it guarantees. I am following the debate and meeting with other local leaders about this subject.”

What, exactly, does THAT mean?

Clearly lines are being drawn. The Department of “Homeland” Security has placed an order for 7000 machine guns which they call “personal defense weapons.” These are the guns that would be “assault weapons” if you owned them.

The Social Security Administration is buying millions of rounds of hollow point ammo. The Social Security Administration... really? Something is not right here. At the risk of overstating things, it’s clear that the government considers “we the people” to be a threat.

Please try to join us on Friday at the Capitol for a day to recognize the benefits of firearms ownership. The event is from 10 to 2 at the Capitol. Open,loaded, carry is legal there anywhere for CHL holders.

If you do not have a CHL, you may carry openly but NOT loaded. We have received many questions about this and please understand: we do NOT support these rules. We just want you to be informed.

Hope to see you there.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #2
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 962 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Great post. Keep the fires burning, keep the people awake.

The 7,000 personal defense weapons as they call it, full auto .308 Winchester. Not 5.56 or 9mm, .308. YIKES! What does the people's gov of the United States need with flame throwers like that?

They have ordered almost two billion rounds of ammo, our military cannot use, because it breaks humanitarian war laws, too deadly.

So we can't defend our shores with this ammo, shooting at an enemy, but my gov can shoot this ammo at me? Shoot this ammo at us?