Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Driving through Illinois

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #21
That didn't last long... Flyers during Shero's era!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1443 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybigguns View Post
BTW I keep all three of these documents in my center console along with my 1911.
I keep those three documents in a place that I can get to without looking like I'm going for my gun. And my intention is to have those documents out before the officer gets up to my car during a traffic stop. I don't particularly care whether the law requires me to inform the officer of my permit status. I want to be able to inform them in a way that does not even vaguely resemble the phrase "I've got a gun (permit)" since I won't get as far as "permit" before they go on the defensive. If I hand them my carry permit, their first question is almost certainly going to be "Are you carrying?" or "Are you armed?". I figure answering Yes to those questions is much less threatening to the officer. If he feels safer, I'm probably safer!

EDIT: The above applies to anyplace where I could legally carry. In spite of the recent law, I doubt Illinois will ever be a safe place to carry a concealed weapon. At present, only an Illinois permit (which are not available yet) would allow anyone to carry. No reciprocity. Since I'm from Oklahoma, I would not be legal. In such case, I'd probably leave the gun locked up unloaded in the trunk, provide only the DL and insurance card and say nothing to the officer about the permit.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

Last edited by Balota; 08-05-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #22

Liked 189 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 153

Quote:
Must have been on the South side of Chicago!
Yep that is correct, that is where most of the money is from drug deals.

I was born and raised in Chicago back in the 40's, 50's & 60's. It was a completely different city then. People were proud to say they were from Chicago, Not any more. I moved out of the city in the 70's and have not been back there since. (53 years ago).

I wouldn't let my wife go back (she was born and raised there). If you can avoid Chicago, do so at all costs.

Jim

Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4471 Times on 2358 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephMD View Post
Sounds good - confirming what I thought already. I don't plan on stopping in that state at all, the kids can take some pictures of Chicago from the moving car!

thats a good plan. that place is worse than going to downtown fallujah with a star of david on your forehead and yelling "where all the mullahs at!!"

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

flounder Likes This