Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Drill baby drill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1795 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Default Drill baby drill

Dear Friends,
I think it is time all Americans stand up against the dependence of foreign oil!
We have an abundance of oil right here in the United States of America. They are presently worried about drilling off shore. So don't! We have more oil here on US soil than all the Arabic countries combined. And on terra firma (Ground)! Alaska, Texas, the western plain states and the Midwest!
As far as the tree huggers! How far do they have to go dragging America down before we get tired of it. Tobacco Farmers gone for the most part putting some people in poverty along with Coal Mines closed. Highways can't be built because of the Snail Garter! And what else! Only God knows and I am sure you can think of many others. As some of you know I hunt in Texas and close to several oil producing areas. Never have I seen that it effected the terrain and certainly not the wildlife. I have shot a many of big buck, pig and even coyote within the sound and sight of an oil rig while it was pumping. And should a situation occur with a ground well it is certainly easier to control and correct. Electric Cars BS. Lets Drill!
In our E-mails and all of our correspondence we should start adopting the phrase and include it! *DRILL BABY DRILL! Maybe finally the thick headed politicians might get the hint that the majority of the American people think it is time to stop being dependent upon the enemy! Who is using our money spent for oil indirectly to kill our fine troops and tear down America.
Good God America! Wake UP! Gas at $5.00 a gallon soon! And may not stop going up!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #2

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

See... even Charlie Crist wants to 'Drill Baby, Drill'

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
Supporting Member

Liked 1795 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Cane,

Certainly can not blame him there !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2011, 03:28 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

here is the biggest problem with the drilling. The numb nuts contractors send the fracking material into the ground and eff up drinking water while mining natural gas. Then you get BP effing up with the oil well in the Gulf of Mexico. If we are going to drill here on our soil they need a company to do it right or not at all. That's where I stand on the oil drilling. Don't cut corners and clean sh!t up properly. That's what would get the vote from the American people as well.

Sorry for the rant but theres to many eff ups out there in control of this kind of thing.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Doc, I agree with you, but what I do NOT want to see is the federal government making MORE legislation and regulation which would drive the costs up, If a company effs up, they have to pay up.

And where does the federal government get the right to dictate what or who gets to do what in the states? Each state should be allowed to drill or not drill, their choice, not the kings!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
Retired

Liked 2267 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 1058

Oil is a world market commodity. Any that we produce would go to the world market and not stay in the U.S.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 05-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Oil is a world market commodity. Any that we produce would go to the world market and not stay in the U.S.
I didn't know that, is there a treaty or an agreement of some sort? Or is that just the way it has been done.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Retired

Liked 2267 Times on 1356 Posts
Likes Given: 1058

How does oil get its price per barrel? Not from the NY Stock exchange or NASDAQ.

Check this out: http://nordhaus.econ.yale.edu/documents/iew_052909.pdf

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Last edited by danf_fl; 05-05-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5593 Times on 3290 Posts
Likes Given: 4675

I still wish that it was easier to get a car converted to run on relatively cheap & available (from US sources) compressed natural gas. By easier, i don't mean technically, i mean regulatorially or legally or economically.
http://naturalgasvehicles.com/cngprices.htm

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Last edited by orangello; 05-05-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:01 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
How does oil get its price per barrel? Not from the NY Stock exchange or NASDAQ.

Check this out: http://nordhaus.econ.yale.edu/documents/iew_052909.pdf
I read as much of that guys crap as I could take, he sounds like he works for the UN!! The fact is, we have enough oil here to be virtually independent from mid-east oil, we need to drill it, process it, and use it right here at home and to hell with the the mid-east! We need the fuel, the jobs and the money here. If there is enough left over we can sell it, but we need to worry about our own house instead of keeping the Saudis rich.

I am still trying to find where in the constitution it says the federal government can tell the states they can't drill in THEIR STATE!! I have read through it and can't find it, anyone wanna point it out to me? Maybe I am missing it...