Draft Questions - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Draft Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I believe I did it on the website. I was 17. My school told us we had to do it while 17 years young. I believe that was in 2005.

I got the Gillette razor too. I used it for years. I might still have the handle. Those things are expensive!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 906 Times on 563 Posts
Likes Given: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
And yes, you are legally required to sign up for it. You must do it between the ages of 18 and 25.
I didn't have too. I turned 18 during that brief time after Vietnam when there was no registration requirement, and I was older than the age range once registration resumed later.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #33
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr

I didn't have too. I turned 18 during that brief time after Vietnam when there was no registration requirement, and I was older than the age range once registration resumed later.
1979-July 15th- I turned 19. The next day I "enlisted" according to Dad, anything less then "the point" or ROTC at a top tier school was "enlisting....." Even if your going in as a WOC(Warrant Officer Candidate) with an associates degree...a few months later mt parents get a letter from Selective service that I never signed up....my dad had to get someone on the phone to tell them they can go arrest me at Ft. Dix...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #34
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 327 Posts

The two things I did when I turned 18 was sign up for selective service and register to vote.
I don't remember ever getting a razor. But then again I went and joined the army shortly after graduating high school.

"I'm an A**hole"
People Like This 
Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #35
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7791 Times on 3988 Posts
Likes Given: 8889

I was cheated, No razor for me! But that was back in 1979 when nothing was free except heartburn! I wasnt worried about them drafting me, I joined the next year and spent 21 glorious years as a GI. Best and worst decision I ever made all wrapped up into one! I would do it again I suppose but next time it would be Cha-Air Force all the way! Army Chow, Quarters and working conditions kinda sucked! I saw how the Fly Boys lived and it was much better!
People Like This 
Old 10-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #36
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4832

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I believe I did it on the website. I was 17. My school told us we had to do it while 17 years young. I believe that was in 2005.

I got the Gillette razor too. I used it for years. I might still have the handle. Those things are expensive!
Which Gillette razor is it? I use the Fusion, and generally buy in bulk at BJ's. If you have that one, I wouldn't mind sending you some blades, as I only really shave once a week.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #37

Liked 461 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I signed up 3 years ago and never got the razor.... And I use the crap out of those suckers!
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I signed up 3 years ago and never got the razor.... And I use the crap out of those suckers!
I signed up in 1992. I didn't get anything. However, when I enlisted the following year, I got stationed in Hawaii... so it evened out.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
People Like This 
Old 10-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #39

Liked 2103 Times on 1157 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

That was a long time ago. I think I registered while I was 17. It seemed odd though. It was odd because I did it at an Army base while I was already in the Army Reserve. I enlisted when I was 17. Then I re-enlisted 1 year later and went regular Army. I remember that I was asked to fill out the selective service card when I finished basic and AIT as I was being sent home for reserve duty. I thought it would have made a lot more sense to simply activate my unit.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 10-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
That was a long time ago. I think I registered while I was 17. It seemed odd though. It was odd because I did it at an Army base while I was already in the Army Reserve. I enlisted when I was 17. Then I re-enlisted 1 year later and went regular Army. I remember that I was asked to fill out the selective service card when I finished basic and AIT as I was being sent home for reserve duty. I thought it would have made a lot more sense to simply activate my unit.
Wait... the military make sense? Sorry, are you new here??

I kid, but only because I've never known that many things relating to the military to make sense, especially the policies...

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere
People Like This