Don't Let This Happen Here - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Let This Happen Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It needs to be made clear that even the so-called responsible gun laws are bad news. The first laws in England was that guns could not be sold to felons and minors and you needed a license to possess one that could be obtained from the post office for a fee. Kind of reminds me of a concealed carry permit.

And since it could be done so easily, there was no opposition. And it took a while, but now England is totally disarmed. It doesn't matter how easy it is to get a permit. You may have to spin around in a circle and pay a penny to get a permit, but it doesn't matter, it only gets worst, and somehow, we have to get freedom from all registrations and permits from the government. Local, state, and federal governments included.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Anyone ever noticed that the last two digits in the years major gun laws were signed are always divisible by 3 and 4? 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994. 3 will always go into one of the numbers and 4 will always go into the other. I have always found it.... odd.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2250 Times on 1224 Posts
Likes Given: 3512

A short history of British gun control:

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2010/tle558-20100221-07.html

Of special significance is the fact that the Brits outlawed the carrying of guns for self defense in 1953. It is now a criminal offense to defend oneself in nearly any situation.

Last edited by alsaqr; 07-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Anyone ever noticed that the last two digits in the years major gun laws were signed are always divisible by 3 and 4? 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994. 3 will always go into one of the numbers and 4 will always go into the other. I have always found it.... odd.
Anyone ever notice that the 1st two digits are always 19!

Anyone ever notice that the middle two numbers all start with a 9!

Anyone ever notice that the only numbers missing are 2, 5, and 7!

And that if you add 2+5+7, you get 14! That's one more than 13!!!

Spooky!

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #15

As I recall, "shall not be infringed" is not followed by "except certain firearms and high cap mags"

If I am a law abiding citizen, I should be able to, without question, own a M1 Abrams tank if I so desire

Old 07-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #16

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The gun control in the U.K. has always been a pain in my ass for our cousins over the water. But there is not much I can do to help them except carry on the fight for gun rights here and hope they take note and do the same there.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #17

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianJoe View Post
As I recall, "shall not be infringed" is not followed by "except certain firearms and high cap mags"

If I am a law abiding citizen, I should be able to, without question, own a M1 Abrams tank if I so desire
These days "shall not be infringed." means " lets regulate guns out of existence, while we, as legislators trusted to do a job by

the general public, suck up to special interests, pander more votes,

and,in general, make a sham of properly governing this once-great nation."

Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #18

The Second Amendment does not address "self defense" but rather the defense of the entire nation by the militia which is every able person....

One of the HUGE debates the framers of our Constitution had was whether or not to even include a Bill of Rights. The reasoning was that it might turn out that future government may "interpret" the Constitution as granting only certain rights instead of protecting certain rights. That would mean that if the "Right" was not "granted" by the bill of rights, then the "right" did not actually exist....that is currently the view of many people today.

But, the framers, and most reasonable people, understand that there are certain rights that need no special explanation and are in existence as "natural" or God given rights.

One of those "natural, or God given, rights is the absolute right to self defense. Ask around among liberals and conservatives and most will agree that humans have the right to defend themselves from harm...the difference will be in just "how" that defense is to be undertaken.

It is my view that in the act of self defense, any means that accomplishes the goal is more than acceptable. I feel that firearms are an invaluable tool for anyone to use in self defense and since all have the right to defend themselves from harm, all have the right to have the best tools they can get for the job....only exception is cases where other people have taken on the 24/7 responsibility for providing security...that would be certain institutions and all jails and prisons.

Like Mr. Jefferson said, "no free man shall be debarred the use of arms."

Old 07-21-2011, 03:29 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

It's just like the old "GIve 'em an Inch. . ." saying. Despite the fact that it took almost a decade to disarm the citizens of The "Once Great" Britain, it still happened. Sad story. . . Even sadder how the morons on that forum reacted!!!

That's why we cannot allow any ground to be gained as far as any of our Constitutional Rights go, especially the 2nd Amendment. Because if we don't have the 2nd, then we don't have the means to ultimately protect the rest. . .

Old 07-21-2011, 03:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
It's just like the old "GIve 'em an Inch. . ." saying. Despite the fact that it took almost a decade to disarm the citizens of The "Once Great" Britain, it still happened. Sad story. . . Even sadder how the morons on that forum reacted!!!

That's why we cannot allow any ground to be gained as far as any of our Constitutional Rights go, especially the 2nd Amendment. Because if we don't have the 2nd, then we don't have the means to ultimately protect the rest. . .
Correct! And the people on that forum must've been smoking crack or something. What the hell kind of drugs are they on???