Don't Let This Happen Here
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Let This Happen Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Don't Let This Happen Here

Here is what happens when the 2nd Ammendment gets destroyed: England's Story - NFSCars Forums

And it all started with "reasonable" and "responsible" gun laws. All permits and registrations to own and carry guns (or any other type of arms whether they be knives, brass knuckles, nunchucks etc.) should be done away with. They'll lead to nothing but trouble.

Alot of gun control laws are sold under the lie that they prevent crime and they make the public safer. And the public, many of whom are willing to sacrifice their rights for a feeling of safety (they're not actually safe, they just want the feeling). I always said that if every gun in Detroit disappeared tonight, crime would remain the same. The guns would be replaced in most cases with knives and blunt objects (which in some cases can do more damage than a gun). And there would be some criminals that would eventually get access to more guns. Although you can't really blame the public, they're just reacting to 50 years of propoganda concerning guns.

Some of you may have family that are anti-gun like I do. I could tell my family right now I have a gun for self defense and it would cause much commotion. But I could tell them I have a baseball bat for self defense and a few comments may be made and the subject will be forgotten in a few minutes. The difference is there has been no massive media propoganda against baseball bats like there has been against guns. This has to stop.

I remember as a child in pre-school I would make finger guns and I was told by my teacher that guns are bad and only bad people use guns.

Last edited by clip11; 07-18-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #2

Liked 2498 Times on 1423 Posts
Likes Given: 1946

Screw "gun control". Let's have "law control", where legislators get

thrown in prison for making crappy regulations...

Old 07-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

I agree 100%

Old 07-18-2011, 01:39 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I feel as though I could definately do much more damage to a person with my sword than I could with a hand gun... But my sword is not concealable and its not a ranged weapon.

I am against every law that restricts a citizens ability to do anything that doesn't infringe on another citizens rights.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 07-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #5

personally I think there should be zero regulations on what fire arm people can own.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #6

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
personally I think there should be zero regulations on what fire arm people can own.
While I am 100% gun rights I do think there should be some gun control laws, very few but still some. The laws I support are simple, if you start just waving your gun around for no reason you go to jail, if you are a convicted felon (particulary violent crimes) you should not own an mg, or if you are proven to have a mental defect and are known to be violent you should not own a gun. Other than that yes the regs should go away. If I wish to protect my home with a .50cal browning mg that should be my right. If I wish to open carry or conceal carry without getting the states ok that should be my right.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:09 AM   #7

Liked 2498 Times on 1423 Posts
Likes Given: 1946

I always thought the word for ANYBODY who

tried to subvert the Constitution was TREASON!

Hypocrisy, cowardice, and subjugation of the sheeple

should have our turncoat administration brought

up on charges.

These people aren't fit to be in charge of a

maggot ridden used diaper, and they don't even have the

good sense, brains, class, or humility to be ashamed of

their actions in front of an enraged nation.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 3192

England has long been anti-gun. By the time of WWII most of the guns in England had been confiscated on some whim or the other. After Hitler attacked England from the air, thousands of US citizens were asked to donate guns to help Brit citizens protect themselves from German invasion. The guns were supposed to be returned after the war, most were never returned.

There are no "states rights" in England. The antigun Brit gov't sent their thugs to tiny Pitcairn Island in the South Pacific to confiscate guns from Fletcher Christian's descendents.

The police do not report on thousands of gun crimes in order to keep their beloved status quo and to avoid alarming the sheeple.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2798353/Knife-and-gun-crime-have-been-under-reported-police-memo-admits.html

IMO: Although we need to be ever vigilant, anti-gun and anti-self defense laws in England will have little or no effect on the US.

Last edited by alsaqr; 07-18-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

Indeed. But real gun control is being able to hit your target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I feel as though I could definately do much more damage to a person with my sword than I could with a hand gun... But my sword is not concealable and its not a ranged weapon.
You can outrun a sword blade, but not a bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I am against every law that restricts a citizens ability to do anything that doesn't infringe on another citizens rights.
This.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
I agree, but let's take it to the right level to begin debate: there is nothing in the Constitution about firearms. 2A only refers to "arms". As in any arms, not just firearms.