Don't Do This!!!! - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:58 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
So you believe the only folks who should be allowed to carry in public are cops? Boy nothing like pi$$ing in your own Cheerios, you claim to be a pro 2nd amendment freedom loving gun owner and yet you will sit here and claim that someone open carrying where it's perfectly legal should be assume a criminal simply because they posses a firearm without a badge? I'm glad folks like you don't make the laws.
What I am saying is you can't tell the good guy from the bad guy with street clothes. I said in the beginning concealed carry is my choice. And I used the term freak not a criminal.
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 AM   #82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Unfortunately, they do.... Can you guess which states suck to be a gun owner?
Ya, unfortunately my state is one of the blues, however it is getting more red every year. If it weren't for welfare clogged cesspools of Milwaukee and Madison we would be completely red. Not that I believe it to be a red vs blue issue as much as a conservative vs libtard issue.
__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

blucoondawg is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:01 AM   #83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,589
Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
What I am saying is you can't tell the good guy from the bad guy with street clothes. I said in the beginning concealed carry is my choice. And I used the term freak not a criminal.
There are indicators, and markers that identify a persons intentions...

Person shopping with a gun on their back... Okay, I'd keep an eye on him, but he's obviously not doing harm.

Firing into a crowd, wearing a ski mask, screaming "Alluah Ahkbah"..probably bad.... That's a bad open carry. Bad.
__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 AM   #84
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
What I am saying is you can't tell the good guy from the bad guy with street clothes. I said in the beginning concealed carry is my choice. And I used the term freak not a criminal.
Well in the context in which you used it I believe the term Freak to be synonymous with criminal, you are insinuating that a plain clothes individual is a risk to the people around him simply because he is legally carrying a gun. If he is a risk that means there is a chance he will rob or shoot someone in cold blood simply because he is carrying. Freak, criminal, same thing.
__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

blucoondawg is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 AM   #85
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

The funny part of this is if someone called because they weren't used to seeing people with guns and the cops showed up and shot you.... the report would say he had a gun and the police shot him. The End-

__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #86
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,973
Liked 8279 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10708

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
I will never do that-
Glad to hear it. Especially in this highly volatile climate right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I would never personally open carry but I'm not going to beat this guy up either.
We had two guys walking one of NE portlands affluent neighborhoods last week with AR's slung in a similar fashion.
I know the habitual lemmings in CA over reacted there but neither Utah or Oregon are Commifornia and perhaps doings this will ensure they never are?

Especially is the activists are polite, well spoken, and willing to courteously address questions from the public.

Tack
I don't think I am beating this guy up, but I do question his judgement in doing what he did where he did it just a few weeks after the Newtown shooting when there is legislation pending. I just think it shows bad form.

I think the difference might be the location. If you are walking down the street with your AR where it is legal it may be perceived differently than if you are in a shopping mall. Do you think those two would not have been perceived as a potential threat had they been walking a mall instead of a neighborhood? Maybe maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Exactly, I feel the reason so many people are so bothered by seeing guns in public is that for so many years nobody has carried other than the bad guys they see on the news and portrayed on tv shows. In a sense open carry if done with the proper tact will help reacclimate some folks to the fact that good people have guns too and they aren't going to hurt anyone, unless they have it coming. Maybe help bring back some common sense in the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" mentality.
This is true, but again, just a few weeks after the recent shooting ans with pending legislation I think it is poor judgement. His actions are now in the national (probably global) public eye now and it will affect the discussion in Congress and I don't think it will be in a positive way for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I think they're bitter because they see open carry of rifles as the reason California lost their open carry rights, when the reality is, California lost their rights around the same time the state lost its mind.
I am disappointed, not bitter. I also would like others to learn from what has happened here.

While loaded open carry was ended in the early '70's under Reagan, unloaded open carry did not end until just a year ago for handguns and then long guns were included 4 months ago. California lost its mind probably somewhere in between.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 AM   #87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,589
Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Well in the context in which you used it I believe the term Freak to be synonymous with criminal, you are insinuating that a plain clothes individual is a risk to the people around him simply because he is legally carrying a gun. If he is a risk that means there is a chance he will rob or shoot someone in cold blood simply because he is carrying. Freak, criminal, same thing.
I was at the gun range, and had to put everyone down... they were all wearing street clothes. I couldn't tell, man.... it was...awful.
__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:05 AM   #88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1turkeyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 479
Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin

There are indicators, and markers that identify a persons intentions...

Person shopping with a gun on their back... Okay, I'd keep an eye on him, but he's obviously not doing harm.

Firing into a crowd, wearing a ski mask, screaming "Alluah Ahkbah"..probably bad.... That's a bad open carry. Bad.
Now thats some funny s**t! I agree, very bad.
__________________
1turkeyhunter is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #89
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,589
Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Default

Dude, California lost it's mind when Hollywood set up shop, and every frufru weirdo "artist" started flocking there in droves...Been that way since the 1920's.
Then the 60's hit, and the commies started flocking there, and spreading up the coast like a virus...infecting Seattle, and Portland. Now that they've ruined the state, they're metastasizing in Boulder and Denver, ruining Colorado. Asheville, North Carolina, and Atlanta Georgia are becoming new breeding grounds as well...

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #90
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
The funny part of this is if someone called because they weren't used to seeing people with guns and the cops showed up and shot you.... the report would say he had a gun and the police shot him. The End-
If a cop responded to a call about someone legally carrying a rifle slung on their shoulder and shot them dead that cop would be in a serious world of $hit. If you would support a cop killing someone in such a situation you have serious issues.
__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012


Last edited by blucoondawg; 01-20-2013 at 04:16 AM.
blucoondawg is offline  
2
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes