Don't Do This!!!! - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

For those of you who disapprove of open carry, I personally like it simply due to the fact that I cannot carry any other way. I am a 19 year old responsible gun owner, and am not, nor can I be permitted to conceal carry. When I am with family or people I care about I, like all of you, feel the need to protect them from a situation if it were to arise. However, once I can carry concealed I plan to do so all the time. In the mean time, I'll keep my Glock 19 on my hip whenever I can.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #72

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Exactly, I feel the reason so many people are so bothered by seeing guns in public is that for so many years nobody has carried other than the bad guys they see on the news and portrayed on tv shows. In a sense open carry if done with the proper tact will help reacclimate some folks to the fact that good people have guns too and they aren't going to hurt anyone, unless they have it coming. Maybe help bring back some common sense in the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" mentality.
I think this is the confusion, the only way to know who the good people are, is if they are wearing a uniform and a badge. If they don't they will just look freakish and represent people like George Zimmerman.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #73

Liked 4152 Times on 2033 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
I think this is the confusion, the only way to know who the good people are, is if they are wearing a uniform and a badge. If they don't they will just look freakish and represent people like George Zimmerman.
Or you have the unintended consequence of reinforcing the notion that we live in a police state and that's acceptable...

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #74

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
I think this is the confusion, the only way to know who the good people are, is if they are wearing a uniform and a badge. If they don't they will just look like freakish and represent people like George Zimmerman.
So you believe the only folks who should be allowed to carry in public are cops? Boy nothing like pi$$ing in your own Cheerios, you claim to be a pro 2nd amendment freedom loving gun owner and yet you will sit here and claim that someone open carrying where it's perfectly legal should be assume a criminal simply because they posses a firearm without a badge? I'm glad folks like you don't make the laws.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #75

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Or you have the unintended consequence of reinforcing the notion that we live in a police state and that's acceptable...
we do live in a police state ! There are laws we all follow, without them .... what ?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #76

Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

So when are you all going to go out and open carry with your AR strapped to your back
When I deem it necessary and feel the need to exercise my God given right.
Fortunately, I live in a more firearm friendly state, and still have the option to do so.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I'm glad folks like you don't make the laws.
Unfortunately, they do.... Can you guess which states suck to be a gun owner?
obama-romney-electoral-map-1.jpg  

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #78

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

I think you guys are assassinating this guys character without knowing what was in his head or his heart when he decided to do this. Sounds like he took precautions calling the cops ahead of time. And by his statement he wanted to show "assault" weapons arn't dangerous in the hands of law abiding citizens and I think he did just that. Also he was carrying unloaded. Which I think his olive branch was a little too extended there . If I were going to carry a AR it would definitely be loaded cause you just made yourself bait if a bad guy is thinking your weapon would look cool next to his black and gold latin king flag on his living room wall !!!

I don't open carry because

A) My state doesn't allow it unless on your way to or from hunting fishing ect ect

And

B) Cause I prefer to conceal carry

However I once heard someone say " If you dont exercise your rights , you'll never notice when they are taken . "

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #79

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
we do live in a police state ! There are laws we all follow, without them .... what ?
Yes there are laws we follow, we aren't advocating breaking any law we are saying there isn't anything wrong with carrying in public where legal, you are calling us criminals for doing so without a badge.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 01-20-2013, 03:57 AM   #80

Quote:
No...We live in a Democratic Republic...NOT a police state.

Closed Thread