Don't Do This!!!! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I am an advocate of open carry. I live in a rural area. Defense of my property often requires a sidearm larger than I can conceal. Most of the time when I open carry I am on my own property. Yet there are occasions when I run up to the feed store or to get fuel and I forget about the cannon hanging off my hip. It's legal and no one takes me wrong. It should remain legal.

Those who do stupid stuff like open carry in a shopping center or an urban area should be charged with brandishing a firearm or displaying a firearm to the terror of the people. (or whatever they call it - we can see why I dropped out of law school). The state of NC makes it easy for anyone with a good record to get a concealed permit.
Open carry in public where open carry is legal is not brandishing anything nor should anyone practicing their right be charged with anything. The douchebag who calls the law over such a thing should be politely informed of the law by the leo and if that doesn't sink in then that person should be arrested for filing false police reports, if the leo is the one with the problem and arrests the law abiding citizen then that leo should lose his job and his city or county should be sued for allowing such ignorant injustices to take place. I don't see anything wrong with carrying a rifle down the road on my shoulder I see people do it all the time and it is perfectly legal here as is open carry of handguns. I don't open carry a handgun but if it were the only legal option I would do so, and it was the only legal option up until a year ago and people did open carry, but I suppose in your great wisdom those people were all stupid idiots who were running around brandishing weapons to terrorize the public? What you and the liberals see as terrorizing the public many gun owners see as practicing a god given right, if it's legal where they are let them alone.
__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

blucoondawg is offline  
Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,438
Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
When I read it I just don't see the part about intimidating politicians- to stand outside their office and threaten them - they are americans as well and how does that work ? You make it sound like it is a war between us and them ... but they are the same as you and I.


A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
I think you're misinterpreting me... We can have a differing opinion on this, and that's fine, I'll still like you.
I'm not calling for standing outside of politicians, threatening them, following them... nothing like that. I just think that from time to time, people do this and it reminds our politicians what they're up against... and sometimes, it is "us against them"...it sure as **** is in New York right now.

Let the anti-gunners point to what happened in Utah, their mind is made up, and they're trying to grasp sympathy to their cause...to which I reply, "Yes, and how many people got hurt by that man? How do you know he didn't thwart a mass shooting that day?"
__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #63
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,779
Liked 8098 Times on 4676 Posts
Likes Given: 10452

Default

Maybe you all are right. This guy is just making a much needed political statement like Rosa frigging Parks or Mohandas frigging Gandhi.. My bad. We should lift him up onto a pedestal as our symbol of peaceful protest in favor of gun rights and the Second Amendment.

So when are you all going to go out and open carry with your AR strapped to your back (good luck bringing it to bear quickly if the sh!t hits the fan!) when you go down to the local JC Penny store to get some underwear. You will forgive me for not joining you as open carry of unloaded long guns is already illegal in CA as of just 4 months ago.

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I think you're misinterpreting me... We can have a differing opinion on this, and that's fine, I'll still like you.
I'm not calling for standing outside of politicians, threatening them, following them... nothing like that. I just think that from time to time, people do this and it reminds our politicians what they're up against... and sometimes, it is "us against them"...it sure as **** is in New York right now.

Let the anti-gunners point to what happened in Utah, their mind is made up, and they're trying to grasp sympathy to their cause...to which I reply, "Yes, and how many people got hurt by that man? How do you know he didn't thwart a mass shooting that day?"
I don't think I misinterpreted you, you said-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Yeah...hopefully the conversation goes like this..

"Hey, we have the anti-gun bill for you to sign."

"Uh...they're walking around with machine guns outside...I think I'll let this bill die."
And then you said


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
The POINT of the Second Amendment IS to intimidate our politicians... It doesn't mean threaten them. It means, they should know that there is an armed populace, that they represent...they should NATURALLY be intimidated...

Here...UNINTIMIDATED politicians...
Have you been drinking this evening
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #65
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,438
Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Default

I don't drink.

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 AM   #66
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Maybe you all are right. This guy is just making a much needed political statement like Rosa frigging Parks or Mohandas frigging Gandhi.. My bad. We should lift him up onto a pedestal as our symbol of peaceful protest in favor of gun rights and the Second Amendment.

So when are you all going to go out and open carry with your AR strapped to your back (good luck bringing it to bear quickly if the sh!t hits the fan!) when you go down to the local JC Penny store to get some underwear. You will forgive me for not joining you as open carry of unloaded long guns is already illegal in CA as of just 4 months ago.
I will never do that-
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 AM   #67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,920
Liked 4705 Times on 2276 Posts
Likes Given: 1437

Default

I would never personally open carry but I'm not going to beat this guy up either.
We had two guys walking one of NE portlands affluent neighborhoods last week with AR's slung in a similar fashion.
I know the habitual lemmings in CA over reacted there but neither Utah or Oregon are Commifornia and perhaps doings this will ensure they never are?

Especially is the activists are polite, well spoken, and willing to courteously address questions from the public.

Tack

__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:37 AM   #68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,438
Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Default

LOL...

Glock vs. 1911

9mm vs. 45

Open carry vs. Concealed carry...

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #69
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I would never personally open carry but I'm not going to beat this guy up either.
We had two guys walking one of NE portlands affluent neighborhoods last week with AR's slung in a similar fashion.
I know the habitual lemmings in CA over reacted there but neither Utah or Oregon are Commifornia and perhaps doings this will ensure they never are?

Especially is the activists are polite, well spoken, and willing to courteously address questions from the public.

Tack
Exactly, I feel the reason so many people are so bothered by seeing guns in public is that for so many years nobody has carried other than the bad guys they see on the news and portrayed on tv shows. In a sense open carry if done with the proper tact will help reacclimate some folks to the fact that good people have guns too and they aren't going to hurt anyone, unless they have it coming. Maybe help bring back some common sense in the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" mentality.
__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

blucoondawg is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #70
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,438
Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Default

I think they're bitter because they see open carry of rifles as the reason California lost their open carry rights, when the reality is, California lost their rights around the same time the state lost its mind.

__________________

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Mosin is offline  
2
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes