Don't Do This!!!! - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

I don't understand what Lance Armstrong has to do with my statement that "I wouldn't want to be the one to take guns from people."

All I know about Lance Armstrong is that he's the douche who convinced everyone it was cool to dress in tight spandex and clog the roads I drive with 15mph bicycles.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

sputnik1988 Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 AM   #52

Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

Well, I posted the exact same thing in the media forum first, but since this post is blowing up, i'll put my two cents in.
I understand where everyone is coming from, hes an idiot, moron, starting trouble, whatever.....
IMHO I feel that if he did nothing wrong! It is his right to protest how he chooses, and as long as its legal, then whats the problem? This guy choosing to legally open carry a rifle in public to make a statement is not much different than people choosing to put bumper stickers on their vehicles to make a statement.
I use to open carry all the time before getting my CCW, not to try and act like a badass, not to scare people, and definitely not to put open carry legality in jeopardy, but to support the 2A, and legally exercise my right to enjoy my freedom in this country! I dont understand tiptoeing around something that is completely legal to do because your afraid that right might be taken away! If thats the case and your gonna live in fear from it, then they might as well take that right away!
Im not trying to jump in to a huge debate, im sure many here dont see as I do, but thats why I originally posted it in the "firearms in the media" section, because I do see this as a positive act! We are all here for the same reason, (other than the occasional jackwagon) and the left are bad enough, no reason to turn against each other!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #53

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I don't understand what Lance Armstrong has to do with my statement that "I wouldn't want to be the one to take guns from people."

All I know about Lance Armstrong is that he's the douche who convinced everyone it was cool to dress in tight spandex and clog the roads I drive with 15mph bicycles.
It is the same intimidation you used here-
Quote:
Yeah...hopefully the conversation goes like this..

"Hey, we have the anti-gun bill for you to sign."

"Uh...they're walking around with machine guns outside...I think I'll let this bill die."

Old 01-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #54

LOL at you all...

"Switzerland is sooo cool!!! Look, look, here's pictures of girls, riding to the range with rifles on their backs."

"Israel is sooooo cool.... look!!! Girls at the beach with AR-15's!!!"

OH NO!!!! SOME DUDE IN UTAH WORE AN AR-15 IN PUBLIC!!!!!

Rabble rabble rabble!!!!!!!

south-park-rabble-rabble-rabble.jpg  

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 02:54 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
It is the same intimidation you used here-
The POINT of the Second Amendment IS to intimidate our politicians... It doesn't mean threaten them. It means, they should know that there is an armed populace, that they represent...they should NATURALLY be intimidated...

Here...UNINTIMIDATED politicians...
633503707746900164-genocide2.jpg  

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #56

Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin

The POINT of the Second Amendment IS to intimidate our politicians... It doesn't mean threaten them. It means, they should know that there is an armed populace, that they represent...they should NATURALLY be intimidated...

Amen!!! You are exactly right!!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 AM   #57

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

If that had been in my hometown, 10 square miles around the perimeter of the shopping center would have been closed off and several SWAT teams from the 3 closest counties would have been dispatched. The local National Guard would have probably been activated as well.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #58
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7117 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8640

I had to delete several posts in this thread due to fighting and name calling. Keep it civil here or this thread is done.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
Amen!!! You are exactly right!!!!
And THATs the point. We'll NEVER HAVE to use violence...never HAVE to fight back... Never HAVE to use threats...just like Russia and the US never went to war... M.A.D.
Mutually assured destruction.

Politicians don't look at the Constitution (ESPECIALLY now that they call the constitution outdated, or a "living document") and say..."OOOhhhh.... the magic paper says no."
They go to sleep at night knowing that there's 300 million guns in the US, and it only takes ONE to keep their silly asses from re-instuting slavery, or sending people to detention camps, or outlawing "Jewery"... And that's the way it should be... And if some dude in Utah, reminds them that people have "death spraying, puppy murder devices in their hands...then ****. Maybe they'll think the **** for a moment before they try some stupid ****.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat
or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." -Orwell

Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #60

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:

When I read it I just don't see the part about intimidating politicians- to stand outside their office and threaten them - they are americans as well and how does that work ? You make it sound like it is a war between us and them ... but they are the same as you and I.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Closed Thread