Don't Do This!!!! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
i have a "right" to dress as a Dervish and run all over the city of Lawton, OK waving a machete. Does that make it the smart thing to do? Hell no!!!!
I wouldn't equate that to what this fellow was doing. But if the people of UT feel it's ok to carry a rifle around one's back why should someone who lives in CA or OK or TX care what he does? Are folks so narrow minded to think that if the shooting in Newton CT hadn't happened we wouldn't still be fighting for our rights? Gun control isn't the unintended consequence due to the actions of gun owners ... gun control is an agenda to disarm the people or thier right to self defense

I would think that in 2013 firearms owners would have some understanding of history ... that's it for me, I'll leave you "adults" to your horsebeating

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1512 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 528

I am an advocate of open carry. I live in a rural area. Defense of my property often requires a sidearm larger than I can conceal. Most of the time when I open carry I am on my own property. Yet there are occasions when I run up to the feed store or to get fuel and I forget about the cannon hanging off my hip. It's legal and no one takes me wrong. It should remain legal.

Those who do stupid stuff like open carry in a shopping center or an urban area should be charged with brandishing a firearm or displaying a firearm to the terror of the people. (or whatever they call it - we can see why I dropped out of law school). The state of NC makes it easy for anyone with a good record to get a concealed permit.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8149 Times on 4706 Posts
Likes Given: 10516

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I wouldn't equate that to what this fellow was doing. But if the people of UT feel it's ok to carry a rifle around one's back why should someone who lives in CA or OK or TX care what he does? Are folks so narrow minded to think that if the shooting in Newton CT hadn't happened we wouldn't still be fighting for our rights? Gun control isn't the unintended consequence due to the actions of gun owners ... gun control is an agenda to disarm the people or thier right to self defense

I would think that in 2013 firearms owners would have some understanding of history ... that's it for me, I'll leave you "adults" to your horsebeating

The problem with it is that this guy in Utah will impact national politics due to the current climate. A couple of months ago it might have made the local news, most likely not even that. But it isn't a couple of months ago, it is now.

Also, I don't think we have seen you packing your AR around the local shopping mall. Why aren't you doing what this guy did if you think its such a good idea?

Fact is you aren't, and neither is anyone else that I have seen in the news. Please do not take this as an invitation though. It is not going to help our side.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #44

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
The problem with it is that this guy in Utah will impact national politics due to the current climate. A couple of months ago it might have made the local news, most likely not even that. But it isn't a couple of months ago, it is now.

Also, I don't think we have seen you packing your AR around the local shopping mall. Why aren't you doing what this guy did if you think its such a good idea?

Fact is you aren't, and neither is anyone else that I have seen in the news. Please do not take this as an invitation though. It is not going to help our side.
Yeah...hopefully the conversation goes like this..

"Hey, we have the anti-gun bill for you to sign."

"Uh...they're walking around with machine guns outside...I think I'll let this bill die."

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #45

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post

"Uh...they're walking around with machine guns outside...I think I'll let this bill die."
Thats the way you see it ???

Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Thats the way you see it ???
Hopefully. I sure as **** wouldn't want to be the one to take away gun owners guns....

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #47

Quote:
Hopefully. I sure as **** wouldn't want to be the one to take away gun owners guns....
Are you related to Lance

Old 01-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #48
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8149 Times on 4706 Posts
Likes Given: 10516

Quote:

Well, if you are walking around the Capitol in DC with a machine gun that isn't going to help. I am thinking that movement won't be picking up too many followers.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Are you related to Lance
lance who?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #50

Quote:
lance who?
Lance Armstrong

Closed Thread