Don't Do This!!!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2141 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 3246

IMO: The man is a maroon.

Open carry of loaded weapons got open carry of loaded weapons banned in the state of CA. The governor who killed open carry of loaded weapons in CA was the "gunowner's champion", Ronald Reagan.

Last edited by alsaqr; 01-19-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8321 Times on 4809 Posts
Likes Given: 10792

I don't mean to imply that UT is like CA, I am just trying to point out that there are sometimes unintended consequences. His calling the cops and letting them know means that he expected a negative reaction (that is what I would call people calling 911 to report him at Pennys). His intent was to cause a stir. That was the statement he intended to make whether he is conscious of it or not. "Look at me! I am carrying a gun and not shooting people! Look how responsible I am!" I do not think that was the message that actually was conveyed.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8321 Times on 4809 Posts
Likes Given: 10792

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
IMO: The man is a maroon.

Open carry of loaded weapons got open carry of loaded weapons banned in the state of CA. The governor who killed open carry of loaded weapons in CA was the "gunowner's champion", Ronald Reagan.
And last year open carry of unloaded firearms was outlawed as a result of the same types of actions on the part of a few individuals, it was signed by Governor Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, but it was actually pushed through by the open carry protestors themselves. They shot themselves in the foot.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
locutus Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5828 Times on 3295 Posts
Likes Given: 5307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
but it was actually pushed through by the open carry protestors themselves. They shot themselves in the foot.

as Pogo said:

"WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND THEY ARE US!

Winston Churchill
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2141 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 3246

There was a case in TN where a genius carried a Draco in the park. To keep himself from being shot by the cops the genius painted the muzzle of the gun orange. He lost his CCW as a result.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #26

Liked 2564 Times on 1155 Posts
Likes Given: 2462

Saying that carrying of a legal weapon in california got it banned is like saying driving a car legally will get the practice banned. We have open carry in my state and doing so has never gotten it banned. Everybody bitches about gun free zones because you say it leaves you vulnerable. What weapon did the last mall shooter use? That's right, a rifle so why shouldn't we be armed with the same thing as the bad guys? If I told you there is a bad guy over there with a rifle and then handed you a 380 and told you to go get him what would you say? I think this country has gone nuts with the concealed carry thing. The purpose of carrying is for self defense not to see how small of a weapon you can hide on your body. Some of you guys sound just like the anti gunners, "he isn't doing it the way I would so it shouldn't be allowed". If you want to carry a mouse gun deep in your underwear that's your business, if he wants to carry a rifle that's his business. This is exactly what the anti's want to see, gun owners complaining about other gun owners.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #27

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
If you want to carry a mouse gun deep in your underwear that's your business, if he wants to carry a rifle that's his business. This is exactly what the anti's want to see, gun owners complaining about other gun owners.
BINGO!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Saying that carrying of a legal weapon in california got it banned is like saying driving a car legally will get the practice banned. We have open carry in my state and doing so has never gotten it banned. Everybody bitches about gun free zones because you say it leaves you vulnerable. What weapon did the last mall shooter use? That's right, a rifle so why shouldn't we be armed with the same thing as the bad guys? If I told you there is a bad guy over there with a rifle and then handed you a 380 and told you to go get him what would you say? I think this country has gone nuts with the concealed carry thing. The purpose of carrying is for self defense not to see how small of a weapon you can hide on your body. Some of you guys sound just like the anti gunners, "he isn't doing it the way I would so it shouldn't be allowed". If you want to carry a mouse gun deep in your underwear that's your business, if he wants to carry a rifle that's his business. This is exactly what the anti's want to see, gun owners complaining about other gun owners.
Yup ^^^ this^^^!!!!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #29

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
BINGO!!!
I think thats just responsible gun owners trying to to make other gun owners to act in responsible manner

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #30

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I agree. Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean that you need to shove it in someone's face in a confrontational manner.

Closed Thread