Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Seriously? A rifle in JC Penny? I would NEVER want to attract that much attention to myself. I guarantee you, if I ever feel a need to carry a rifle into a store, (other than a gun shop or range), there will not be any stores to shop at.

Although, I do suspect that in very specific places and times, OC is OK. In general, I'll pass.
Sure- hunting, hikeing, cowboyin & firefights --

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #12

Liked 1766 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

I would not do that. I have a ccw and dont open carry. But it is pretty hard to make a statement of protest while concealing.

I was just at gun rally at the county court house. I just got home a few minutes ago. I did open carry there. It was actually encouraged. I wondered if we would see rifles there. I was sorry that I didnt bring my AR. There were as many rifles as handguns. That is the way to a protest...as an organized respectful group. There were probably about 200 or more of us. Quite a show of support.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Gh0zt36 Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8062 Times on 4656 Posts
Likes Given: 10414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I would not do that. I have a ccw and dont open carry. But it is pretty hard to make a statement of protest while concealing.

I was just at gun rally at the county court house. I just got home a few minutes ago. I did open carry there. It was actually encouraged. I wondered if we would see rifles there. I was sorry that I didnt bring my AR. There were as many rifles as handguns. That is the way to a protest...as an organized respectful group. There were probably about 200 or more of us. Quite a show of support.
It sounds like that was appropriate where you live, and I applaud you and the other protestors.

Here in CA they banned all open carry outright because of D-bags like this guy who were open carrying in shopping malls and coffee shops, places where it was not at all appropriate. The result was an outright ban and that is exactly what I expected.

This guyy was inappropriately open carrying. He is not doing us any good.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #14

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

I think that Utah residents are better suited to judge what they tolerate, allow...want in their communities than the national news.

STFU lame stream media.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #15

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

And this is just an excuse for the national news to push their agenda. "Look!!! A gun lover doing something perfectly legal, but not what WE define as normal!!! We're going to make a HUGE deal out of it so you think like we do!!! Look! Look there!!! Someone doing something we don't like!!!"

WELL **** YOU!!! You communist, New York based, POS slimeball media. If my state allows me to drive a friggin TANK down the road, then it's not your business to agendatize (my new word for the lame stream media) it.

Edit to add.... If we can't exercise our 2nd amendment rights in New York, then the media shouldn't be allowed to exercise their first in ours. How about we ban negative news stories involving guns from reporters out of New York.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Ditto
Echo that
Samo here
Agree
Big +1
Tru dat
Feel ya
What are you trying to say?
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 01-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
And this is just an excuse for the national news to push their agenda. "Look!!! A gun lover doing something perfectly legal, but not what WE define as normal!!! We're going to make a HUGE deal out of it so you think like we do!!! Look! Look there!!! Someone doing something we don't like!!!"

WELL **** YOU!!! You communist, New York based, POS slimeball media. If my state allows me to drive a friggin TANK down the road, then it's not your business to agendatize (my new word for the lame stream media) it.

Edit to add.... If we can't exercise our 2nd amendment rights in New York, then the media shouldn't be allowed to exercise their first in ours. How about we ban negative news stories involving guns from reporters out of New York.
I like it!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #18

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
What are you trying to say?
I try to be discreet & non committal

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2706 Times on 1346 Posts
Likes Given: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
This is the kind of open carry that got all open carry banned in California. There is absolutely no reason to open carry a rifle slung over your shoulder into a JC Penny store. The "because its legal" argument doesn't hold water with me. If you feel the need to open carry then why would a holstered pistol not suffice? Or why do you not have a concealed carry permit and do that (if a permit is required)? Before you start fragging me, I don't even thing that cops should be carrying their rifles into a JC Penny store unless there has been an established threat. Sidearms are fine, but the rifle is just some douchebag trying to make out like he is a mucho macho hombre, and he is anything but that. Much the opposite in fact.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-man-carries-assault-rifle-penney-article-1.1242834?localLinksEnabled=false&google_editors_p icks=true
Utah is NOT California.
From what I saw on the news, most people just kind of shrugged. To my knowledge, no one peed themselves.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 01-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
This is the kind of open carry that got all open carry banned in California. There is absolutely no reason to open carry a rifle slung over your shoulder into a JC Penny store. The "because its legal" argument doesn't hold water with me. If you feel the need to open carry then why would a holstered pistol not suffice? Or why do you not have a concealed carry permit and do that (if a permit is required)? Before you start fragging me, I don't even thing that cops should be carrying their rifles into a JC Penny store unless there has been an established threat. Sidearms are fine, but the rifle is just some douchebag trying to make out like he is a mucho macho hombre, and he is anything but that. Much the opposite in fact.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-man-carries-assault-rifle-penney-article-1.1242834?localLinksEnabled=false&google_editors_p icks=true
I don't open carry. 99% of people wouldn't even know that I conceal carry, and I don't announce it. However, in Utah open carry is an option. Even though I wouldn't do that, it is his choice. I saw the article earlier, he called the local fuzz and told them where he would be so they didn't panic about calls from the Penny's. I actually think that maybe it could be better for people to see how many people are actually carrying sometimes, so they realize how common it is. They all assume that no one carries except the cops and a few crazy militia types. One thing for sure, dude has balls of steel.