Don't Do This!!!! - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
So you mean to tell me that store security cameras and witnesses wouldn't prove that the guy never shot? Wasn't that why he called ahead? It's not self defense unless he shot at the police! To argue otherwise is foolish.
Why would anyone wear their AR to the mall ?? Why put the officers who respond in that position of answering that call ?? What if a wanna be George Zimmermen sees you first ?? This is just so stupid.
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #132
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,287
Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post

Why would anyone wear their AR to the mall ?? Why put the officers who respond in that position of answering that call ?? What if a wanna be George Zimmermen sees you first ?? This is just so stupid.
Why someone would do that is for them to know, you would have to ask them. Ever watch The Rifleman? He carried his everywhere! I understand this isn't the wild west, but if it was legal then and legal now, who cares? I am not recommending everybody go out and do it, but no harm, no foul. Did you hear his call to the police telling them what he was doing? Do you know the details of what he discussed with them? Do you have information the rest of us don't? Without knowing these pertinent facts you can only speculate that they would have even responded in the first place! How do you know that "IF" a concerned citizen called, they wouldn't have just explained the situation, and told them not to worry? It could have happened, but I wouldn't expect the NY Post to give us that tidbit of info. If you're not shooting, a wanna be George Zimmerman has no reason to start shooting!
__________________

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.


Last edited by BigB; 01-20-2013 at 08:48 PM.
BigB is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #133
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davva360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 378
Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

I have mixed feelings on the whole open carry subject. I get that he has the right and I think it's fine in certain circumstances but whenever I get the feeling someone is doing it for attention I cringe a bit.

I think it can be used against us politically and it would have been better with a pistol.

Tactically it makes no sense.

__________________
davva360 is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #134
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bamashooter68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: cullman,alabama
Posts: 597
Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Default

Flat tire why are you so down on george zimmerman and legal open carry. The man in Utah did nothing wrong. Maybe if more people would exercise their rights it wouldnt be as big of a deal as you are making it out to be. Zimmerman shot a punk who was bouncing his head off the concrete after he broke his nose. WTF does he have to do with this anyway. Seems to me like you just want to flame. Are you a supporter of the 2nd amendment? What about people's right to carry open and legally?

__________________
bamashooter68 is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
Flat tire why are you so down on george zimmerman and legal open carry. The man in Utah did nothing wrong. Maybe if more people would exercise their rights it wouldnt be as big of a deal as you are making it out to be. Zimmerman shot a punk who was bouncing his head off the concrete after he broke his nose. WTF does he have to do with this anyway. Seems to me like you just want to flame. Are you a supporter of the 2nd amendment? What about people's right to carry open and legally?
No one knows what happened with this Zimmerman deal. There is a chance that Zimmerman was out looking to pick a fight and in the name of self defense shot and killed someone. That is what it looks like when someone open carries in the USA. We don't have the fighting in the streets like other countries. We have good police around the country that handle most situations, we are civil. So a person that is in plain clothes and has an AR strapped to their back would just appear to be a freak with a mission. Is it ever that crazy for someone to think they need to have this to go to JC Penny's. Zimmerman is the plain clothed vigilante that killed some kid, and did the punk deserve to die ?
So if Zimmerman walks from shooting some punk that didn't have a weapon, what makes you think the cop that shoots you wouldn't get an award for taking guns off the streets ?????
__________________

Last edited by Flat Tire; 01-20-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #136
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Why someone would do that is for them to know, you would have to ask them. Ever watch The Rifleman? He carried his everywhere! I understand this isn't the wild west, but if it was legal then and legal now, who cares? I am not recommending everybody go out and do it, but no harm, no foul. Did you hear his call to the police telling them what he was doing? Do you know the details of what he discussed with them? Do you have information the rest of us don't? Without knowing these pertinent facts you can only speculate that they would have even responded in the first place! How do you know that "IF" a concerned citizen called, they wouldn't have just explained the situation, and told them not to worry? It could have happened, but I wouldn't expect the NY Post to give us that tidbit of info. If you're not shooting, a wanna be George Zimmerman has no reason to start shooting!
What would stop someone from calling the police and say I am going to open carry so don't respond to any of the calls that come in from the mall.......... and then go shoot the place up ???
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #137
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,287
Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post

What would stop someone from calling the police and say I am going to open carry so don't respond to any of the calls that come in from the mall.......... and then go shoot the place up ???
By your own logic then none of us should be able to carry open or concealed! Apparently we cannot be trusted to do the right thing! So we should just depend on the gubment to keep us safe! I'm sure you'll be the first to hand them over when they come to collect.
__________________

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

BigB is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #138
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Idaho --,Happy
Posts: 1,905
Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
By your own logic then none of us should be able to carry open or concealed! Apparently we cannot be trusted to do the right thing! So we should just depend on the gubment to keep us safe! I'm sure you'll be the first to hand them over when they come to collect.
I only thing I said about concealed carry is there is a chance Zimmerman was the punk. Don't make things up about what my logic.
__________________
Flat Tire is offline  
 
Old 01-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #139
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern,WI
Posts: 1,103
Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
What would stop someone from calling the police and say I am going to open carry so don't respond to any of the calls that come in from the mall.......... and then go shoot the place up ???
Just because you call the police and tell them you are open carrying doesn't mean they are not going to respond to further calls, they have to respond to the calls no matter if you call and warn them first or not. You are grasping at straws coming up with silly "what if's" that in real life aren't going to happen. If you are so afraid of guns and people who tote them why don't you move to NY or Chicago.
__________________

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

blucoondawg is offline  
 
Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,287
Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post

I only thing I said about concealed carry is there is a chance Zimmerman was the punk. Don't make things up about what my logic.
I don't have to make it up! Anybody that's been reading this thread knows what you've been writing! Climb back in your hole!

PS A little advice.

306022_283311928409523_126894987384552_650961_893921731_n.jpg
__________________

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

BigB is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes