Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Don't Do This!!!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

If the cops shoot someone for having a rifle, slung over their shoulder, they need to not be cops....
or move to California.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 AM   #92

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
If a cop responded to a call about someone legally carrying a rifle slung on their shoulder and shot them dead that cop would be in a serious world of $hit. If you would support a cop killing someone for such a killing you have serious issues.
The cop would walk- it wouldn't matter what I thought or support.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #93

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Open carry is legal in some places. Remember when people were attending obamacare and tea party rallies open carrying? The only one who made a big deal about that was chris matthews. Remember when msnbc tried to bring race into the mix by showing a man carrying an AR at a tea party rally but they were zoomed in real close and fox panned out the video and it was a black man? No big deal then. Why is it a big concearn now? If it was legal for me to strap my weapons on openly, I may or may not but it would be nice to have that option and if a guy has the legal right to do it Im not gonna beat him up for it. If you care about the 2nd amendment you shouldnt either.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #94

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
If the cops shoot someone for having a rifle, slung over their shoulder, they need to not be cops....
or move to California.
Or Idaho it seems...

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 01-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
The cop would walk- it wouldn't matter what I thought or support.
He may walk but he would have committed murder and would have a hard time finding work after that, killing someone for exercising their legal right would be severely frowned upon in most areas.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #96

Quote:
If a cop responded to a call about someone legally carrying a rifle slung on their shoulder and shot them dead that cop would be in a serious world of $hit. If you would support a cop killing someone for such a killing you have serious issues.
How would the cop know if you are legally carrying ? How would the cop know the intent ? If you swing that thing off your shoulder there is a good chance you would be shot.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #97

Quote:
He may walk but he would have committed murder and would have a hard time finding work after that, killing someone for exercising their legal right would be severely frowned upon in most areas.
It's not murder... it would be self defense.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #98

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
How would the cop know if you are legally carrying ? How would the cop know the intent ? If you there is a good chance you would be shot.
You gotta be kidding right? If you are carrying a weapon in a safe manner not exibiting behavior dangerous to yourself or others in a manner in compliance with your local statutes = good

If you are aproached by a police officer and you " swing that thing off your shoulder " = bad

Get it ?

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #99
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7744 Times on 4473 Posts
Likes Given: 9991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Dude, California lost it's mind when Hollywood set up shop, and every frufru weirdo "artist" started flocking there in droves...Been that way since the 1920's.
Then the 60's hit, and the commies started flocking there, and spreading up the coast like a virus...infecting Seattle, and Portland. Now that they've ruined the state, they're metastasizing in Boulder and Denver, ruining Colorado. Asheville, North Carolina, and Atlanta Georgia are becoming new breeding grounds as well...
I am not using California as a model as to what should be, but as an example of how badly things can go if the people don't pay attention. My state is a good bad example. I know that. It might surprise you to know that Hollywood is not as much of an influence on the rest of the state as you might think (or that Hollywood might like to think!). The reason that LA Liberalism has metastasized elsewhere is because the state has alienated the Hollywood entertainment industry which has driven it out and Portland and Seattle have embraced it with open arms.

By the way, how long have you lived in California Mosin?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:20 AM   #100

Quote:
How would the cop know if you are legally carrying ? How would the cop know the intent ? If you swing that thing off your shoulder there is a good chance you would be shot.
If it is legal to carry in an area no cop needs to know your intent they need to mind their own damned business, and ya I suppose if a cop drives up and you swing your gun off your shoulder you will have an issue. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would do such a thing and I believe now you are just coming up with crazy what if scenarios to try to further your arguement against legal open carry. Legal carry is legal carry you don't need to prove you have a reason or tell anyone what you are doin, you are going for a walk and carrying to protect yourself, so what, the cop should go about his business.

Closed Thread